State of the game 09.2020

Red rank killers :

  • camping the hooked survivor
  • tunneling

Red rank survivors :

  • hiding in closet
  • not doing gens
  • unhooking in front of the killer without borrow
  • can't hold the killer more than 20 seconds using all the pallets of the map

Is it the kind of gamedesign you intended to do devs ? Is it the kind of gameplay you want to offer ?

Having all red ranks killers camping and tunneling every matches, do you like to see that it is the current meta of your awesome balance changes ?

And having boosted survivors i nrank 1 that understood nothing about the game mechanics, is it what you intended to do with your pipe-up system ?

What i have seen in the last update is that you empressed yourself to release many expensive skins for the new killer instead of fixing the game problems...

If i remember correctly, in the last "road map" communication, you told us the year would be huge. Yes, huge disappointment.

Comments

  • @maderr said:

    Red rank killers :

    • camping the hooked survivor
    • tunneling

    Red rank survivors :

    • hiding in closet
    • not doing gens
    • unhooking in front of the killer without borrow
    • can't hold the killer more than 20 seconds using all the pallets of the map

    Is it the kind of gamedesign you intended to do devs ? Is it the kind of gameplay you want to offer ?

    Having all red ranks killers camping and tunneling every matches, do you like to see that it is the current meta of your awesome balance changes ?

    And having boosted survivors i nrank 1 that understood nothing about the game mechanics, is it what you intended to do with your pipe-up system ?

    What i have seen in the last update is that you empressed yourself to release many expensive skins for the new killer instead of fixing the game problems...

    If i remember correctly, in the last "road map" communication, you told us the year would be huge. Yes, huge disappointment.

    Ummm... that isn't the state of the game any more than usual. There are always some Killers (potent or cruddy Rank) that camp, tunnel, slug, and Mori. Sometimes it is the right tactic. Sometimes it isn't. When a Red Rank is using those options, you can be pretty sure that they have a good reason for it. I'm not as good a Survivor as I am a Killer (although I do try to play both equally). Thus, I don't face Red Rank Killers near as often. When I do (and I do pull them from time to time) I've noticed they are beasts. Good on them. Who am I to tell them their jobs. Do you know what I mean?

    Survivors not doing their share in the Red Rank? I doubt it. I think your judgement may be slightly impaired based on some bad experiences. The way Rank works, those Survivors had to do a hell of a lot (and different kinds of things) to get to their position. The better your Rank, the harder it is just to maintain (same with Killer).

    We all have bad games; hell, sometimes we have a LOT of bad games in a row. It is easier to blame OTHER people for our problems. Nobody likes to take ownership of their own failures. I've been fighting Red Rank Survivors now (pretty much every match) since I hit Purple. Quite often, I'm fighting whole squads of them. On the whole, they are amazing and frustrating to play against. I think you might need to take a breath and relax. Consider your own bias.

    Finally, I'm pretty sure that the DEV is always working to maintain as good a balance as they can. I think a lot of us forget just how many variables this game has in play. The fact that they manage to keep things as balanced as they do is AMAZING. It will never be perfect; it would be impossible to achieve. I know we like to THINK we know better, and are always chock full of suggestions (and complaints) but my advice is to find a different game if you aren't that happy. That is the long and the short of it. All online games, particularly PVP, have bugs, balance issues, and the unfortunate bad sports (jerks). You have to decide if the fun you are having is still greater than the grief you get from those things. If it isn't, move on.

  • Lol, I get tunneled pretty rarely because killers know that when there is an obsession symbol it means that they have DS, so I don't really know why you are complaining as if it happens that often anyway. If you're getting tunneled a lot you're probably in 6-10 ranks.

    I also get camped VERY VERY rarely, so I don't understand why you're even talking about that, just use BT and DS.

    And if a dumb survivor unhooks right in front of the killer without BT just use DS.

    Also, why are you saying red rank in every sentence? All of the things you were complaining about happens WAY more in low ranks.

    All you seem to be good at is complain, be positive for a change!

  • Guys, since the rank reset most of red ranks games are like this. I don't know if you are playing on USA servers or on EU servers but on EU serveurs it's the state of the game. There are tons of threads on the forum complaining about this, many players relate this to the crossplay update (even though even PC players play like this noiw).

    Last month (from 13th July to 13th August) it was great, getting everytime great games (still at red rank). But then something happened and killer's behavior has changed, survivors i don't know as i was only playing in SWF.

    I have played 140h (from 13th to 13th), so you can't say it's jsut some bad games in a row... it's not some, it's hudnred of games lol.

    Sure in between some games were good but it's clearly less than 20%.

    @AggressiveFTW So when you soloQ you need DS cause ######### unhook in front of the killer, you need dead hard cause you are tunneled, you need kindred cause dumb survivors don't have awareness of what is happening and are too dumb to "feel" when they have to help or not, and you need self care cause they don't heal you, prefering to go in a closet...

    Sry but it's not the way i play the game, it's not hide & seek, it's a team based game as survivors... And no i'm not in 6/10 ranks, it has been 3 years i'm rank 1/2 everytime lol...

    Would like to see you playing, really ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @maderr said:

    Guys, since the rank reset most of red ranks games are like this. I don't know if you are playing on USA servers or on EU servers but on EU serveurs it's the state of the game. There are tons of threads on the forum complaining about this, many players relate this to the crossplay update (even though even PC players play like this noiw).

    Last month (from 13th July to 13th August) it was great, getting everytime great games (still at red rank). But then something happened and killer's behavior has changed, survivors i don't know as i was only playing in SWF.

    I have played 140h (from 13th to 13th), so you can't say it's jsut some bad games in a row... it's not some, it's hudnred of games lol.

    Sure in between some games were good but it's clearly less than 20%.

    @AggressiveFTW So when you soloQ you need DS cause ######### unhook in front of the killer, you need dead hard cause you are tunneled, you need kindred cause dumb survivors don't have awareness of what is happening and are too dumb to "feel" when they have to help or not, and you need self care cause they don't heal you, prefering to go in a closet...

    Sry but it's not the way i play the game, it's not hide & seek, it's a team based game as survivors... And no i'm not in 6/10 ranks, it has been 3 years i'm rank 1/2 everytime lol...

    Would like to see you playing, really ๐Ÿ˜‚

    There is one sentence in yoor post that explains exactly why killers are getting fatigued with how this game is currently balanced. Letโ€™s see if you can figure out the few key words you spoke.