THEORY: Spine chill was balanced around old ruin
I was just sitting and thinking and then it hit me, y does spine chill seemingly have no downsides? Then it hit me, we all know old ruin so I don’t have to explain it. Skill check reliant. If the killer was looking at you, a ten% increase in skill checks and 10% smaller was not good, especially for newer players where hitting great skill checks is a challenge. Now with new ruin, the one downside of spinechill is seemingly gone. Just a theory, lmk what y’all think!
Comments
Good idea but spinechill was in the game way before ruin was introduced.
Why do perks need downsides? What's wrong with Agitation, Botany Knowledge, and Deja Vu?
My point exactly spine chill is fine it makes no sense for perks to always have something bringing it down.
I doubt that, given that Spine Chill is a base perk and Ruin wasn't a thing until Chapter 3. Even if that were the case, I don't see anything about Spine Chill that is really an issue?
The downside of deja vu is occupying a perk slot that could be taken up by something useful.
the "downside" is supposed to be the skill checks themselves requiring skill.
thing is, the devs dont understand that "skill" checks require little to no skill.
Theory: no
uhhhh no.
You don't see the effect all that often nowadays, but things like the Ranger Med-kit, Worn-out Tools (at least it used to), and Unnerving Presence all affect the size of skill checks (with TINH only affecting Bonus Zones). The wrench toolbox add-ons used to make skill checks bigger, and I once had an overcharge skill check with a teeny "good" zone on it (couldn't hit it, so I never found out what would have happened), but these have all been around (not Overcharge) since launch. Ruin came later.
Nice try. Spine Chill precedes old ruin.
lol
Because most of the good killer perks have a down side except bbq ruin its a hex corrupt 2.5min noed hex
Well, spine chill is good.
and those aren't.
Most good killer perks have downsides.
Pop, Nurses, Sloppy, Discordance, Surveillance, infectious fright, Tinker, Bamboozle, Whispers, Enduring, Spirit Fury all work as intended without downsides.