Can someone explain why I'm being grabbed in a unhook animation with a full unhook bar

It's happed a few times I'm unhooking I have the bar full I'm lifting them off and suddenly I'm on the killers shoulders from a grab that makes no sense

Comments

  • DeDiCaTeD sErVeRs. Lol, in all seriousness - that happens a lot to me too. Super frustrating, but it's due to the latency. I've also had some occasionally work in my favor, such as hopping out of a locker - the killer appears to be mid grab animation but then I'm still able to escape lol.

  • Grabs are simply bugged. That is apparent even on the survivor screen. I have been grabbed in situations where I should not have been grabbed, but I also have seen instances where the killer starts the grab animation on the survivor screen, but then gets it denied a few frames later.

    Grabs are like the hitboxes in this game, where they are so hopelesssly broken, that not even the developers themselves know how exactly they are working.

  • Thats Latency. Sometimes you get a Grab Animation but no Grab, sometimes you stand up/unhook in time and you get grabbed.

    In one game, I had a Grab animation on a Claudette who was Unhooking, but the game took it away, and the second time it worked, but according to the Claudette the Unhook was finished. So yeah. Latency.

  • This used to happen on P2P servers too, been in the game for years

  • Trust me, for every time you get grabbed when you feel you shouldn't, a killer gets 10 grabs that turn into literally nothing as the survivor just runs off post-false-grab.

  • Latency. Also if the killer has STBFL with full stacks, s/he can grab you after hitting you and before you can do the unhook.

  • grab are bugged to all hell on both sides may never get fixed in anyway.

  • @Stinde said:

    Latency. Also if the killer has STBFL with full stacks, s/he can grab you after hitting you and before you can do the unhook.

    Full life no hits

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Grabs are simply bugged. That is apparent even on the survivor screen. I have been grabbed in situations where I should not have been grabbed, but I also have seen instances where the killer starts the grab animation on the survivor screen, but then gets it denied a few frames later.

    Grabs are like the hitboxes in this game, where they are so hopelesssly broken, that not even the developers themselves know how exactly they are working.

    Theres nothing at all wrong with hitboxes. They work exactly as intended. The only problems are latency and the stupid hit-cone system.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573320#Comment_1573320

    Theres nothing at all wrong with hitboxes. They work exactly as intended. The only problems are latency and the stupid hit-cone system.

    Ah that makes sense