Delete hook stand-off please

By hook stand-off I mean killer waiting for survivor to unhook and then grab him off.

It's not fun nor interesting.

(I know it probably won't be fixed/deleted, but still.)

Comments

  • Just work gens. Sometimes you just have to accept losing one of your own.

  • Hook standoffs only happen if you try to go for an obviously unsafe unhook. Stop feeding into it.

  • The hooked survivor will die or be saved eventually, hook stand-off solved.

    How can you solve a situation like that without completely screwing the other side? Pretty sure noone wants to see the hooked survivor being transported to a different hook by the entity like it does with Pyramid Head

  • @Lycidas said:

    The hooked survivor will die or be saved eventually, hook stand-off solved.

    How can you solve a situation like that without completely screwing the other side? Pretty sure noone wants to see the hooked survivor being transported to a different hook by the entity like it does with Pyramid Head

    People have literally been suggesting this since the cage rework....

    It's a terrible suggestion, I agree.

  • It's a crappy situation to be in when a killer decides to face camp. There's no counterplay to a good ol face camp, if the killer plays it completely correctly. Unhooker has to have BT+force the killer to make a mistake while attempting to grab. Sometimes you can get something done if you have the rest of the squad over there, but more likely than not, it's a win/win for the face camper.

  • You can pull it off with some coordination with other survivors.

    Or if you have DS active you can bait the killer into grabbing you while the other gets the save.

  • soooooo camping and you want saves to be safer?

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    soooooo camping and you want saves to be safer?

    No. I just don't like to waste time.

  • Ok then, hook stand off removed; you can now no longer unhook when the killer is within 2 meters.

  • You have a team. Utilize it.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588409#Comment_1588409

    People have literally been suggesting this since the cage rework....

    It's a terrible suggestion, I agree.

    yeah but..with cages it has at least a little bit of sense since you cannot unhook from the side and the killer can just stand there..

    Imagine the face of a basement camper when the survivor is teleported away tho ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Or even better, the face of a survivor that gets teleported away from a regular hook to a basement hook ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @FFabeq said:

    By hook stand-off I mean killer waiting for survivor to unhook and then grab him off.

    It's not fun nor interesting.

    (I know it probably won't be fixed/deleted, but still.)

    You're not always going to be able to save someone. It's part of the design. Punish the killer by leaving them at the hook. They'll lose ranking points and give you an easier time with gens.

  • @CalamityJane said:

    Ok then, hook stand off removed; you can now no longer unhook when the killer is within 2 meters.

    So facecamping will become meta, and then dbd will die.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588409#Comment_1588409

    People have literally been suggesting this since the cage rework....

    It's a terrible suggestion, I agree.

    it is I hope it never happens.