Is Dead Hard Being FIxed?
I like running Dead Hard sometimes but it just doesn't activate and I still get exhausted and downed. Have the devs said anything on a fix? I think its cause of dedicated servers but I'm not sure.
I like running Dead Hard sometimes but it just doesn't activate and I still get exhausted and downed. Have the devs said anything on a fix? I think its cause of dedicated servers but I'm not sure.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
never
Really? The devs said they weren't doing anything about? That kinda stinks.
They haven't said anything about it one way or the other.
Well it's caused by latency. When you press the button the signal needs to reach the server before it actually activates. If you get hit before that, it does nothing. I believe the exhaustion showing up is a purely visual bug that results from your side of the game THINKING you used dead hard when in reality you were hit before that.
It's not that they aren't doing anything. It's just that the devs are assuming the perk not working is because of server latency. So instead of actually looking into the perk to see how they can fix it, they're just assuming the perk will somehow fix itself as they improve the server and reduce server latency.
Oh, thank you. I really wish they would at least comment on these kinds of situations, a simple "Its happening" or "Its not happening" would suffice.
Yeah, they are changing it to an 800% speed boost
I don't think they're assuming. It's pretty clear that it's caused by latency. The best they can do is make your client check if the dead hard successfully activated before showing you the exhaustion effect.
I thought this was a thread from 1 year ago... (I'm joking, but yes, this has been asked for during months now...)
Best not to use DH to bait a swing because of latency. Try to use it to get that little bit of distance to reach a pallet or vault.
I guess I'll have to find a new perk then lol. I run DH because I like its mind gaming potential, I don't care much for the distance aspect.
I've used it to secure an exit. Quite a few times I was working on a gate, the killer showed up, I opened it and managed to DH through them to get out.
Then there are times when I BT save someone off a hook and DH through the killer's 2nd swing.
they can't fix it because they don't have technical skill. they blame ping but we all know hundreds of online games that have no latency issues. dbd is the only online game I have ever played that latency is a HUGE problem. the entire game is a latency problem, window hits, pallet hits, dead hard, grabs, everything.
Right after grabs and optimization ;)
I'll take that, the framerate on consoles is disgusting and gen grabbing is basically just playing russian roulette. I hope they'll eventually get to it.
Do bones.
You know that's not gonna happen anytime soon :)))))))