Why do people say hag is a great killer?

Only reason I ever see a hag get a 4k is cause the survivors just don't know how to work around her traps cause almost no one ever plays this killer? Did a streamer say she is good?

Comments

  • I play almost every killer, but I play a LOT of Hag. She's my most powerful killer by far.

    More powerful than Spirit.

    More powerful than Nurse (although I'm pretty bad at Nurse).

    More powerful than Freddy.

    Yeah, I said it. And I don't play a "campy" style. I don't trap hooks anymore because it's mostly just a waste of a trap. I trap routes that survivors run and then funnel them into it - not unlike what a good trapper does. The difference is that Hag traps have a much larger set-off range, will spin your camera around and disorient you if placed smartly, and don't need to be 'fetched' like Trapper's traps.

    And for those of you saying Hag loses to SWFs: nope. She does not. She has a tougher game, sure, but her ability to snowball all 4 survivors into the dirt is unmatched by any other killer (except maybe a really good Oni). She doesn't fear flashlights either - a flashlight can only destroy your trap if the survivor holding it can see your trap. If you play deviously and place traps smartly they never will.

    And that's what I love about Hag (and about playing killer in general). It's not about having the best reflexes or KBM skills or being the fastest no scope headshot in the West (there's a reason the only two killers I don't play are Huntress and Slinger). She's all about playing smart and being a cunning, underhanded bastard of a player. I like that. And Hag likes it too.

  • The things that stand in the way of Hag:

    1. communication (**** SWF comms)
    2. not being able to teleport when performing an interaction
    3. Dedicated Servers (because the survivors gain an extra two meters even if you instantly teleport. It's why she's now able to lunge out of her teleport with full momentum because Dedicated Servers ***** her otherwise).


    Every triggered trap should result in a hit however it may happen, and if multiple traps are popping without any hits being given, things are not going well for The Hag.

  • @mayhare97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1580840#Comment_1580840

    Honestly, I think it heavily depends on the player. Like, sure, Hag has the potential to be one of the best Killers in the game, but only if you know how to play her (and as others here said, Survivors aren't giving each other the locations of your traps.) I honestly suck at Hag and never got a single kill as her. Same for Nurse and Billy. On the other hand, I consistently do pretty well with Trapper, Wraith and Legion, Killers I've seen a lot of people call complete trash on every rank. While I do think some Killers need to be adjusted or buffed, I also think once in a while a player will click with a Killer and manage to make them work well enough.

    Of course, I'm a rank 17 and a casual player at best, so feel free to take this all with a grain of salt. Just sharing my two cents.

    Thanks for sharing your opinion on it, I agree with what you said, especially the part that a killer will click with a person.

  • @Dr_doom_j3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1580835#Comment_1580835

    You do not know how to play hag, just stop. I've been red rank hag for alst the full year of 2018, she is not only played to camp. Bad hag players make her look like she does though

    Lmao ok bud, I do not play hag according to you, yet I've used her and used to main her when I got this game, you never chase and you are supposed to play campy but you are the genius here so let everyone know how good you are with her.

  • No problem :) I really do feel like a lot of the time it will depend on a person's playstyle. Pretty much any game is like this. Of course, there are meta characters and characters who are more and less viable in general, but I've often seen people make a character seen as useless/highly situational by the majority of the community work in most video games.

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    Only reason I ever see a hag get a 4k is cause the survivors just don't know how to work around her traps cause almost no one ever plays this killer? Did a streamer say she is good?

    I always thought Hag was a tree like Groot from GOTG

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    I fear a good Hag more than most killers. She'll pretty much be everywhere at once. If you want to see a good Hag main, Elix9 @ Twitch does some damage.

    Elix always uses rusty shackles. It's actually a garbage add-on and she would do better if she stopped using it.

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    Only reason I ever see a hag get a 4k is cause the survivors just don't know how to work around her traps cause almost no one ever plays this killer? Did a streamer say she is good?

    Hag is a natural camper. Once you get a web set up around a 3 gen, and a survivor hooked in that web, it's pretty much gg. She's the one killer than can be everywhere at once, you can pressure gens and pressure the hook at the same time.

    Her weakness is swf, gen rush, and flashlights.

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    Only reason I ever see a hag get a 4k is cause the survivors just don't know how to work around her traps cause almost no one ever plays this killer? Did a streamer say she is good?

    Yes.

  • Because a streamer labelled her s tier so of course people agree

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1580824#Comment_1580824

    you can run stbfl with almost all these killers minus nurse. But your last part about camping from distances. So the only way to play her is hook defence? That again many killers can already do just slightly worse than her?

    Think of it like this. Spirit is better and so is nurse. And oni and billy. Unless you have a perfect web in the proper areas. Then id say she is better than nurse. 1 person goes to a gen instant teleport and hit. They run and activate another trap and you can instant teleport hit or wait to see how they react. If they drop a pallet and they are on the side with a trap they might vault into your arms or you teleport and guarantee a hit. And as soon as you do bam another trap rinse and repeat. You can get hits faster than any other killer. And this is only if you have a good web if you don't bye bye 4k or 3 gen and if they mess with your traps and you dont know how to manage you lose. As Otz said focus on your web and once you do protect it and let the killing begin

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Hag is exceptionally good against Solo Players.

    Hag is exceptionally bad against SWF. She suffers from the same thing trapper does, and that is Communication. People can tell each other where each trap is located.

    It's the reason she is not played in Tournaments.

    There are DBD tournaments?

  • @Dr_doom_j3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1581758#Comment_1581758

    It's not even that deep..if you can learn to play the game as Billy, you can still learn to play as Hag whose on the opposite side of the spectrum in playstyle. People just need to invest the time into learning a character and what they can do instead of assuming after a play session that a killer is useless.

    We live in a hot take culture, everybody wants to be the quickest to an opinion right or wrong, researched or not. Good luck getting better, but I suggest taking on the challenge of a new character, seeing how they tick, and deciding whether you can have fun playing that way or not, but hag is probably one of the most big brain play characters in the game.

    I mean, sure, but there's also personal preference. Personally, I don't find Hag or Billy fun to play at all, neither do I find Nurse fun. Sure, I could train and get better at them, but that would come at the cost of enjoyment, and honestly, I don't take this game seriously enough or care about ranks to the point of spending hours trying to learn a meta killer I don't enjoy playing as. I'm here to have fun. Like I said, I'm a low rank and a casual player at best, so everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt.

  • @Dr_doom_j3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1581758#Comment_1581758

    It's not even that deep..if you can learn to play the game as Billy, you can still learn to play as Hag whose on the opposite side of the spectrum in playstyle. People just need to invest the time into learning a character and what they can do instead of assuming after a play session that a killer is useless.

    We live in a hot take culture, everybody wants to be the quickest to an opinion right or wrong, researched or not. Good luck getting better, but I suggest taking on the challenge of a new character, seeing how they tick, and deciding whether you can have fun playing that way or not, but hag is probably one of the most big brain play characters in the game.

    *The forum seems to have deleted my comment, so if this is a double post, please ignore.


    I mean, sure, but there's also personal preference. I don't have fun playing as Billy, Hag or Nurse, and I don't like how they play. I could technically spend hours training to get better as a meta Killer, and I'm sure I would, but that would come at the cost of enjoyment of the game, and that's not what I'm here for. I don't take this game seriously enough or care about ranks to the point of sacrificing fun. Like I said, I'm a low rank and a casual player, and everything I said should be taken with a grain of salt.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Hag is exceptionally good against Solo Players.

    Hag is exceptionally bad against SWF. She suffers from the same thing trapper does, and that is Communication. People can tell each other where each trap is located.

    It's the reason she is not played in Tournaments.

    exceptionally bad against SWF?isn't that most killers.....

  • @Dr_doom_j3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583838#Comment_1583838

    Oh I hear you, I wasn't putting you on front street or nothing, I was just saying it is possible if you want to learn, most things aren't out of most people's reach

    That's not how I took it, don't worry about it :) I'll probably try these Killers at some point again, but I do have my favorites.

1 2 ›