I don't get the new flashlight blind mechanics
I don't know about anyone else, but I just can't get it to work for me, the old one had a trick to it, but it was far more reliable than the new one.
I don't know about anyone else, but I just can't get it to work for me, the old one had a trick to it, but it was far more reliable than the new one.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Between the new flashlight aiming and the decreased chances of finding a flashlight from chests, it's making the Blind or Lightburn the Killer 5 times challenge that much harder. ๐
New flashlight? I thought it was a bug. You spend 75% of the flashlight to pallet blind
Is it just me, or was the flashlight beam distance nerfed too??
Maybe it's just because I'm seeing the beam from this new angle, but I feel like the killer has to be breathing on me before I'm close enough for the beam to reach them and start shrinking
Yeah it has been nerfed they killed my item.
Yeah the pov is completely different now its further up and you have to aim really high now to even get the blind.
Flashlights shadownerf
Aren't the new flashlight mechanics just the old flashlight mechanics?
Good gravy train, can someone explain the new mechanics to get a flashlight blind? I've read that Ash can reliably pull it off, but has something to do with because he still has the capability to crouch and point???
If you line up your character model to cover up the killers when they are in front of you and look slightly up it will work everytime I feel like they've zoomed in on the character model so you can't see really what you're looking at until you click but try it out
Thank you for your help, I will give it a try. I'd given up on the Rift challenge after wasting so many flashlights -_-
I'm running Plunderer's, Ace in the Hole, Streetwise (and soon Built to Last) to get flashlights on the fly.
That said, I've had 10 matches in a row where I was lucky enough to hit all 3 chests, yet got no flashlights at all (2 iridescent keys in one match, but no flashlights)
@Zeidoktor
The aim point used to be up and to the right of the center of the screen. People got used to this... but blinds were OP as hell
Then it was changed to above the center of the screen. People got used to this one again... it's been like this for quite a while.
Now it's the exact center of the screen as of this most recent patch... I guess to be more intuitive but folks used to just before it might struggle for a bit.
Contrary to what people are saying the "Aimpoint" on the killer model has been the same - test it out while jiggling the flashlight while its on and note the beam narrowing.
Still managed a few flashlight saves though I start slightly earlier just because I have to aim adjust for a moment again. Haven't noticed any problems yet even against PH or Blight, who notoriously is gaining some reputation as being "hard to blind". Not sure if the new angle is my favorite especially with being too close to the killer because it cants the aim due to the survivor model and third person view. Anything from 5m+ has been perfectly fine for me though so try standing slightly further away.
That's a really great idea! I play Ace a lot, so building a stockpile could be feasible ๐ค
Actually it hasn't. Its a bug and should be fixed soon.
You mean fixed liked 1-2 weeks later like the cake situation.
That's fair. It is annoying, as flashlights are the only reason i play survivor, but with a litte effort I got the new angles down.
never been good with flashlight anyways.
I guess all they need to do is actually make it like before they broke it the first time.
Too late now I'm already used to the way it is currently lol I'd be pissed if it changed again in a hot fix
Nah man this one is sooo weird
Yeah.