PC players, heads up. The Iron Will completely silent survivor "bug" might be cheating.

Just a heads up for pc players.

I'm a console player, and Iron Will never took away all the sound of a survivor.

That said, after crossplay was enabled, I faced many crossplay survivors that didn't emit a single sound when using iron will. No running noise, no falling noise, dead silent.

Thus, I think people might be cheating on PC, and using Iron Will to pretend it's a bug.

Comments

  • Have not seen nore experienced that as a killer.

  • Completely silent survivors is just a bug. I've had games where my character goes silent when I wasn't even running Iron Will.

  • @Crowman said:

    Completely silent survivors is just a bug. I've had games where my character goes silent when I wasn't even running Iron Will.

    Yep,sound is just a mess like it always has been.No cheating or hacking going on here.

  • I can confirm that the "Silent Survivor" bug absolutely does happen on console too (I have crossplay disabled right now on Xbox). Doesn't even require Iron Will to be part of a survivor's loadout for it to occur.

    It is not PC-exclusive and is most likely nothing more than a pesky lil' bug.

  • Oh you mean that one bug that they "fixed" like 4 times now? kekekekekekeke

  • @Crowman said:

    Completely silent survivors is just a bug. I've had games where my character goes silent when I wasn't even running Iron Will.

    Funny enough, I never encountered that bug on console. Go figures

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576206#Comment_1576206

    Funny enough, I never encountered that bug on console. Go figures

    The bug isn't that common and overall I've only experienced the bug a handful of times. A few times the bug even fixed itself if I started an action like repairing a generator.

    There was one patch a while ago where I just gave up trying to play spirit, because it felt like the bug was occurring every match and made spirit frustrating to play.

  • I've had that bug happen to me as killer and as survivor. It's not an exploit, and until confirmed by the devs is not bannable.

  • That bug happens all the time on PC. Even DBD streamers go completely silent sometimes when playing survivor and acknowledge the bug.

  • Is it a bug? Or is it Calm Spirit + Iron Will, basically makes you completely silent

  • I have never experienced that Iron Will is bugged. Only that Survivors where silent without Iron Will. Sometimes I also was silent when not using Iron Will, but only on my end, my SWF-partner was able to hear me.

  • I use the quiet perks a lot and this is new to me.

  • Sound is always an absolute mess in this game. Nothing new. We're a full chapter out from Midwich release and survivors still don't make any noise on that map for the most part.

  • Just a bug, I don't use cheats yet I have played without IW and make no sound at all.