Billy shadow nerf

I just figured out why Billy feels so bad. They moved his camera forward.

Look at any video of Billy gameplay in 2018 and 2019, even as late as january 2020 and look at how much of the hammer is showing while you walk. you can see a large part of the handle and his chainsaw is further away when revving giving you a better fov of what the survivor is doing.

Now they have moved it so far forward that you can't even see the full hammer head as part of that is cut off and the chainsaw blocks more of the screen. This creates a larger fov dead zone making it easier to run into objects or lose he survivor right under your nose.

Comments

  • @Zozzy said:

    I just figured out why Billy feels so bad. They moved his camera forward.

    Look at any video of Billy gameplay in 2018 and 2019, even as late as january 2020 and look at how much of the hammer is showing while you walk. you can see a large part of the handle and his chainsaw is further away when revving giving you a better fov of what the survivor is doing.

    This might be why he feels so clunky to me. Ever since a few updates ago he just felt weird and guess ive never noticed they changed his pov.

  • His starting flick has also been nerfed. From what i can tell it is restricted to a 120 degree turn with a large arc. i use to be able to do a 360 on the top of the hills before the long curve kicked in.

  • @m_hillbilly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602364#Comment_1602364

    I noticed something. He s just not fun like before. I cant explain all the details but it all started after new animation was implemented.

    Most annoying parts are :

    1)you no longer able to break pallet under any angle.

    2)your chainsaw hit ends as soon as sprint ends( this wasnt the case before i remember plenty of times i ended up close to survivor then rotated mouse around a bit and still got survivor)

    3)no sky billy

    4)large fov

    5)chainsaw fevering is not as smooth as before. Its a bit delayed.

    6) when you start curving its a bit slower as before. I mean you go into curving way slower sorry my english . At least it seems like to me.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/189055/new-hillbilly-animation-broke-hillbilly-gameplay

    Vote this up please.

    I remember survivors running into me during the cooldown and still being sawed, so they removed that to hey?

  • @m_hillbilly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602399#Comment_1602399

    Sorry try to rephrase it . I dont get it.

    What i meant was is that before you were able to still chainsaw survivors after your sprint ended. You could rotate your mouse into their direction when you end up close to them as soon as sprint ends.

    That would be the cooldown i mentioned.


    Its interesting that nobody seems to care. is it because i didn't go and find pictures to show it?

  • yea I think they bugged his pov in the update that removed infinite loops

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    yea I think they bugged his pov in the update that removed infinite loops

    That wasn't 2 months ago.

  • I noticed a while back that I was getting weird animation glitches with his Saw when going into cooldown or crashing.

  • I'm still absolutely baffled that they still haven't fixed the camera and animations. These bugged animations and fov look soooo bad, it feels like I'm playing a ptb version of Billy where he's unfinished. He feels like trash now and they're far too stubborn to admit their latest Billy changes weren't good, and he almost definitely won't be changed again.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    I'm still absolutely baffled that they still haven't fixed the camera and animations. These bugged animations and fov look soooo bad, it feels like I'm playing a ptb version of Billy where he's unfinished. He feels like trash now and they're far too stubborn to admit their latest Billy changes weren't good, and he almost definitely won't be changed again.

    Because the animations and camera were done on purpose, so to them there is nothing to fix. Just like the sound "bug" we had for ages that suddenly because a design decision.