Harvester block for Killer

Why was the harvester tile on Coldwind maps updated with a blocker for killers? Why make this strong tile completely 1 sided? It'd be like adding an extra obstacle to T/L walls that only affect killer. If I know I can't get the hit on the survivor before they reach the window, I just go "well guess i lose this chase, moving on". That's not good design and I'd like to know the explanation for the update.

Comments

  • It wasn't? I just did the harvester tech like 15 mins ago playing as wraith and got the down

  • It's way more difficult to pull off now (without lunging).

  • @The_Krapper said:

    It wasn't? I just did the harvester tech like 15 mins ago playing as wraith and got the down

    it's not a "tech" it's an exploit at this point.. it's as much a "tech" as a survivor dead hard'ing across the roof on Mother's Dwelling

    and yes it was updated, there is a blocker, i don't know what else to call it.. the metal lip at the top of the ramp on the right

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591246#Comment_1591246

    it's not a "tech" it's an exploit at this point.. it's as much a "tech" as a survivor dead hard'ing across the roof on Mother's Dwelling

    Ok so lemme get this straight, you come here complaining that the harvester is broken I tell you it's not and you start calling it an exploit even though you were trying to do it?

  • @HuntressGurl103 said:

    It isn't 1 sided, it is fair now, they blocked it for survivors too, the harvester used to be a death trap for survivors, and IMO techs shouldn't exist, they're an excuse from the lazy devs to not fix "them"

    I'm conflicted on this but ultimately if the techs go I'd like them replaced with actual features and mechanics that add to the skill ceiling the game has. Outright removing them lowers the skill ceiling and not only makes games less skill based but also more boring. You remove these techs you essentially turn the game into peak gameplay = bloodlusting a survivor to death.

  • You can still use it, but you need to lunge. Most killers can make it with just a tiny lunge at the end.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591258#Comment_1591258

    Ok so lemme get this straight, you come here complaining that the harvester is broken I tell you it's not and you start calling it an exploit even though you were trying to do it?

    except i don't try to do it because if i mess it up then i'm even further behind in the chase, i already explained this

    so you had a survivor sit behind the ledge and waited for you to exploit instead of him jumping off the side.. congrats?

    still waiting to hear the reason it was updated

  • @HuntressGurl103 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591292#Comment_1591292

    yea i agree, but some techs dont take skill, remember the hook tech? u only had to crouch back on the hook

    Yeah stuff like that can go but that's blatantly an exploit. What I consider techs is stuff that takes a bit of skill and practice. Not tapping a button to do it for example. Good example though.

  • Can someone send me a screenshot?

  • You can still do it? I literally just did it in my last match. You have to lunge now.

    @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591246#Comment_1591246

    it's not a "tech" it's an exploit at this point.. it's as much a "tech" as a survivor dead hard'ing across the roof on Mother's Dwelling

    How is it an exploit? If it was an exploit devs would have removed it by now and devs have said multiple times they won't remove the harvester tech.

  • @Spooky13 said:

    You can still do it? I literally just did it in my last match. You have to lunge now.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591258#Comment_1591258

    How is it an exploit? If it was an exploit devs would have removed it by now and devs have said multiple times they won't remove the harvester tech.

    they purposefully added the blocker to prevent the killer from going around to the ledge, so how is bypassing that intentional update not an exploit?

    if they didn't want to remove the harvester "tech" then why was it was updated in this manner?

    why should i have to finagle my way around this tile? name another that requires this type of maneuvering to be "fair" to both sides.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    Can someone send me a screenshot?

    image.png


  • @Spooky13 said:

    You can still do it? I literally just did it in my last match. You have to lunge now.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591258#Comment_1591258

    How is it an exploit? If it was an exploit devs would have removed it by now and devs have said multiple times they won't remove the harvester tech.

    They removed it by making it literally useless to do.

    You lunge, they vault.

    lose lose situation.

  • @HuntressGurl103 said:

    It isn't 1 sided, it is fair now, they blocked it for survivors too, the harvester used to be a death trap for survivors, and IMO techs shouldn't exist, they're an excuse from the lazy devs to not fix "them"

    what do you mean it's blocked for survivors too? survivors would never use the hay bales in their routing

    below is essentially the routes the devs desired by adding the blocker.. green = survivor, orange = killer, red = blocker

    not sure how it's not 1 sided


    image.png


  • I was able to just walk over the gap when I played Killer last night, no lunge needed. Maybe you got an unfortunate spawn.

  • I thought they removed it but it turns out it's still there, just harder to do. I didn't realize until a Pig did it to me (keep forgetting to test it out myself though lol).

  • This was something I found to be inconsistently possible depending on which killer you're playing.

    Killers who are relatively small/thin and may also have movement speed boosts can usually walk to the side-bales pretty easily (possibly without even needing to lunge). Examples: Wraith, Legion, and Pig.

    Killers who are somewhat larger (or walk slower than 115% speed) can usually "jump" to the side-bales by lunging. Examples: Trapper, Huntress, Myers, etc.

    The "Absolute Unit" killers may not be able to reliably land on the side-bales at all. I'm sure someone will have been able to pull this trick off with them, but I haven't been able to get this tech to work consistently with Oni, Pyramid Head, or Clown (and it has NEVER worked with Clown, I can't seem to heave his bulk over there).

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591246#Comment_1591246

    it's not a "tech" it's an exploit at this point.. it's as much a "tech" as a survivor dead hard'ing across the roof on Mother's Dwelling

    No, it's not an exploit, it's a tech. Pretty obvious, too -- if they wanted to completely block it, they just would have.


    The point was to force the killer to have to lunge around it to give the survivor time to react. When the killer was able to just walk onto it, they were guaranteed a hit around it. The point was never to fully prevent the killer from doing it, though.


    I know it's hard to believe coming from this team, but they actually balanced it.

  • @Ghoste said:

    I was able to just walk over the gap when I played Killer last night, no lunge needed. Maybe you got an unfortunate spawn.

    @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591347#Comment_1591347

    They removed it by making it literally useless to do.

    You lunge, they vault.

    lose lose situation.

    You lunge, they vault. You walk up to the vault and vault over, they vault over the other side and are staggered by the fall or run down the ramp. Either way, you're gaining a lot of distance and you will get a hit unless there is another loop right next to it.

    And most of the time, they won't notice, and you'll get the hit anyhow.

    The only way for the survivor to guarantee their safety is to be running BL.

  • @TreSen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591582#Comment_1591582

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591514#Comment_1591514

    You lunge, they vault. You walk up to the vault and vault over, they vault over the other side and are staggered by the fall or run down the ramp. Either way, you're gaining a lot of distance and you will get a hit unless there is another loop right next to it.

    And most of the time, they won't notice, and you'll get the hit anyhow.

    The only way for the survivor to guarantee their safety is to be running BL.

    This^.

    It's not one sided at all. It went from being op for survivors, to being op for killers, to now where it's in a good spot.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591347#Comment_1591347

    They removed it by making it literally useless to do.

    You lunge, they vault.

    lose lose situation.

    You lunge, they vault, you go back and they vault again, now it's blocked by the Entity and they have to jump off or take the hit, and usually the stagger from the fall is more than enough time to get a hit unless they have Balanced Landing.

  • @TreSen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591258#Comment_1591258

    No, it's not an exploit, it's a tech. Pretty obvious, too -- if they wanted to completely block it, they just would have.

    The point was to force the killer to have to lunge around it to give the survivor time to react. When the killer was able to just walk onto it, they were guaranteed a hit around it. The point was never to fully prevent the killer from doing it, though.

    I know it's hard to believe coming from this team, but they actually balanced it.

    please name another tile where the killer has to use a "tech" for it to be "balanced".

    what kind of sense does that even make? you're telling me the devs intentionally made a tile like that and you're ok with it? lol

    no, they blocked it to make it safe and people exploit physics, same as a dead hard on Mother's Dwelling roof