Should DBD have children killers?

There is no children killers, and I think it would be cool have one. Should children killers be added?

Comments

  • @JimPickens666 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597789#Comment_1597789

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597808#Comment_1597808

    Oh really because the last time videos got "in trouble" it was Trump blaming them for mass shootings (Fun fact DBD was one of the games he targeted as proof. Way before deathslinger) and despite Trump having a cult like following the outrage only lasted about a month. If Trump can not keep outrage going at something I think its safe to say we won the war.

    So ignoring the "Im 14 and I am edgy and no one understands!" aspect of your reasoning, the reality of conservatives targeting video games is dead, Similar to something else conservatives constantly attacked until about the 90s, horror movies. A few decades ago it was the most evil thing since rock and roll and now no one cares. Thanks to facebook the type of people who get "offended" at stuff like that are now focusing all that energy on conspiracy theories and have been since Obama took office. If you actually watched Horror movies you'd know that even killing kids isnt taboo anymore (Looking at Myers) and there are plenty of shows, movies, and even other video games with killer children.

    In conclusion Freddy is a pedophile and one of his add ons is a box of photographic he took, you could guess of what. Maybe that slipped under the radar because no one remembers that movie but I think its more likely that at this point you don't even have to be in good taste unless you are really really crossing that line no one cares

    I was saying that yes it true people get offended easier now a day but it not going to stop thing it may still happen thing is killer kids got the same problem as chucky they short now fix that,I mean with chucky they say he could use his voodoo powers but other then a voodoo doll use in the first movie and his ability teleport his soul into other bodies don't help with hooks.

    I still say survivors are the children of the corn.

  • how Corpse Party a Nintendo IP? it on steam and sony consoles....

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597898#Comment_1597898

    Freddy was NOT a paedophile, the original film he was a child murderer, they changed him from a child molester to a child killer, and no where in the movie was it brought up he was a child molester. The reason being was because producers wanted to avoid comparisons to a story in California about a series of child molestations at the time of filming. Now the new one, fair enough but not sure what the rant was about, if BHVR put children in their game I just very much could see people not been happy, remember this is the snowflake generation and more to the question of WHY would you want to see children in this game? o.O

    Why did you write this. Most of this post is dedicated to telling the history of a Freddy I obviously wasn't talking about because i mention a specific plot point in the remake. My whole point of bringing him up was just to talk about his black box add on. Makes it seems like you haven't seen either of the movies which just further confuses me on why you would bother trying to write a lecture on a character you know nothing about outside of a piece of trivia lol.

    Also talking about the whole "snowflake generation" really did a number on me talking about how nowadays there are really thin boundaries, there are killer children in many properties and even further movies about children killers (since you're not a horror fan I'll just tell you in the Halloween remake Myers kills kid and not even the most pearl clutching of karens gave a #########) something that would have crossed the line in any other generation. You your self actually points out how Freddy was basically censored because people would have been offended and the Freddy isnt. It also highlights how edgy doesn't always = better, being edgy for the sake of being edgy is normally a sure way of being what many would call cringe, as in the case of New Freddy. Don't know why im bringing that up, weird

    @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1597898#Comment_1597898

    I was saying that yes it true people get offended easier now a day but it not going to stop thing it may still happen thing is killer kids got the same problem as chucky they short now fix that,I mean with chucky they say he could use his voodoo powers but other then a voodoo doll use in the first movie and his ability teleport his soul into other bodies don't help with hooks.

    I still say survivors are the children of the corn.

    Show me movies or video games that have been censored this decade out of requirement or because they were afraid of offending audiences. I doubt you could find any in america but even if you could why don't you go ahead and compare it to any other generation.

  • As long as they aren't survivors I'm fine

  • Children of the corn, Firestarter, Samara, Carrie, the kid from Sinister, and Chucky would make great additions to the game.

  • Seems @JimPickens666 just wishes to imply stuff, make him or herself a legend and doesn't know me, do not presumre you do and no one cares for most of the nonsesne you said :) i am 32 my horror generation trumps a lot

  • How about brightburn?

  • @JimPickens666 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1598695#Comment_1598695

    Why did you write this. Most of this post is dedicated to telling the history of a Freddy I obviously wasn't talking about because i mention a specific plot point in the remake. My whole point of bringing him up was just to talk about his black box add on. Makes it seems like you haven't seen either of the movies which just further confuses me on why you would bother trying to write a lecture on a character you know nothing about outside of a piece of trivia lol.

    Also talking about the whole "snowflake generation" really did a number on me talking about how nowadays there are really thin boundaries, there are killer children in many properties and even further movies about children killers (since you're not a horror fan I'll just tell you in the Halloween remake Myers kills kid and not even the most pearl clutching of karens gave a #########) something that would have crossed the line in any other generation. You your self actually points out how Freddy was basically censored because people would have been offended and the Freddy isnt. It also highlights how edgy doesn't always = better, being edgy for the sake of being edgy is normally a sure way of being what many would call cringe, as in the case of New Freddy. Don't know why im bringing that up, weird

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1599079#Comment_1599079

    Show me movies or video games that have been censored this decade out of requirement or because they were afraid of offending audiences. I doubt you could find any in america but even if you could why don't you go ahead and compare it to any other generation.

    I dropped the whole offended thing I didn't even bring it up I was agree with @Mushwin this generation has got a lot more snow flakey but you know why I could care less what offended people now a day because everything offended people.

    your horror fan so I'm am but bring up Halloween remake that was crappiest remake I every seen rob zombie really messed that up but I also never liked any of his horror movies with tho 3 characters in it.

    no remake have been as good as the original.

  • That's a can of worms that doesn't need opened. A bunch of kids in a game with Freddy, the man who wasn't just killing them even in the original script? Yeah, there's bad taste, and then there's that.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1599686#Comment_1599686

    I dropped the whole offended thing I didn't even bring it up I was agree with @Mushwin this generation has got a lot more snow flakey but you know why I could care less what offended people now a day because everything offended people.

    your horror fan so I'm am but bring up Halloween remake that was crappiest remake I every seen rob zombie really messed that up but I also never liked any of his horror movies with tho 3 characters in it.

    no remake have been as good as the original.

    .....Do you not know about Halloween 2018? Also IT was better than its orginal counterpart, so was the Thing off the top of my head

    @Mushwin said:

    Seems @JimPickens666 just wishes to imply stuff, make him or herself a legend and doesn't know me, do not presumre you do and no one cares for most of the nonsesne you said :) i am 32 my horror generation trumps a lot

    And you're middle aged, a perfect age actually because it was the last time where rock and roll, horror movies, and videos were still being called "of the devil" and censored seriously. What you people mean by "snow flakey" is that you can't just say slurs and it count as jokes. The proof that any form of censor would never come to pass again was in that moment that Trump attacked Video games like people have been doing for decades before and did not get a strong reaction. The last time there was really a push to censor anything it was under Bush and a lot of it had to do with 9/11. Even at that point people had already started not to care, by 2008 the culture war had been lost and the statue of happiness stood proudly over liberty city (look it up, something tells me elders will get a kick out of it). But once you go back into the 90s you'll see movies and video games censored frequently for the sake of not offending people.


    You keep saying "Oh well this generation is still full of snowflakes!" but by history and facts we see that by your definition it was YOUR generation that was the snowflakes, and every generation before was only more flakey with more censorship over people being offended. This all matters because in reality the only man that could lead an attack on video games has already failed (Attacking Dead By Daylight specifically btw) at gathering support and probably has a few other things on his plate right now. Even if he didn't the I seriously doubt "killer kids" would be the thing to set him off since im pretty sure Silent Hill, Bioshock, fable and Dontae's inferno didn't even catch attention for that AND you actually kill the kids in some of those, spoilers.

  • @JimPickens666 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1599949#Comment_1599949

    .....Do you not know about Halloween 2018? Also IT was better than its orginal counterpart, so was the Thing off the top of my head

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1599887#Comment_1599887

    And you're middle aged, a perfect age actually because it was the last time where rock and roll, horror movies, and videos were still being called "of the devil" and censored seriously. What you people mean by "snow flakey" is that you can't just say slurs and it count as jokes. The proof that any form of censor would never come to pass again was in that moment that Trump attacked Video games like people have been doing for decades before and did not get a strong reaction. The last time there was really a push to censor anything it was under Bush and a lot of it had to do with 9/11. Even at that point people had already started not to care, by 2008 the culture war had been lost and the statue of happiness stood proudly over liberty city (look it up, something tells me elders will get a kick out of it). But once you go back into the 90s you'll see movies and video games censored frequently for the sake of not offending people.

    You keep saying "Oh well this generation is still full of snowflakes!" but by history and facts we see that by your definition it was YOUR generation that was the snowflakes, and every generation before was only more flakey with more censorship over people being offended. This all matters because in reality the only man that could lead an attack on video games has already failed (Attacking Dead By Daylight specifically btw) at gathering support and probably has a few other things on his plate right now. Even if he didn't the I seriously doubt "killer kids" would be the thing to set him off since im pretty sure Silent Hill, Bioshock, fable and Dontae's inferno didn't even catch attention for that AND you actually kill the kids in some of those, spoilers.

    Sorry but I am British I don't care for trump etc, I don't think children killers should be in the game.

  • @JimPickens666 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1599949#Comment_1599949

    .....Do you not know about Halloween 2018? Also IT was better than its orginal counterpart, so was the Thing off the top of my head

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1599887#Comment_1599887

    And you're middle aged, a perfect age actually because it was the last time where rock and roll, horror movies, and videos were still being called "of the devil" and censored seriously. What you people mean by "snow flakey" is that you can't just say slurs and it count as jokes. The proof that any form of censor would never come to pass again was in that moment that Trump attacked Video games like people have been doing for decades before and did not get a strong reaction. The last time there was really a push to censor anything it was under Bush and a lot of it had to do with 9/11. Even at that point people had already started not to care, by 2008 the culture war had been lost and the statue of happiness stood proudly over liberty city (look it up, something tells me elders will get a kick out of it). But once you go back into the 90s you'll see movies and video games censored frequently for the sake of not offending people.

    You keep saying "Oh well this generation is still full of snowflakes!" but by history and facts we see that by your definition it was YOUR generation that was the snowflakes, and every generation before was only more flakey with more censorship over people being offended. This all matters because in reality the only man that could lead an attack on video games has already failed (Attacking Dead By Daylight specifically btw) at gathering support and probably has a few other things on his plate right now. Even if he didn't the I seriously doubt "killer kids" would be the thing to set him off since im pretty sure Silent Hill, Bioshock, fable and Dontae's inferno didn't even catch attention for that AND you actually kill the kids in some of those, spoilers.

    yes I own the Halloween 2018 it not a remake it sequel to the 1979 movie they made it like all other sequel never happened yes I get it he does kill one kid in the movie I thought you talking about rob zombie movies which I hated.

    sorry saying no remake were as good I was wrong the child play reboot was good and no matter what other say I like the latest carrie remake tho orginal still a classic.

    I didn't see the new it or the thing tho.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1599686#Comment_1599686

    I dropped the whole offended thing I didn't even bring it up I was agree with @Mushwin this generation has got a lot more snow flakey but you know why I could care less what offended people now a day because everything offended people.

    your horror fan so I'm am but bring up Halloween remake that was crappiest remake I every seen rob zombie really messed that up but I also never liked any of his horror movies with tho 3 characters in it.

    no remake have been as good as the original.

    I would disagree about no remake being as good as the original, I would say John Carpenter's The Thing is much better than the 1951 original.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1599949#Comment_1599949

    I would disagree about no remake being as good as the original, I would say John Carpenter's The Thing is much better than the 1951 original.

    you didn't see my last post did you?

  • I hadn't at the time but it seems like you were on about the 2011 semi sequel, semi remake. More than 1982 remake.

  • Personally I am opposed to this, as I don't think it would be cool and fitting, to be honest, much like children Survivors, obviously. Besides, it would just be annoying to not be able to see the Killer because of their size.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600938#Comment_1600938

    I hadn't at the time but it seems like you were on about the 2011 semi sequel, semi remake. More than 1982 remake.

    I never saw John Carpenter's The Thing but if John Carpenter did it must be good. mostly talking about the rob zombie halloween movie I hated them I mean I didn't like rob zombie original movies.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1596949#Comment_1596949

    Chucky isn't a child, its a grown ass mans soul thrown into a childrens toy.

    I think the only horror villain they would have an issue with adding would be some children of the corn BS, and "Let the Right one In" <---Both of which are franchises nobody cares about tbh...

    The only viable Kid'ish character I can think of is Trick R Treats pumpkin alien monster thing called Sam....which isn't even a kid....hell its not even human. Its a demon that was born in a pumpkin patch and runs around on halloween posing as a kid to kill people....

    And not even joking....a Sam from Trick R Treat chapter would be pretty stylish!

    Talking about Halloween and pumpkin patches and kids reminds me of that totally out of place 3rd Halloween movie (season of the witch) - it has no Myers and little connection to Halloween except the name lol if you haven't seen it you should just for the ######### and giggle factor lol

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600941#Comment_1600941

    I never saw John Carpenter's The Thing but if John Carpenter did it must be good. mostly talking about the rob zombie halloween movie I hated them I mean I didn't like rob zombie original movies.

    I like rob zombies original films myself however I do agree he really didnt fit Halloween stylistically at all.

  • I really don’t see a problem with children killers, like they are a thing in the horror genre and we have seen them all across different forms of media without any controversy, so don’t see why it should be a big deal here. I think the devs stated in a stream (don’t remember the exact quote) that there is the door open to children killers, but no kids survivors, (and all survivors are older than 21 years old), which I find more understandable.

    The real issue is animation for like taking survivors to the hook, getting hit by pallets and stuff, but that could be solved with some supernatural powers like telekinesis, them transforming or something like that.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600949#Comment_1600949

    I like rob zombies original films myself however I do agree he really didnt fit Halloween stylistically at all.

    what I didn't like about his rob zombies original films are there like rip off of chainsaw massacre which really didn't care for the chainsaw massacre film to much but they better then rob zombies original films also LF is iconic no matter what.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    That's a can of worms that doesn't need opened. A bunch of kids in a game with Freddy, the man who wasn't just killing them even in the original script? Yeah, there's bad taste, and then there's that.

    Well this is a terrible hot take. Damn.

  • @Khorzad said:

    I really don’t see a problem with children killers, like they are a thing in the horror genre and we have seen them all across different forms of media without any controversy, so don’t see why it should be a big deal here. I think the devs stated in a stream (don’t remember the exact quote) that there is the door open to children killers, but no kids survivors, (and all survivors are older than 21 years old), which I find more understandable.

    The real issue is animation for like taking survivors to the hook, getting hit by pallets and stuff, but that could be solved with some supernatural powers like telekinesis, them transforming or something like that.

    I think the main issue is source material. Sure there are "childlike" iconic killers.....namely only really 1, that stick out enough to even be recognizable to a franchise. They could come up with their own midgets or dwarfs or whatever, but I don't think it would have the same punch as some of these licenses because to be quite frank.....the only reason people are scared of my buddy dolls is because they resemble Chucky which without said movie for context is not a horror character at all, and turns into some paragraph about a voodoo doll....

    Then you have children of the corn, who are Iconic movie wise and the only one that sticks out for most people, but.....theres dozens of those kids outside of the 1 who's the main antagonist and more in line with the devil.....but what the hell would his normal ass even do? He's literally just a normal ass kid. (since the movie is technically a psy thriller).

    Then you have the Exorcist and The Omen.......The Omen "MIGHT" work.....and thats extra emphasis on "MIGHT" work, but lore wise it would require the entity to be more powerful than the devil since both characters are directly tied to the king of demons.....and I'm not 100% sure the power levels match up tbh. And as far as the Exorcist goes.....what would be her signature attacks? Vomit?... we already have plague, on top of this the possessed person in the exorcist movies would be too powerful for a trial.

    So yeah I dunno Trick R Treat isn't even a kid or human, Pet Cemetery kid runs around with a scalpel.....wow.....spooky....Firestarter has really cool powers, but her resolution in the movies is to be a good guy, Wicked Little Things might work but what makes those zombie kids powerful is the fact that theres more than 1 of them. They'd have to really reach to pull some of these characters up to the level to compete in DBD.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1600968#Comment_1600968

    I think the main issue is source material. Sure there are "childlike" iconic killers.....namely only really 1, that stick out enough to even be recognizable to a franchise. They could come up with their own midgets or dwarfs or whatever, but I don't think it would have the same punch as some of these licenses because to be quite frank.....the only reason people are scared of my buddy dolls is because they resemble Chucky which without said movie for context is not a horror character at all, and turns into some paragraph about a voodoo doll....

    Then you have children of the corn, who are Iconic movie wise and the only one that sticks out for most people, but.....theres dozens of those kids outside of the 1 who's the main antagonist and more in line with the devil.....but what the hell would his normal ass even do? He's literally just a normal ass kid. (since the movie is technically a psy thriller).

    Then you have the Exorcist and The Omen.......The Omen "MIGHT" work.....and thats extra emphasis on "MIGHT" work, but lore wise it would require the entity to be more powerful than the devil since both characters are directly tied to the king of demons.....and I'm not 100% sure the power levels match up tbh. And as far as the Exorcist goes.....what would be her signature attacks? Vomit?... we already have plague, on top of this the possessed person in the exorcist movies would be too powerful for a trial.

    So yeah I dunno Trick R Treat isn't even a kid or human, Pet Cemetery kid runs around with a scalpel.....wow.....spooky....Firestarter has really cool powers, but her resolution in the movies is to be a good guy, Wicked Little Things might work but what makes those zombie kids powerful is the fact that theres more than 1 of them. They'd have to really reach to pull some of these characters up to the level to compete in DBD.

    To be fair, besides Chucky, I was thinking more on a OC child killer, because with that, they have the freedom to give them any power. I remember reading a fan concept of a child killer in reddit that was interesting and I think Identity V has a child killer hunter as well.

1 2 ›