What does everybody think of Adrenaline Vial on The Blight?

Just played my first game with it, I combined it with Umbra Salts (turning add-on) but I'm still not sure how I feel about it, anybody else tried it out?

Comments

  • What does it do?

  • @Slayer192845 said:

    Just played my first game with it, I combined it with Umbra Salts (turning add-on) but I'm still not sure how I feel about it, anybody else tried it out?

    Isn't that the green add-on that basically disables Rush turning, but grants 2 charges and high lunge mobility? If so, it is not great by any means, especially within indoor maps.

  • What does it mean by look angle?

  • You basically rush in strait lines with it. Pretty bad imo. They should give it something else to compensate bad turning, probably increased speed

  • Just a tiny bit of speculation but could it be possible that the adrenaline was extracted from meg?

  • @DontNerf said:

    Just a tiny bit of speculation but could it be possible that the adrenaline was extracted from meg?

    Why else do you think she has adreniline perk.. I mean that's his needle in her heart

  • @Zani22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1612338#Comment_1612338

    Why else do you think she has adreniline perk.. I mean that's his needle in her heart

    *Takes off glasses* dear god

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    What does it mean by look angle?

    It allows you to turn your camera fully while running by in Rush - allowing you to line up your next shot easier and occasionally land you cheeky lethal rush angles you wouldn't be able to.


    As to OP - it's his strongest single addon outside of his Ultra Rare Compound (I guess potentially his Blight Tag if we all git gud) and Aura revealing ones. It pumps up your map traversal speed (Blight's biggest strength) even further, extending it by as much as 6 seconds and reducing the cooldown through charge renewal (1.33s per instead of 2s per). I haven't had trouble landing lethal rushes with it even with a "90%" turning reduction and hardly noticed the effect of turning addons (Green or Yellow ones) to be bothered enough to run either or call this one a "downside"


    @Slayer192845 Don't try to Counteract the downside with Umbra Salts Green (or Plague Bile Yellow) which is a 13% (.92/s Turning Radius to 10% (.88/s)Turning Radius increase while rushing. Adrenaline Vial's reduction is supposedly 90% meaning you go from .8 per second to .08 per second. Both turning addons are underwhelming for a reason


    @ZCerebrate said:

    At Day 1's close – Just some of my thoughts for now especially after testing the addons and looking up the numbers.

    Skip down to the review list below if you wish:

    115% M1 Killer which is basically like everyone else other than Hag, Nurse, Huntress, Spirit, and Deathslinger. Rush movement speed in power is 230% (Equal to Billy’s chainsaw sprint at 230%), more than Legion’s 130%, or even Spirits 176% Phase walks (Only dwarfed by Mother/daughter ring Spirit which is 236% but that should honestly be nerfed or a bigger downside introduced). Meaning his patrolling speed is top tier atm especially when making use of BBQ Chili information off a hook.

    Each rush lasts a max of 3 seconds or until collision with a default of 5 tokens (2s recharge per token so a max of 10 seconds) – with each slam giving you a 1 second window to change directions and charge again. Fatigue is 2.5s coming out of it.

    His chase potential is actually mediocre, having no lethality like many other killers and basically being limited to Save the Best For Last Perk (Which is Demogorgon level atm since Letha rush doesn’t drop stacks) to benefit fully from “too many survivors” bunch together or rushing the hook.

    ----------------------------------------------

    Ranking everything out of 10 for usefulness from my prespective as a R1 killer aiming for 3K Hatch or 4Ks - I do think

    I. Unique Ultra Rare (Pink) Addons:

    -----

    1) Compound Thirty-Three: Hinders nearby survivors for 3 seconds whenever you slam into something near them but really doesn’t have a downside + it gives you extra blood points as an event. They gave it the break pallets+breakable walls effect with rush as well so as it is – it’s a top tier addon that the survivors have to alter their behavior to deal with it directly.

    10/10

    2) Iridescent Blight Tag: Using all your rush tokens is a bit difficult especially if you are actively trying to take that high risk final lunge just to do an instant down. It’s probably going to take some practice – I couldn’t really pull it off in any meaningful way but maybe folks will run it with the yellow Shredded Notes (Reduce Max Rush Tokens by 1 in exchange for Token regeneration time) and see better results. Even still it’s a lethality addon on someone who could use it I guess so…

    5/10

    II. Unique Very Rare Addons (Purple):

    -----

    1) Soul Chemical – Reveals survivors within 8 meters while rushing. Surprisingly a good amount of information while running around – especially for folks who like to crouch and hide with urban evasion when they hear your terror radius. It doesn’t give the survivors advanced notice you are running the addon either so has good utility for no real downside.

    8/10

    2) Alchemist’s Ring – Instant Recharge of Rings upon hitting Lethal Dash. Completely negates the cooldown after your 2.5s fatigue to dash again immediately – gives you a lot of potential to run down those holding W trying to make it to the next pallet using that injured speed boost. Potential is there once you get good at being the pinball.

    7/10

    3) Vigo’s Journal – Gain Undetectable Status while rushing. This thing is ridiculously strong on most maps, even with the steps and screams he makes while running around in rush – it’s just obnoxious to play against due to the sheer speed he comes in. Requires some knowledge and can’t be useful 100% of the time but still top shelf.

    7/10

    4) Summoning Stone – Lethal Rush blocks pallets in 12m radius for 6seconds. A poor mans version of his own hex perk… The duration is far too short to make anything out of it usually other than isolated perfect scenarios or just to make the guy think you’re running the hex. You can down somebody at a pallet and pick him up instantly and not be worried about getting pallet stunned - there's your niche.

    3/10

    III. Unique Rare Addons:

    -----

    1) Compound Twenty One - Aura Reveal within 15m whenever you Slam. Bursts of information but a weaker version of Soul since there are large gaps in information too depending on the map. You ‘can’ use it sort of like a doctor static burst so there’s that. Even still I’ll rate it below the purple one even with higher range… which still puts it at useful as an aura reveal without giving obvious tells to the survivors.

    7/10

    2) Adernaline Vial – Improves token regeneration to 1.33s each, Increase Maximum Rush Look Angle which is basically just so you can survivors in your FOV before you collide to get more out of your next rush (Actually more helpful than I thought). Increases your maximum rush tokens by 2 and with a get this "90% turning radius reduction while rushing".

    In theory the importance of lining up your angles from slams and potentially being fully wrecked by 360s should be a problem... but whether its bugged or something you can see how underwhelming the turning addons are at the moment because how much that reduction doesn't feel like anything at all here AND you get an additional 6s of running time for covering the map. This has the potential to be oppressive on wide open maps similar to mother daughter ring on Spirit. This addon plays to Blight's strength even when run alone and I'll rate it as his strongest non-pink addon for that reason.

    Tried it a few more games and felt the turning debuff a bit more - still wasn't enough for me to lower the rating on it though.

    9/10

    IV. Unique Uncommon Addons:

    1) Shredded Notes (Improves token regeneration to 1.66s each, reduces total tokens by 1). It’s a niche perk that I can only really see being used with the Ultra Rare Blight tag to get more insta-downs.

    4/10 on it’s own but with that combo it has more potential if you can get “git gud” at last lethal rushes.

    V. Unique Common Addons:

    1) Compound Seven – Automatically face the nearest survivor within 16 metres after a Slam. This is a god awful addon for two reasons… in many cases it will just auto turn your camera im a completely confusing way – aiming it directly at people that have obstacles between you and them then you have to turn it away. If it actually helps you – more than likely you have collided someone when the survivor has absolutely no cover and you should not be using this anyway.

    It’s like a reverse training wheels as it might give you bad habits with the NICHE upside of maybe allowing you to find the general area of survivor within 16m if you aren’t running the aura addons. Someone else made a whole post about it being helpful if you flick your bounces and let it guide your last bounce shot for you but I felt disorientated using this after running all the other addons first and multiple games.

    2/10

    2) Chipped Monocle – Displays the target location of a slam: Honestly yet another training wheels addon that should just be part of the base kit… but unlike Nurse and maybe Doctor… why the hell anyone needs a circle in the middle of the screen for this simple mechanic is strange to be honest.

    1/10

    3) Placebo Tablet: Decrease rush movement speed to 215% but get more blood points while getting Rush Score evens by 100%. It’s a troll addon – move on.

    1/10.

    V. General Addons that have similar effects:

    -----

    1) Fatigue Time Reduction: base of 2.5s

    Brown addon Foxglove (-.25 s) making it 2.25s

    Yellow addon Canker Thorn (-.5 s) making it 2s, Stacks to make it 1.75s at best.

    These are just obviously strong addons while they are just boring. Getting almost a full second back off of missed rushes or after using it to close distance is massively powerful and usually save you a bunch of time while allowing Blight’s power to be much more forgiving in picking when to use it. It might build bad habits but there’s probably a reason a higher level version of this addon doesn’t exist because like Legion’s old fatigue reductions it would be run constantly

    7/10 for the yellow one but might even be worth stacking both for that budget general purpose build.

    2) Increases Rush Movement speed for each consecutive rush addons:

    Blighted Rat Yellow Addon with 4% ea for 234% to a cap of 240% (258% with Adernaline Vial)

    Blighted Crow Green Addon with 6% ea for 236% to a cap of 260% (272% with Adernaline Vial), Stacked without penalty it seems for 240% to a cap of 280% for 3 seconds.

    I honestly think this addon will be the sleeper hit once folks gets even better with Rush – at the very least flying around the map at even faster speeds puts immense pressure on survivors similar to Ad. Vial green addon. I tried both together only once but it didn’t seem to penalize each other – If you’ve ever run double engravings Billy it’s similar. The slight adjustment in speed if running people down might throw people off when lining up angles at the slam but I didn’t have any issues with it – if anything it only seemed to help me.

    I’ll rate the green one at 6/10 for the green but the yellow is useable in a pinch too.

    3) Turn Rate increasing addons turn your Base Rush Turn Rate of 0.8/s to:

    0.88/s (Plague Bile Yellow addon)

    0.92/s (Umbra Salts Green addon).

    I cannot even confirm whether this goes to 1.01/s if stacked because it was hardly noticeable even while running both. Generally speaking those minor underwhelming adjustments might make that fraction of a second difference at high levels but it was too minuet for me say I’ll be willing to run them over any other addon. Let me know if you guys feel differently.

    Seems like it's the amount you can slightly curve to allow you to hit objects you normally wouldn't be able to. I could hardly tell but I'll raise the grade by one to 3/10 as it could make a difference.

    Tentatively 3/10 for both.

    4) Increase Slam duration addons

    Rose Tonic Green Addon (Making it 2s to line up your rush after slam)

    Pustula Dust Yellow Addon (Making it 1.75s to line up your rush after slam)

    These are the true training wheel addons in my opinion as it really shouldn’t even take you the full default second to line up your next rush. God forbid you need 2.75s by stacking both of these… I didn’t even see much mind game potential from holding your slam for so long but maybe somebody else can.

    1/10 for both.


  • @Ghost_Face_Main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190570/what-does-everybody-think-of-adrenaline-vial-on-the-blight

    Isn't that the green add-on that basically disables Rush turning, but grants 2 charges and high lunge mobility? If so, it is not great by any means, especially within indoor maps.

    It also increases the recharge rate for tokens, so you get your ability back faster.

  • @SadLegion said:

    You basically rush in strait lines with it. Pretty bad imo. They should give it something else to compensate bad turning, probably increased speed

    It also give you 2 extra tokens and makes them recharge faster. It also makes you able to turn more when you lunge, meaning you can hit around corners a lot easier. So it does have compensation for the terrible turning it gives.

  • @Slayer192845 said:

    Just played my first game with it, I combined it with Umbra Salts (turning add-on) but I'm still not sure how I feel about it, anybody else tried it out?

    I played a game with it against Rank 1 survivors and it turned out to be really useful. I got the 4K with only 2-3 gens done. However, I was on Shelter Woods, which may have been the best possible map for that specific addon, so take that with a grain of salt.

    I also combined it with Umbra Salts, and I agree with cerebrate here: the combo did nothing for me. Even with the turning addon I was going basically in straight lines. That said, being able to free rotate your camera during rushes got me a LOT of hits I might have normally missed.

    I really liked the addon. It changed up my playstyle quite a bit. I don't foresee myself using it a lot, but I'll definitely be using it again from time to time.

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190570/what-does-everybody-think-of-adrenaline-vial-on-the-blight

    I played a game with it against Rank 1 survivors and it turned out to be really useful. I got the 4K with only 2-3 gens done. However, I was on Shelter Woods, which may have been the best possible map for that specific addon, so take that with a grain of salt.

    I also combined it with Umbra Salts, and I agree with cerebrate here: the combo did nothing for me. Even with the turning addon I was going basically in straight lines. That said, being able to free rotate your camera during rushes got me a LOT of hits I might have normally missed.

    I really liked the addon. It changed up my playstyle quite a bit. I don't foresee myself using it a lot, but I'll definitely be using it again from time to time.

    This might be the only addon where compound 7 could be useful on yes

  • @Zani22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614623#Comment_1614623

    This might be the only addon where compound 7 could be useful on yes

    It doesn't reduce turning during a slam, it only reduces it while rushing.