I give up. I tried to be patient with Blight but I went from rank 3 to 10 in 24 hours.

Can’t do it anymore. He’s just too frustrating with a pointless power that is easily dodged, useless at loops, and cannot mindgame with.

Comments

  • It's mostly used for mobility and catching up between loops, I wouldn't use it for loops unless it's something like the shack where you're guaranteed to hit them with it

    I've said a lot of bad things about it, but with some add-ons it can be fun and useful (most of the time)

    Failing that, I've played against a few Blights who use his power to tunnel and quickly return back to hook, and I have to admit, his kit is pretty good for it.

  • What I find interesting is that most people that have good things to say about him usually play him with add-ons, as he seems to be very add-on dependent.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    What I find interesting is that most people that have good things to say about him usually play him with add-ons, as he seems to be very add-on dependent.

    his add-ons are cool, but he doesn't need them to be good

    I've only really been using his common add-on that makes you aim at the nearest survivor after bashing, and honestly I'm only using it as a cheap detection tool.

  • @tactic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1611300#Comment_1611300

    his add-ons are cool, but he doesn't need them to be good

    I've only really been using his common add-on that makes you aim at the nearest survivor after bashing, and honestly I'm only using it as a cheap detection tool.

    I certainly don't want to give the impression that people can't master him without add-ons, but using add-ons like compound 21 certainly makes life easier.

  • Yep, he is absolutely effing hard. Hope he gets some buffs or changes, I havent had such a difficult time since trying to learn reworked nurse

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Can’t do it anymore. He’s just too frustrating with a pointless power that is easily dodged, useless at loops, and cannot mindgame with.

    The thing is that you are using his power on loops, try using them in between loops, when you are in a loop play like a normal m1 killer.

    Use both brown addons, the one that turns your camera to the nearest survivor and the one that lets you know where you are going to hit/bounce, it will help you.

  • I've been having a great time with him. The only thing I'm not quite sure about is his limited turning during his lethat rush lunge. Could maybe need a small buff, but nothing major.

  • Play him with addons. Makes a world of difference.

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    Play him with addons. Makes a world of difference.

    That's the problem. Killers should not be designed to require add ons. An example is playing trapper without trapper bags makes for a bad experience.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190430/i-give-up-i-tried-to-be-patient-with-blight-but-i-went-from-rank-3-to-10-in-24-hours

    The thing is that you are using his power on loops, try using them in between loops, when you are in a loop play like a normal m1 killer.

    Use both brown addons, the one that turns your camera to the nearest survivor and the one that lets you know where you are going to hit/bounce, it will help you.

    No, I stopped using the power at loops pretty quickly. So there is little way to mind game a loop. Making the power utterly pointless. You can even fake a rush.

  • I've been playing him exclusively since he came out and I'm still rank 2 so here's a couple pro(ish) tips

    As others have said, his power is best used between loops, it's only really effective at a few tiles.

    When using lethal rush swing earlier than you would normally. the hitbox is very wide so it's easy to catch survivors trying to dodge left or right.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1611321#Comment_1611321

    No, I stopped using the power at loops pretty quickly. So there is little way to mind game a loop. Making the power utterly pointless. You can even fake a rush.

    Yeah but his power is to be used outside of loops but honestly I feel like you should take a break from him, I've been seeing people getting really upset because of his power, relax bud remember that you can always take a break and play your main killer to relax.

  • How? I've played like 3 games with him

    First game was a mess, sure, but my second game was a 3k with me letting the 4th guy out by carrying him to open the gate, and the third game I had everyone on their last hooks & one guy dead. It's not that hard of a power to understand--he has insane mobility. Don't try to use it in jungle gyms though.