Help

Can I get any tips on how to apply pressure well without corrupt and in red ranks? I'm having a lot of trouble, way more than I had in purple

Comments

  • Thrilling is a great post-hook pressure perk, gives live info on what gens are being worked on, and pauses all others for 16 seconds with an 80 second cooldown, if combine it with Pop goes the weasel, it's an amazing combo if you can utilize it correctly

  • @BitingSea said:

    Thrilling is a great post-hook pressure perk, gives live info on what gens are being worked on, and pauses all others for 16 seconds with an 80 second cooldown, if combine it with Pop goes the weasel, it's an amazing combo if you can utilize it correctly

    Ok I'll think about getting it

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    Can I get any tips on how to apply pressure well without corrupt and in red ranks? I'm having a lot of trouble, way more than I had in purple

    With which killer and in which map? It's more complex than with specific perks

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190140/help

    With which killer and in which map? It's more complex than with specific perks

    Myers on Macmillan

  • Uh... Don't sweat it. That sounds like terribly advice, I know, but the more you worry about gens the more you will make mistakes. It's often fine if one or two gens pop before you even get a down, because most of those times they are shrinking the effective map space that you have to patrol. Just also remember to slug if you have a second readily available chase, always take easy hits, juggle survivors to keep them injured and pressured, and patrol the hook/force hook states if they "gens before friends" it (so they don't get to have their cake and eat it too).

    And just really don't worry. For the most, generators are out of your hands. I find it best to just slap on a slowdown perk that synergises well with my build and killer and have at it. You could also take the route of concentrating on gens before chases, but that's just a personal preference and, while many people swear by it so I bet it has plenty of validity, I don't get it.

  • Thanks for the advice I think I just commit too much in the early game but using yall tips imma try to play some more games.

  • My advice is going to sound crazy, but it works for me. Play Spooky Myers. Pick a good map for him if you have the option, but he will work on big ones too. The Wall Hack allows you to avoid wasting time searching, and put pressure where it needs to be. If it is a big map, find your three Gen early and make sure you protect it. Choose things like Haunted Ground and perhaps even Dragon Touch to get some Insta-Down availability. I've found the Red Rank folks don't fight Spooky all that much and it kind of throws them off just a hint. That with the new Perks available, you can slow down the Gen-Rush a LOT. Undying allows you to see their Auras too even when not Stalking.

    Like I said, it sounds crazy but it has worked for me surprisingly well. The best maps for Spooky Myers (in order of potency) are:

    Meat Plant

    Hawkins

    Lerys

    Any Swamp

    Haddonfield

    Cold Wind (all but Rotten Fields)

    McMillian, etc.

    *Basically the weaker the map the more you lean into the 3-Gen. But Spooky can fight on a LOT of maps without issue, or even with advantage. The weaker ones can be tactically cut by smart choices.

  • Me: tries to get better at the game

    Pallet: I don't think I wanna let you leave

    TL:DR I got stuck in a ######### pallet