Does Blood Favor Have To Be A Hex?

I might actually consider running it seriously if it wasn't, to get 1 or 2 cheeky hits and punish those going for flashlight saves. But the fact a niche use can be entirely negated just doesn't feel right imo.

What do you guys think?

Comments

  • the value you get from it overall, when survivors can run over 16 metres to another loop after being hit, combined with a cooldown?

    On top of the fact it also activates on downing a survivor, effectively wasting a use?

    It really shouldn't be a hex perk imo.

  • Yeah, I'm not sure it needs to be a Hex.

    I do wonder though, I haven't been able to test it out... what happens if you get the hit, then the survivor drops the pallet. Does the pallet not get dropped?

  • It's a Hex because maps are not always designed... Intelligently. Some maps, like Mother's Dwelling, have 1 pallet in an area and nothing else - that perk basically turns it into a deadzone. Other maps, like almost every other map, have pallets galore unless the RNG is extremely stupid, which means that the perk is useless.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Yeah, I'm not sure it needs to be a Hex.

    I do wonder though, I haven't been able to test it out... what happens if you get the hit, then the survivor drops the pallet. Does the pallet not get dropped?

    I've never thought about that, I wonder what happens. I'll test it out next time I boot up the game.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Yeah, I'm not sure it needs to be a Hex.

    I do wonder though, I haven't been able to test it out... what happens if you get the hit, then the survivor drops the pallet. Does the pallet not get dropped?

    @SCP_FOR_DBD Pallet gets dropped and you can still kick it - doesn't effect it because its technically already down before that hit "registered" on the server side... I guess(?)

  • If it had like no cooldown it would be good as a hex park giving killers a reason to run it and survivors a reason to cleanse

  • @MadLordJack said:

    It's a Hex because maps are not always designed... Intelligently. Some maps, like Mother's Dwelling, have 1 pallet in an area and nothing else - that perk basically turns it into a deadzone. Other maps, like almost every other map, have pallets galore unless the RNG is extremely stupid, which means that the perk is useless.

    Is Mother Dwelling really that badly programmed? I have almost never gotten it as survivor so I'm not very educated on it.

  • Not sure why it's a hex.

    They could remove the hex part of it and it would still be lackluster.

  • @ZCerebrate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607543#Comment_1607543

    @SCP_FOR_DBD Pallet gets dropped and you can still kick it - doesn't effect it because its technically already down before that hit "registered" on the server side... I guess(?)

    That makes sense, thanks for letting me know.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607547#Comment_1607547

    Is Mother Dwelling really that badly programmed? I have almost never gotten it as survivor so I'm not very educated on it.

    It's size means that even if every tile has a pallet, which is rare enough, they're so spread out that decent killer that knows how to zone you will most likely get a hit between tiles. It's the flip side to naturally spread-out gens: borderline unchainable tiles.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1607565#Comment_1607565

    It's size means that even if every tile has a pallet, which is rare enough, they're so spread out that decent killer that knows how to zone you will most likely get a hit between tiles. It's the flip side to naturally spread-out gens: borderline unchainable tiles.

    I hope the devs redesign the way some maps work with the graphics update.