Perks that are perfectly fine.
We have a lot of threads asking for changes but what unpopular perks are just fine?
Ex: Unrelenting: Miss a hit often? It's all good. Just try again.
Deja Vu: This is your best friend on those confusing indoor levels.
We have a lot of threads asking for changes but what unpopular perks are just fine?
Ex: Unrelenting: Miss a hit often? It's all good. Just try again.
Deja Vu: This is your best friend on those confusing indoor levels.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Monitor and abuse: Use a quarter of your perk slots to get rid of a quarter to a third of your terror radius depending on the killer.
Iron Will is fine.
Deliverance is an example of how the other second chance perks should be, so it's well designed.
Pop is well designed.
Inner Strength is well designed.
Nurses Calling is fine.
M&A is solid.
There's probably a few others as well. That's just some that stuck out at me.
I'd say only maybe 10% of the perks for each side are actually perfectly fine where they're at.
I'd agree as most perks on both sides are near useless.
NOED is fine.
Just take out Totems
For the People is my favorite and I think it's fine.
We'll Make It, Borrowed Time, BBQ, PGTW, Saboteur, Inner Strength, Monitor, Whispers. All solid
I just wish it counted towards heal survivor daily rituals, would mean I'd use it more often in builds
Detective's Hunch. Pre-buff it was decent, post-buff it's amazing for finding totems.
Calm Spirit is ok. IIRC it used to be meta years ago when Spies From The Shadows was also meta. No screaming shuts down Doctor. While it's "Fine" I think it is not worth the perk slot just for the off-chance the killer is Doc or has Spies. I also just remembered it counters Infectious Fright. Maybe it should also stop killer instinct?
Better Together. Love the perk. Great gen-jockey perk when combo'd with prove thyself so other survivors see your generator. The built in "See all survivors when someone is downed when you're on a gen" actually counters Knock-Out, and it acts similar to a mini-kindred.
Devour Hope. Perfect example of what Hex's should be. High risk, high reward. (3 unhooks and you can instadown. 2 more unhooks and you can now mori.) Other hex perks should be as strong as Devour Hope IMHO. Only one that comes close in my opinion is NOED.
Overwhelming Presence. While it's the least popular perk in the game IIRC it has a decent use in rapidly depleting flashlight batteries. I'd prefer Lightborn or Franklin's though. I still think it needs a rework/buff since there's better alternatives and it doesn't stop survivors from blinding you, just makes it so they can't do it as many times.
I would argue haunted grounds is also in a good state for hex perks along with devour.
I personally think HG is quite weak. It's a perk slot for 1 60 second Exposed on everyone that usually gets popped early when all the pallets are still up and the survivors dictate when and even if it activates at all.
The odds of that procing when you are chasing someone and they don't have any pallets and they aren't already injured seems pretty bad.
Even if we assume it does proc and proc at the right time, on the right person, that's generally gonna be 1, 1 hit down for a perk slot. That's terrible value 90% of the time.
Imo it needs to keep both totems instead of removing the other once you proc one of them.
I mean I dont use it often but when I do it tends to work well and I usually have a survivor that I'm either chasing or that I can easily start a chase with
Much as I hate it, Head On is fine as it is based on it's utility. What they DO need to fix however is the delayed (possibly latency) based issue where you still get stunned even after the animation is finished.
when someone uses better together I just avoid that gen because of that one pyramid head perk that makes his terror radius none and turns the gen yellow.
My last matches today I was using mad grit.
With the huge amount of cocky and disrespectful gen rushers I was facing today, it was kinda worth.
I actually won a game by downing all of them because they didn't notice I had mad grit while carrying the survivor.
I've been utterly rekt by a Mad Grit trapper carrying someone into the basement I was rescuing out of. Literally could not dead hard past the man who was running agitation and he ended up with a 4 kill just from that... scummy basement trapper but mad grit gave me enough of a laugh to stick around and commend him