Hey guys, here's a tip to playing PH...

Take it from one PH main to another, okay?

You don't need to relentlessly ######### tunnel the first survivor you see.

You can easily win the game without having to do this, okay?

There's no need to facecamp at 5 gens, then cage immidiately after hitting through BT and ignoring other survivors, only to go to the other side of Ormond to tunnel again when they're rescued.

If you do that, you're a #########. I'd rather face a stridor ######### spirit because at least they don't feel the need to do this bullshit.

If I can get a 40+ winstreak without add-ons as him by playing normally vs rank 1s, you can too.

Thanks.

(btw if anyone wants actual tips then im working on a script for an actual guide)

Comments

  • on a side note devs please sort out solo-q it's literally ######### torture, okay thanks

  • If bad players want to be bad, let em. Can't win that way unless the team is a bunch of potatoes.

  • You can't stop people from playing the way they want.

  • some people just feel the need to play like an ace hole.

    and then they wonder why everyone else is doing gens and they cant get more than two kills...

  • I get the whole "tunneling and camping is a legit strat" thing. And there are some situations where its justified. But I can't imagine a killer is having actual fun just standing by a hook looking around and saying "any minute now" for two minutes while I zoom through gens. Than instadowning because claudette went for a no bt save at the last second and doing it again. It's weird.

  • you down good survivors in 10-20 seconds with ph?

  • @Desh said:

    If bad players want to be bad, let em. Can't win that way unless the team is a bunch of potatoes.

    If only I wasn't playing solo then the team might stand a chance. Unfortunately, solo and the game thinks I, a rank 1, should be playing with rank 13s vs a rank 1.

    @Freesham said:

    You can't stop people from playing the way they want.

    And yet these are the killers who will ######### about being genrushed.

    @Mister_xD said:

    some people just feel the need to play like an ace hole.

    and then they wonder why everyone else is doing gens and they cant get more than two kills...

    Exactly. It applies no pressure and just makes the game unfun for everyone involved.

    @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I get the whole "tunneling and camping is a legit strat" thing. And there are some situations where its justified. But I can't imagine a killer is having actual fun just standing by a hook looking around and saying "any minute now" for two minutes while I zoom through gens. Than instadowning because claudette went for a no bt save at the last second and doing it again. It's weird.

    Oh in circumstances it's definitely justified and legitimate. At 5 gens, with BBQ so you can see everyone is far away on gens, why would you facecamp and then hardcore tunnel to cage to 3rd hook?

    @Zozzy said:

    you down good survivors in 10-20 seconds with ph?

    Yes, actually.

  • You can't control other players, accept it.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583769#Comment_1583769

    If only I wasn't playing solo then the team might stand a chance. Unfortunately, solo and the game thinks I, a rank 1, should be playing with rank 13s vs a rank 1.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583771#Comment_1583771

    And yet these are the killers who will ######### about being genrushed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583774#Comment_1583774

    Exactly. It applies no pressure and just makes the game unfun for everyone involved.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583779#Comment_1583779

    Oh in circumstances it's definitely justified and legitimate. At 5 gens, with BBQ so you can see everyone is far away on gens, why would you facecamp and then hardcore tunnel to cage to 3rd hook?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583780#Comment_1583780

    Yes, actually.

    How do you walk faster than 4.6m/s ?

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    You can't control other players, accept it.

    And so when these same players ######### about being tbagged/clicked at/genrushed i assume this same excuse holds up, right?

    You don't, you just get good at using his ability in chases and it's easy.

  • You make good points in the op and your reply.

    The thing is, the way they designed PH encourages to play that way even if it's unoptimal because the killer simply can. I think the word I'm looking for is to enable. PH design enables players to play like that, that's why they do it, and I honestly put the blame on bhvr, not the players.

    Since day 1 of ptb everyone and their mother said this would happen and those who defended it are those who wanted it to happen.

    Bhvr stayed par the course anyway. Same with other choices. Franklin's for example. Now they made it a griefing perk after banning people for griefing with it. They could've just made it disable the item after it stayed on the ground, which would even be a buff because survivors would keep going back for it even after it's unusable. Bhvr once again preferred the route of encouraging toxicity and conflictuality.

    It's just their track record.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583805#Comment_1583805

    And so when these same players ######### about being tbagged/clicked at/genrushed i assume this same excuse holds up, right?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583808#Comment_1583808

    You don't, you just get good at using his ability in chases and it's easy.

    But if a survivor runs away before you reach them, and they hold W like most rank 1 survivors do, when you hit them. Then how do you catch up in 10-20 seconds because it is literally impossible.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583826#Comment_1583826

    But if a survivor runs away before you reach them, and they hold W like most rank 1 survivors do, when you hit them. Then how do you catch up in 10-20 seconds because it is literally impossible.

    I mean, if that's how most rank 1s play please give me those people as teammates lmao; I never get those guys ever, instead down goes the shack pallet in 0.2 seconds and whoops game lost already lmao.

    But no, if you get amazing as POTD and the survivor makes a mistake- which honestly most survivors do, they don't use their speed burst amazingly- it's surprisingly easy to end chases almost instantly.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583826#Comment_1583826

    But if a survivor runs away before you reach them, and they hold W like most rank 1 survivors do, when you hit them. Then how do you catch up in 10-20 seconds because it is literally impossible.

    Ranged attacks actually can allow you to get your down that quickly as you can injure survivors WHILE cornering/outpositioning them.

    This is a clip of mine as Pyramid Head on red ranks (includes a screenshot) and as you can see all downs were within the 10-20 seconds range using exclusively Punishment of the damned:

    https://youtu.be/1Vx1Y94Dguk

    Particularly the first survivor is a good example as she got injured AND cornered in that jungle gym.

    She physically had 2 choices after getting hit through the wall:

    1) leave the jungle gym without knowing where I am exactly.

    or

    2) stay in said jungle gym and risk getting hit through the wall again.

    Both cases resulted in a "theoretical" 10 second chase if we assume I would have hit her through the wall again in that jungle gym which I probably would have as I'm pretty accurate with Punishment Of The Damned more often than not.

  • @Zozzy said:

    you down good survivors in 10-20 seconds with ph?

    Well when you can zone all of their options for free it's not very difficult. They're bound to do something that'll get you a free hit.

  • I see a lot of pyramid heads set up camp and put trail of torment all around the hook and then never leave the area.

    Deathslingers are also pretty bad for camping/tunneling. I think just about every deathslinger I run into except maybe a couple tunnel hard. I did have a nice one yesterday who didn't.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    some people just feel the need to play like an ace hole.

    and then they wonder why everyone else is doing gens and they cant get more than two kills...

    well i mean the survivor goal is to power gens and exit the gates, what else are they ment to do?

    likewise 2 kills is usually the strived for balance as according to the stats.

  • @Dsalter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583774#Comment_1583774

    well i mean the survivor goal is to power gens and exit the gates, what else are they ment to do?

    likewise 2 kills is usually the strived for balance as according to the stats.

    there is a huge difference between getting 2 kills and getting 6 to 10 hooks.

    if you get 2 kills with 4 or 5 overall hooks, you lost - not even the excuse of the "balance goal" (which in itself is BS considering the pipping requirements) is gonna help you there.

  • If I can get a 40+ winstreak without add-ons as him by playing normally vs rank 1s, you can too.

    Well it's obvious you only play against bad survivors, duh.

  • @White_Owl said:

    If I can get a 40+ winstreak without add-ons as him by playing normally vs rank 1s, you can too.

    Well it's obvious you only play against bad survivors, duh.

    Ah yeah my bad, forgot about that little tidbit.

  • The tip to playing Pyramid Head is to actually play Pyramid Head! I haven't seen one of them on Xbox in ages. I quite miss my judgemental friend!

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    The tip to playing Pyramid Head is to actually play Pyramid Head! I haven't seen one of them on Xbox in ages. I quite miss my judgemental friend!

    I mean, I'd love facing them if the very few I did see weren't #########.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584319#Comment_1584319

    I mean, I'd love facing them if the very few I did see weren't #########.

    I've not faced many of those Pyramid Heads, but they're clearly about and it's just confusing why they play him this way. It's far from optimal!

  • Agreed. I've never seen a pyramid head that doesn't tunnel & immediately cross the map to get someone who's fresh out of the cage. It's kind of stupid, when I play pyramid head I wouldn't bother crossing the map to find someone again. I just go back to patrolling gens.

  • @mintchapstick said:

    Agreed. I've never seen a pyramid head that doesn't tunnel & immediately cross the map to get someone who's fresh out of the cage. It's kind of stupid, when I play pyramid head I wouldn't bother crossing the map to find someone again. I just go back to patrolling gens.

    I feel like you'd love to face me playing PH then