Evan Macmillian- American Philip Ojomo - African Max Thompson Jr - Caucasian/American Sally Smithson - Anglo American Herman Carter - African American Lisa Sherwood - African Anna - Russian Kenneth Chase - American Rin Yamaoka - Japanese
@PhantomMask20763 said:
All the licensed killers are American right?
Correct.
I wouldn't mind a Canadian killer, recently the devs have been coming up with some amazing designs and backstories for killers so it would be interesting to see what they could do with a Canadian background. I dont know much about Canada though, I have visited it once and it was very nice, I loved it would visit again
Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial?
Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black.
True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial?
Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black.
True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
He may be an American with Chinese ethnicity, which is the most logical, I think.
Might be just lighting. I honestly do see the Doctor being black-skinned. Based on his default outfit, unless you are looking at the top of his head... because thats his exposed skull, I believe. I can see the confusion though, because his skin i mostly charred and covered with cables and electrodes anyway.
@PigNRun said:
Might be just lighting. I honestly do see the Doctor being black-skinned. Based on his default outfit, unless you are looking at the top of his head... because thats his exposed skull, I believe. I can see the confusion though, because his skin i mostly charred and covered with cables and electrodes anyway.
Exactly. Like it does not matter what color is the skin, if the only thing you see is meat & bones
Wait, where is it revealed that Lisa Sherwood/The Hag is African? Her bio on the PS4 refers to a village and some elders, but that’s it from what I see.
Edit:
looking at her offerings, not that it matters much since a lot of them are random. But one offering is a Swamp Orchid Necklace, and orchids are more common in Central and South America, and “mud turtles” originate from America and have orange eggs. She has a Cracked Turtle Shell offering that is described as being orange.
Wait, where is it revealed that Lisa Sherwood/The Hag is African? Her bio on the PS4 refers to a village and some elders, but that’s it from what I see.
If you go to the official wiki you can see all of the Ethnicities of the killers
Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial?
Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black.
True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too
Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial?
Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black.
True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too
Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial?
Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black.
True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too
Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess?
CoolAKn said:
@RSB said:
@CoolAKn said:
@RSB said:
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess?
Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial?
Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black.
True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too
Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess?
CoolAKn said:
@RSB said:
@CoolAKn said:
@RSB said:
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess?
Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial?
Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black.
True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too
Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too
Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too
Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
It's just a matter of "the official wiki said..." which can be changed, you know. The Doctor's "official" bio (in-game) mentions nothing of his race, so for all we know, the wiki could be lying.
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
It's just a matter of "the official wiki said..." which can be changed, you know. The Doctor's "official" bio (in-game) mentions nothing of his race, so for all we know, the wiki could be lying.
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say. Wiki can be at fault, no info in game, we can only speculate. However, there are more proofs that he is Chinese-American, though, do not why some people are trying hard to make him black.
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
It's just a matter of "the official wiki said..." which can be changed, you know. The Doctor's "official" bio (in-game) mentions nothing of his race, so for all we know, the wiki could be lying.
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say. Wiki can be at fault, no info in game, we can only speculate. However, there are more proofs that he is Chinese-American, though, do not why some people are trying hard to make him black.
His facial features - the wide, flat nose with large nostrils, for example - scream "African". Furthermore, while the devs did intend for him to be Chinese, they were worried China would ban the game, since he's based on a real Chinese murderer who, I believe, is still alive, and China has censorship laws that would prohibit that.
There is no evidence for him being Chinese-American, at all. None of the Killers match the Survivors that came with them. That's just your faulty premise.
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
It's just a matter of "the official wiki said..." which can be changed, you know. The Doctor's "official" bio (in-game) mentions nothing of his race, so for all we know, the wiki could be lying.
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say. Wiki can be at fault, no info in game, we can only speculate. However, there are more proofs that he is Chinese-American, though, do not why some people are trying hard to make him black.
His facial features - the wide, flat nose with large nostrils, for example - scream "African". Furthermore, while the devs did intend for him to be Chinese, they were worried China would ban the game, since he's based on a real Chinese murderer who, I believe, is still alive, and China has censorship laws that would prohibit that.
There are no proofs for him being Chinese-American, at all. None of the Killers match the Survivors that came with them. That's just your faulty premise.
This nose? Look at the nose of the Doc, and the woman above. See?
Where did I say, that killers match the survivors? Do not put the words into my mouth, really.
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
It's just a matter of "the official wiki said..." which can be changed, you know. The Doctor's "official" bio (in-game) mentions nothing of his race, so for all we know, the wiki could be lying.
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say. Wiki can be at fault, no info in game, we can only speculate. However, there are more proofs that he is Chinese-American, though, do not why some people are trying hard to make him black.
His facial features - the wide, flat nose with large nostrils, for example - scream "African". Furthermore, while the devs did intend for him to be Chinese, they were worried China would ban the game, since he's based on a real Chinese murderer who, I believe, is still alive, and China has censorship laws that would prohibit that.
There are no proofs for him being Chinese-American, at all. None of the Killers match the Survivors that came with them. That's just your faulty premise.
This nose? Look at the nose of the Doc, and the woman above. See?
Where did I say, that killers match the survivors? Do not put the words into my mouth, really.
His is much wider.
You didn't, but you seemed to agree with someone who did. I will say that only one Killer in all of DbD has matched the Survivor, and that was the Shape - because he's a licensed character. Original Killers never match the Survivors, so to make him Chinese would be unprecedented.
Did you read what I said about the devs changing his ethnicity to skirt around Chinese censorship laws?
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
It's just a matter of "the official wiki said..." which can be changed, you know. The Doctor's "official" bio (in-game) mentions nothing of his race, so for all we know, the wiki could be lying.
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say. Wiki can be at fault, no info in game, we can only speculate. However, there are more proofs that he is Chinese-American, though, do not why some people are trying hard to make him black.
His facial features - the wide, flat nose with large nostrils, for example - scream "African". Furthermore, while the devs did intend for him to be Chinese, they were worried China would ban the game, since he's based on a real Chinese murderer who, I believe, is still alive, and China has censorship laws that would prohibit that.
There are no proofs for him being Chinese-American, at all. None of the Killers match the Survivors that came with them. That's just your faulty premise.
This nose? Look at the nose of the Doc, and the woman above. See?
Where did I say, that killers match the survivors? Do not put the words into my mouth, really.
His is much wider.
She is a woman, so she has a smaller nose as well. If you want I can search for a wider, Chinese male nose.
You didn't, but you seemed to agree with someone who did. I will say that only one Killer in all of DbD has matched the Survivor, and that was the Shape - because he's a licensed character. Original Killers never match the Survivors, so to make him Chinese would be unprecedented.
Nurse and Nea quite match. She did burned the asylum, where Nurse used to work, I believe.
Did you read what I said about the devs changing his ethnicity to skirt around Chinese censorship laws?
Yes, I did. Was it proven by the devs, or was it just a gossip? Also - did they said, they are making him black, instead of yellow? Or maybe he is white?
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
It's just a matter of "the official wiki said..." which can be changed, you know. The Doctor's "official" bio (in-game) mentions nothing of his race, so for all we know, the wiki could be lying.
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say. Wiki can be at fault, no info in game, we can only speculate. However, there are more proofs that he is Chinese-American, though, do not why some people are trying hard to make him black.
His facial features - the wide, flat nose with large nostrils, for example - scream "African". Furthermore, while the devs did intend for him to be Chinese, they were worried China would ban the game, since he's based on a real Chinese murderer who, I believe, is still alive, and China has censorship laws that would prohibit that.
There are no proofs for him being Chinese-American, at all. None of the Killers match the Survivors that came with them. That's just your faulty premise.
This nose? Look at the nose of the Doc, and the woman above. See?
Where did I say, that killers match the survivors? Do not put the words into my mouth, really.
His is much wider.
She is a woman, so she has a smaller nose as well. If you want I can search for a wider, Chinese male nose.
You didn't, but you seemed to agree with someone who did. I will say that only one Killer in all of DbD has matched the Survivor, and that was the Shape - because he's a licensed character. Original Killers never match the Survivors, so to make him Chinese would be unprecedented.
Nurse and Nea quite match. She did burned the asylum, where Nurse used to work, I believe.
Did you read what I said about the devs changing his ethnicity to skirt around Chinese censorship laws?
Yes, I did. Was it proven by the devs, or was it just a gossip? Also - did they said, they are making him black, instead of yellow? Or maybe he is white?
Go ahead and search.
Nea is Swedish or something, right? She and the Nurse don't come from the same place. That's what I was going for when I said they "didn't match".
It was speculation by the Chinese players who begged the devs not to make the new Killer (now the Doctor) Chinese because the game would be banned in China. This was back when the Doctor was a WIP, as you pointed out. I hope that a Chinese person's knowledge of Chinese censorship laws is enough to dissuade your bizarre belief that the Doctor is Chinese.
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
It's just a matter of "the official wiki said..." which can be changed, you know. The Doctor's "official" bio (in-game) mentions nothing of his race, so for all we know, the wiki could be lying.
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say. Wiki can be at fault, no info in game, we can only speculate. However, there are more proofs that he is Chinese-American, though, do not why some people are trying hard to make him black.
His facial features - the wide, flat nose with large nostrils, for example - scream "African". Furthermore, while the devs did intend for him to be Chinese, they were worried China would ban the game, since he's based on a real Chinese murderer who, I believe, is still alive, and China has censorship laws that would prohibit that.
There are no proofs for him being Chinese-American, at all. None of the Killers match the Survivors that came with them. That's just your faulty premise.
This nose? Look at the nose of the Doc, and the woman above. See?
Where did I say, that killers match the survivors? Do not put the words into my mouth, really.
His is much wider.
She is a woman, so she has a smaller nose as well. If you want I can search for a wider, Chinese male nose.
You didn't, but you seemed to agree with someone who did. I will say that only one Killer in all of DbD has matched the Survivor, and that was the Shape - because he's a licensed character. Original Killers never match the Survivors, so to make him Chinese would be unprecedented.
Nurse and Nea quite match. She did burned the asylum, where Nurse used to work, I believe.
Did you read what I said about the devs changing his ethnicity to skirt around Chinese censorship laws?
Yes, I did. Was it proven by the devs, or was it just a gossip? Also - did they said, they are making him black, instead of yellow? Or maybe he is white?
Go ahead and search.
Nea is Swedish or something, right? She and the Nurse don't come from the same place. That's what I was going for when I said they "didn't match".
It was speculation by the Chinese players who begged the devs not to make the new Killer (now the Doctor) Chinese because the game would be banned in China. This was back when the Doctor was a WIP, as you pointed out. I hope that a Chinese person's knowledge of Chinese censorship laws is enough to dissuade your bizarre belief that the Doctor is Chinese.
Honestly you could argue alot of the killers races but luckily some like the doctor had to be altered to fit laws
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? CoolAKn said: @RSB said: @CoolAKn said: @RSB said: But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess? Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial? Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black. True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
Check out the official wiki I was shocked when I found out too Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Why are you hellbent on him not being African American
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
You are forgetting something sir, the words Work In Progress. They probably planned for him to be more Chinese based but changed it last minute for some unknown reason. Maybe the felt the acknowledgment on his teeth would be seen as a racist stereotype for Asians so he black now.
Where do you see he is black?
There doesn't have to be evidence, hell you can barely tell the Wraith was African. A character can have inspiration but that doesn't make the character.
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
It's just a matter of "the official wiki said..." which can be changed, you know. The Doctor's "official" bio (in-game) mentions nothing of his race, so for all we know, the wiki could be lying.
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say. Wiki can be at fault, no info in game, we can only speculate. However, there are more proofs that he is Chinese-American, though, do not why some people are trying hard to make him black.
His facial features - the wide, flat nose with large nostrils, for example - scream "African". Furthermore, while the devs did intend for him to be Chinese, they were worried China would ban the game, since he's based on a real Chinese murderer who, I believe, is still alive, and China has censorship laws that would prohibit that.
There are no proofs for him being Chinese-American, at all. None of the Killers match the Survivors that came with them. That's just your faulty premise.
This nose? Look at the nose of the Doc, and the woman above. See?
Where did I say, that killers match the survivors? Do not put the words into my mouth, really.
His is much wider.
She is a woman, so she has a smaller nose as well. If you want I can search for a wider, Chinese male nose.
You didn't, but you seemed to agree with someone who did. I will say that only one Killer in all of DbD has matched the Survivor, and that was the Shape - because he's a licensed character. Original Killers never match the Survivors, so to make him Chinese would be unprecedented.
Nurse and Nea quite match. She did burned the asylum, where Nurse used to work, I believe.
Did you read what I said about the devs changing his ethnicity to skirt around Chinese censorship laws?
Yes, I did. Was it proven by the devs, or was it just a gossip? Also - did they said, they are making him black, instead of yellow? Or maybe he is white?
Nea is Swedish or something, right? She and the Nurse don't come from the same place. That's what I was going for when I said they "didn't match".
Nea moved to USa from Sweden. Also - "She may have gone too far when her friends, not thinking well, dared her to tag the old asylum. " - she tagged (not burned, my bad) Nurse's asylum.
It was speculation
"speculation" - the key word
by the Chinese players who begged the devs not to make the new Killer (now the Doctor) Chinese because the game would be banned in China. This was back when the Doctor was a WIP, as you pointed out. I hope that a Chinese person's knowledge of Chinese censorship laws is enough to dissuade your bizarre belief that the Doctor is Chinese.
He still can be Chinese. And I've claimed that he is not black, but can be white/yellow, not only "Chinese". I said "Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black." - there are less proofs, that he is black, as you said, than he is Chinese - American.
Yeah, speculation from the people who know Chinese censorship laws. The Doctor cannot be Chinese because the game would be banned in China. Since it's not, he's not. If you can't accept that, this discussion is pointless.
You all realize race and ethnicity are not the same thing? You can’t discern someone’s ethnicity off of physical characteristics. Ethnicity is more cultural, and closer to nationality. Race is a socially constructed way to categorize people based on physical characteristics, first used to establish a stronger class system based on differing physical appearances.
They never state where he was born or anything about his family from what I’ve read, but we know he went to Yale and worked for the CIA. Only Us citizens can work for the CIA I believe with th exceptional of specific fields involving international relations and diplomacy I believe. But even then I think you need duel citizenship. And even then that is based specifically on his nationality which is different in some ways to ethnicity, but it seems the closest thing to a culture we have read about him knowing and being involved.
He was going to be based off of this Chinese doctor that tried to use electro shock therapy to treat different mental issues like internet addiction, etc. he was originally supposed to pair with Feng Min who was a computer game addict who let it take over her life, and eventually lead to alcohol abuse. Orion is right in referencing that censorship issues probably came into play, so they scraped that background.
They left his origins purposefully blank, and people edited the wiki based on their best assumption. Maybe there is an official statement out there as to what his race and ethnicity are but if so it might be something casually stated in a developers blog somewhere that isn’t very concrete. Maybe when we get another Q&A some people can ask about the origins of him and other killers.
The most official thing is that he had spent from college until death as a US citizen in the US culture. When it comes to race, for all we know he is half Chinese and half something else(maybe of black origin). His eyes and mouth are stretched and he is missing flesh and muscle on his face so I doubt he resembles what he used to look like all too much with the exception of the nose. And you cant perfectly assess what ethnicity he is simply because he has a wide nose,
Ultimately, only the devs can clarify the dispute about The Hag. Her bio and Add-ons can place her in Africa or South America. Africa seems more fitting though.
EDIT: Some get hung up on the name Lisa Sherwood. Don't forget that a lot of Africa was once conquered and colonised by the British Empire. Lisa and Sherwood are both old English names.
@Chi said:
I don't get how Lisa is African. I thought she would be African-American because of her first and last name.
Are there many groups of cannibals in the USA that attack small villages in the middle of the swamp?
I don't know. But Lisa Sherwood is not an African name, which is why I assumed she was African-American.
It's an old English name as I've pointed out before. Large parts of Africa were colonised by the British Empire.
Hm okay. I have never heard of an African with an English name. An English first name, sure, last name? Nah. Unless they are South African.
I really think the Wraith and the Hag should have their countries specified. It is weird how every killer and survivor have specific countries they are from, but Wraith and Hag is just African. As if the continent is just one big country.
@Chi said:
I don't get how Lisa is African. I thought she would be African-American because of her first and last name.
Are there many groups of cannibals in the USA that attack small villages in the middle of the swamp?
I don't know. But Lisa Sherwood is not an African name, which is why I assumed she was African-American.
It's an old English name as I've pointed out before. Large parts of Africa were colonised by the British Empire.
Hm okay. I have never heard of an African with an English name. An English first name, sure, last name? Nah. Unless they are South African.
I really think the Wraith and the Hag should have their countries specified. It is weird how every killer and survivor have specific countries they are from, but Wraith and Hag is just African. As if the continent is just one big country.
According to this speculated post, the Wraith came from Nigeria. We know he came from a country with a lot of crime, and Nigeria is rated as one of the more corrupt countries in the world.
As for the Hag, it's probable she isn't from Africa itself, but still of African descent.
Voodoo's foundations come from several tribal religions still practiced in West Africa (mainly Benin, Togo, and Ghana). Voodoo as it is today originated from Haiti as many Africans were brought there. Currently, it is estimated 95% of Haitians are of African descent. This means the Hag could be from either Africa or America (Caribbean)
@Chi said:
I don't get how Lisa is African. I thought she would be African-American because of her first and last name.
Are there many groups of cannibals in the USA that attack small villages in the middle of the swamp?
I don't know. But Lisa Sherwood is not an African name, which is why I assumed she was African-American.
It's an old English name as I've pointed out before. Large parts of Africa were colonised by the British Empire.
Hm okay. I have never heard of an African with an English name. An English first name, sure, last name? Nah. Unless they are South African.
I really think the Wraith and the Hag should have their countries specified. It is weird how every killer and survivor have specific countries they are from, but Wraith and Hag is just African. As if the continent is just one big country.
I had a friend from South Africa with a name that was from my own country (not the UK). Just saying.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
We need a Canadian killer, aye?
Correct.
But, uh... Doc isn't black, I guess?
Yeah, he doesn't really look black, maybe he could be bi-racial?
Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black.
True, a lot of the Doctor's in-game files point to the fact the Doctor was originally going to be Chinese (to coincide with Min), not sure why they changed that.
He may be an American with Chinese ethnicity, which is the most logical, I think.
Might be just lighting. I honestly do see the Doctor being black-skinned. Based on his default outfit, unless you are looking at the top of his head... because thats his exposed skull, I believe. I can see the confusion though, because his skin i mostly charred and covered with cables and electrodes anyway.
Exactly. Like it does not matter what color is the skin, if the only thing you see is meat & bones
Wait, where is it revealed that Lisa Sherwood/The Hag is African? Her bio on the PS4 refers to a village and some elders, but that’s it from what I see.
Edit:
looking at her offerings, not that it matters much since a lot of them are random. But one offering is a Swamp Orchid Necklace, and orchids are more common in Central and South America, and “mud turtles” originate from America and have orange eggs. She has a Cracked Turtle Shell offering that is described as being orange.
I think she’s Central or South American
Nah, someone made a mistake, obviously. Even his WIP name is Chinese.
Because I'm racist. Is it what you would like to hear?
Seriously, because he is not. With same logic you could argue, that Spirit is not Japanese, but black. WHAT. ARE YOU RACIST?
Where do you see he is black?
That is not an answer.
Wraith can be black (although at frist I thought he is Mexican), but Ojomo is a popular African surname. Also his tribal skin with candle on the head is quite African, and you can see that his skin is black.
If we are speaking about the Doc, he is based on a Chinese urban legend, or something familiar, and his WIP name is Chinese. His face looks somehow Chinese too. We have more proofs, that he is Chinese-American, instead of black. Why are you so hellbent on him being an African-American?
It's just a matter of "the official wiki said..." which can be changed, you know. The Doctor's "official" bio (in-game) mentions nothing of his race, so for all we know, the wiki could be lying.
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say. Wiki can be at fault, no info in game, we can only speculate. However, there are more proofs that he is Chinese-American, though, do not why some people are trying hard to make him black.
His facial features - the wide, flat nose with large nostrils, for example - scream "African". Furthermore, while the devs did intend for him to be Chinese, they were worried China would ban the game, since he's based on a real Chinese murderer who, I believe, is still alive, and China has censorship laws that would prohibit that.
There is no evidence for him being Chinese-American, at all. None of the Killers match the Survivors that came with them. That's just your faulty premise.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/euJHz-PcK5s/maxresdefault.jpg
This nose? Look at the nose of the Doc, and the woman above. See?
Where did I say, that killers match the survivors? Do not put the words into my mouth, really.
His is much wider.
You didn't, but you seemed to agree with someone who did. I will say that only one Killer in all of DbD has matched the Survivor, and that was the Shape - because he's a licensed character. Original Killers never match the Survivors, so to make him Chinese would be unprecedented.
Did you read what I said about the devs changing his ethnicity to skirt around Chinese censorship laws?
She is a woman, so she has a smaller nose as well. If you want I can search for a wider, Chinese male nose.
Nurse and Nea quite match. She did burned the asylum, where Nurse used to work, I believe.
Yes, I did. Was it proven by the devs, or was it just a gossip? Also - did they said, they are making him black, instead of yellow? Or maybe he is white?
Go ahead and search.
Nea is Swedish or something, right? She and the Nurse don't come from the same place. That's what I was going for when I said they "didn't match".
It was speculation by the Chinese players who begged the devs not to make the new Killer (now the Doctor) Chinese because the game would be banned in China. This was back when the Doctor was a WIP, as you pointed out. I hope that a Chinese person's knowledge of Chinese censorship laws is enough to dissuade your bizarre belief that the Doctor is Chinese.
https://media.allure.com/photos/5a13252594953253aa194624/master/pass/jesa-nose-job-before-after.jpg - female
http://susers.thatsmyface.com/v/vipbignose/Vip_Big_Nose_front_HBmIn2bhqJ.facecrop_d5398580.jpg - male
Nea moved to USa from Sweden. Also - "She may have gone too far when her friends, not thinking well, dared her to tag the old asylum. " - she tagged (not burned, my bad) Nurse's asylum.
"speculation" - the key word
He still can be Chinese. And I've claimed that he is not black, but can be white/yellow, not only "Chinese". I said "Maybe, but he looks more like a white/asian not white/black nor asian/black." - there are less proofs, that he is black, as you said, than he is Chinese - American.
Yeah, speculation from the people who know Chinese censorship laws. The Doctor cannot be Chinese because the game would be banned in China. Since it's not, he's not. If you can't accept that, this discussion is pointless.
You all realize race and ethnicity are not the same thing? You can’t discern someone’s ethnicity off of physical characteristics. Ethnicity is more cultural, and closer to nationality. Race is a socially constructed way to categorize people based on physical characteristics, first used to establish a stronger class system based on differing physical appearances.
They never state where he was born or anything about his family from what I’ve read, but we know he went to Yale and worked for the CIA. Only Us citizens can work for the CIA I believe with th exceptional of specific fields involving international relations and diplomacy I believe. But even then I think you need duel citizenship. And even then that is based specifically on his nationality which is different in some ways to ethnicity, but it seems the closest thing to a culture we have read about him knowing and being involved.
He was going to be based off of this Chinese doctor that tried to use electro shock therapy to treat different mental issues like internet addiction, etc. he was originally supposed to pair with Feng Min who was a computer game addict who let it take over her life, and eventually lead to alcohol abuse. Orion is right in referencing that censorship issues probably came into play, so they scraped that background.
They left his origins purposefully blank, and people edited the wiki based on their best assumption. Maybe there is an official statement out there as to what his race and ethnicity are but if so it might be something casually stated in a developers blog somewhere that isn’t very concrete. Maybe when we get another Q&A some people can ask about the origins of him and other killers.
The most official thing is that he had spent from college until death as a US citizen in the US culture. When it comes to race, for all we know he is half Chinese and half something else(maybe of black origin). His eyes and mouth are stretched and he is missing flesh and muscle on his face so I doubt he resembles what he used to look like all too much with the exception of the nose. And you cant perfectly assess what ethnicity he is simply because he has a wide nose,
The CIA does indeed only hire US citizens, according to its own website.
I don't get how Lisa is African. I thought she would be African-American because of her first and last name.
Are there many groups of cannibals in the USA that attack small villages in the middle of the swamp?
Ultimately, only the devs can clarify the dispute about The Hag. Her bio and Add-ons can place her in Africa or South America. Africa seems more fitting though.
EDIT: Some get hung up on the name Lisa Sherwood. Don't forget that a lot of Africa was once conquered and colonised by the British Empire. Lisa and Sherwood are both old English names.
Something about an angry beaver lurking in the tall grass sounds good to me!
I don't know. But Lisa Sherwood is not an African name, which is why I assumed she was African-American.
It's an old English name as I've pointed out before. Large parts of Africa were colonised by the British Empire.
Hm okay. I have never heard of an African with an English name. An English first name, sure, last name? Nah. Unless they are South African.
I really think the Wraith and the Hag should have their countries specified. It is weird how every killer and survivor have specific countries they are from, but Wraith and Hag is just African. As if the continent is just one big country.
According to this speculated post, the Wraith came from Nigeria. We know he came from a country with a lot of crime, and Nigeria is rated as one of the more corrupt countries in the world.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/13/350540974002304429/
As for the Hag, it's probable she isn't from Africa itself, but still of African descent.
Voodoo's foundations come from several tribal religions still practiced in West Africa (mainly Benin, Togo, and Ghana). Voodoo as it is today originated from Haiti as many Africans were brought there. Currently, it is estimated 95% of Haitians are of African descent. This means the Hag could be from either Africa or America (Caribbean)
My name's of Greek origin. Doesn't change the fact that I'm not Greek.
I had a friend from South Africa with a name that was from my own country (not the UK). Just saying.
why are we arguing over something that doesnt change the game at all?