How is it even possible

How is it even possible to do what BHVR does. They add in a new mechanic that doesn't work (Server hit detection) and it breaks geometry on the hill. We ask for changes to NOED or Iridescent head and we get an 'updated aura system' and they swap the accept and reject button on invites, because that's the priority, of course. We need a buff to Bubba, which was well received, but then they nerf billy too? No no, I agree BHVR, he was TOO overpowered and it needed to be stopped. But Spirit and Deathslinger? Nah, they're fine. We'll just let survivors have no fun while playing our game against these killers. When will this end? Seriously, all this is making me lose interest in this game. And it sucks too because I really like this game, but I just can't take it anymore.

Comments

  • @naitsirhC said:

    How is it even possible to do what BHVR does. They add in a new mechanic that doesn't work (Server hit detection) and it breaks geometry on the hill. We ask for changes to NOED or Iridescent head and we get an 'updated aura system' and they swap the accept and reject button on invites, because that's the priority, of course. We need a buff to Bubba, which was well received, but then they nerf billy too? No no, I agree BHVR, he was TOO overpowered and it needed to be stopped. But Spirit and Deathslinger? Nah, they're fine. We'll just let survivors have no fun while playing our game against these killers. When will this end? Seriously, all this is making me lose interest in this game. And it sucks too because I really like this game, but I just can't take it anymore.

    Deathslinger is beyond easy to counter. Get gud. Every complaint about Spirit is valid tho.

  • Yeah so many questionable changes, misshaps and decisions its ridiculous.

  • first of all the server hit detection did NOT break geometry. that was happening before that. The aura system was already been worked on for several months and expansions for a while. the system was put in a while back and it was even WORSE than it was this time around. They did not totally nerf billy, their changes split the two chainsaw boys since they had the same add ons, they would have to rework the other if they worked on the one. I have fun playing against deathslinger and spirit. You might not like it, people on here might not but there are people that have fun even with what you don't like. I think the aura system was being done to work with the new graphics they are working on as well. so there is a great deal that you may not even know about and yet you think your opinion is law? wow.... enjoy yourself...

  • I always think its funny when people bring up NOED because its not OP or anything, it's just the ultimate salt perk lol.

  • Yeah, what’s with BHVR adding in all these highly requested features and improvements like server-side hit validation, crossplay, and changes to the way the game is coded that prevent future bugs (aura change)? What, are they trying to improve their game or something?

  • @JimPickens666 said:

    I always think its funny when people bring up NOED because its not OP or anything, it's just the ultimate salt perk lol.

    I don't think it's OP, I just think its unfun to play against and needs to have some changes.

  • @Freki said:

    first of all the server hit detection did NOT break geometry. that was happening before that. The aura system was already been worked on for several months and expansions for a while. the system was put in a while back and it was even WORSE than it was this time around. They did not totally nerf billy, their changes split the two chainsaw boys since they had the same add ons, they would have to rework the other if they worked on the one. I have fun playing against deathslinger and spirit. You might not like it, people on here might not but there are people that have fun even with what you don't like. I think the aura system was being done to work with the new graphics they are working on as well. so there is a great deal that you may not even know about and yet you think your opinion is law? wow.... enjoy yourself...

    I was using that as an example. Obviously those two aren't connected, they just both occurred around the same time. As for the aura system, I was using that and the invite buttons as an example of a change that was not needed, and kind of a waste of time. When I said nerf billy, i was referring to the fact that his base kit was fine, and didn't really need a nerf. His addons, however, I will agree with you, but I think the kit was not needing a nerf. I brought up Deathslinger and Spirit because they are heavily related to the topic of retroactive counterplay. If you enjoy trying to win by guessing all the time, be my guest. I personally like winning by feeling accomplished that one person outplayed another.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    Yeah, what’s with BHVR adding in all these highly requested features and improvements like server-side hit validation, crossplay, and changes to the way the game is coded that prevent future bugs (aura change)? What, are they trying to improve their game or something?

    I just had multiple VPN killer games. And the same thing that was happening before server hit validation is still happening after the implementation. I'm not saying nobody asked for it, because everyone did including me, I'm saying that it didn't really do anything (especially like fixing VPN killers like they said it would). I didn't mention crossplay whatsoever, in fact I'm very happy they did this. But the cons outweigh the pros. The aura change was not needed at all and was perfectly fine. Nobody complained about it until they changed it for some reason. Your sarcasm doesn't make much sense... My argument was that the developers were spending time on unneeded changes instead of the important things that the community asks for.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187010/how-is-it-even-possible

    Deathslinger is beyond easy to counter. Get gud. Every complaint about Spirit is valid tho.

    Deathslinger countering is just guessing. You can't get good at guessing. It is impossible to dodge a shot that comes at you at lightspeed. I suggest you watch ScottJund's video about Retroactive Gameplay, it explains everything.

  • @naitsirhC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1581900#Comment_1581900

    Deathslinger countering is just guessing. You can't get good at guessing. It is impossible to dodge a shot that comes at you at lightspeed. I suggest you watch ScottJund's video about Retroactive Gameplay, it explains everything.

    Stick close to walls. Do gens.

  • @naitsirhC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1581941#Comment_1581941

    I just had multiple VPN killer games. And the same thing that was happening before server hit validation is still happening after the implementation. I'm not saying nobody asked for it, because everyone did including me, I'm saying that it didn't really do anything (especially like fixing VPN killers like they said it would). I didn't mention crossplay whatsoever, in fact I'm very happy they did this. But the cons outweigh the pros. The aura change was not needed at all and was perfectly fine. Nobody complained about it until they changed it for some reason. Your sarcasm doesn't make much sense... My argument was that the developers were spending time on unneeded changes instead of the important things that the community asks for.

    Hit validation isn’t currently active, it was in beta and they paused it because it was causing issues with certain killers (Huntress, Plague and Nurse).

    The devs explained that the aura changes were made because the way the old auras were programmed would cause them bugs and issues. So your “nobody asked them to change that” may be true in the sense that nobody complained about the old auras, but it demonstrates that they’re actively working on improving the game and updating some of its older code, which is something people regularly ######### about.

    So my point is that the changes that they’ve been making are only “unneeded” in your opinion.

  • You are one biased person, aren't you?

  • That won't hold up in the higher ranks, my guy. Good deathslingers are almost always going to hit their shot. You 'dodging' them isn't dodging at all. It's just them missing a shot, not getting outplayed.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1581953#Comment_1581953

    Hit validation isn’t currently active, it was in beta and they paused it because it was causing issues with certain killers (Huntress, Plague and Nurse).

    The devs explained that the aura changes were made because the way the old auras were programmed would cause them bugs and issues. So your “nobody asked them to change that” may be true in the sense that nobody complained about the old auras, but it demonstrates that they’re actively working on improving the game and updating some of its older code, which is something people regularly ######### about.

    So my point is that the changes that they’ve been making are only “unneeded” in your opinion.

    I guess I just assumed it was active because of the in-game message of "We have activated the hit validation beta on live servers". My bad, I didn't know they disabled it and didn't say anything.

  • @naitsirhC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1581930#Comment_1581930

    I don't think it's OP, I just think its unfun to play against and needs to have some changes.

    Yeah that's what im saying, theres nothing wrong with the perk it just pisses people off lol. I might be biased because i've only run into it a few times and it is like a "Ahhhh #########" moment but so are most killer perks, NOED just gets hate because it takes place at the end of the game when people T bag at the exit gate. Personally, and I know its a hot take, NOED should be base kit because the end game SHOULD be tense

  • @naitsirhC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1581969#Comment_1581969

    I guess I just assumed it was active because of the in-game message of "We have activated the hit validation beta on live servers". My bad, I didn't know they disabled it and didn't say anything.

    They probably didn’t announce it in-game because they didn’t want to give lag switchers a convenient reason to go back to exploiting. It’s the same reason they don’t announce when they disable the disconnect penalties.

    Edit: They often announce these things on their Twitter, like here: https://www.twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1299082583003803648

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1581980#Comment_1581980

    They probably didn’t announce it in-game because they didn’t want to give lag switchers a convenient reason to go back to exploiting. It’s the same reason they don’t announce when they disable the disconnect penalties.

    Edit: They often announce these things on their Twitter, like here: https://www.twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1299082583003803648

    Alright, good to know.

  • @naitsirhC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1581967#Comment_1581967

    That won't hold up in the higher ranks, my guy. Good deathslingers are almost always going to hit their shot. You 'dodging' them isn't dodging at all. It's just them missing a shot, not getting outplayed.

    So holding m1 for 5 minutes and winning is outplaying killers then?

    Killers cannot win unless survivors make mistakes. Thats the way this game has been for YEARS now.