Does Anyone Expect Insidious In A Chase?
I played survivor on my mates PS4 cause my PCs stuck in my house (The framerates made me sad), I got a Freddy who completely outplayed me with insidious of all things. I tried out PH next (I hate double stick so damn much) and equipped insidious and the mind game made itself, nobody had any clue how the hell I disappeared mid chase. I also had someone walk right into me, I thought it was only good for camping Solo Qs. I think I might try insidious more.
Comments
I used Insidious for mind games. They don't expect it cause everyone thinks it is just a camping perk. It has allowed me to even mind game the killer shack many times. That Blendette that keeps tapping your gen then vanishing? She's in for a surprise. Waiting at the exit gate...jump scare time.
And I used it on Legion of all things.
Nobody expects Insidious, period.
No, but I've also never seen anyone get actual value from it against me since... Well, since I realised it was a perk that existed. Maybe it's because I've not seen a good killer use it.
If it didn't take so long to activate it actually be a viable chase perk.
Relies on a number of variables so it's more of a screw around perk rather than a serious ambush build.
But situations I've seen it come in handy have been baiting out the phantom of the gens. Y'know, gens that have clearly been worked on but with no one around? They'll return when they feel "safe".
Camping hooks. Scummy but you can bait a rescuer into an earlier chase. Or put the hooked person back on if you have a small pp.
And ambushing exit gates. Clunky metal noise is your cue to attack. Usually a last ditch effort though unless you have "plans".
Yes, since I skip loops and merge loops. I dont just stay at the same JG
Wouldn't Beast of Prey be more useful in an actual chase? Or Tinkerer, if you can time it right?
I’d never expect Insidious during a chase. If the killer was to suddenly lose their terror radius I’d assume it was Tinkerer. The only time I’m wary of Insidious is when somebody is in the basement against Leatherface.
It’s a shame that we tend to get stuck using the same perks over and over as there’s some really fun things to play around with. Me and my team got destroyed by a Trapper using Dark Devotion and it was the most bizarre game. I just never expected to face a Trapper using that. And judging by the onslaught, neither did the rest of my team lol. I had to message him afterwards as he really impressed me.
insidious is just a bad perk and badly designed. It's not viable at red ranks in chase, since it takes ages to proc, you can use it only on certain loops and decent survivors can easily tell when the killer actually leaves the loop or has suppressed his terror radius (like GF, pig or tinkerer/insidious)