What is "Devotion"

So after match, you know how get XP?

Above the number of the level you are there is the word "Devotion". This is really the first time I noticed it.

So what exactly is it, how do I (If I can) get it?

Comments

  • I think it's earned when you reach a certain level, similarly to overwatch levels.
    When you reach level X, you get back to level 1, with Devotion getting to level 1, and you start over.

    It's just a theory tho.

    EDIT : Just got it confirmed by a dev : That's it. Level 100 is max.

  • @Runiver said:
    I think it's earned when you reach a certain level, similarly to overwatch levels.
    When you reach level X, you get back to level 1, with Devotion getting to level 1, and you start over.

    It's just a theory tho.

    I thought they already figured out that it went off at level 100, then you get a tad more shards. (please tell me if that was false information)

  • @Techn0 said:

    @Runiver said:
    I think it's earned when you reach a certain level, similarly to overwatch levels.
    When you reach level X, you get back to level 1, with Devotion getting to level 1, and you start over.

    It's just a theory tho.

    I thought they already figured out that it went off at level 100, then you get a tad more shards. (please tell me if that was false information)

    I just asked a dev.
    He told me he couldn't confirm himself just yet.

  • Interesting, guess we will find out eventually :chuffed:

  • From the "PTB Information" section on the forums:
    When you pass Player Level 100, you will gain 1 Devotion Level and your overall Player Level progression will reset to 1 – as will XP requirements and Iridescent Shard rewards. Each level of Devotion represents 100 Player Levels gained.

  • @SmallPenPen said:
    From the "PTB Information" section on the forums:
    When you pass Player Level 100, you will gain 1 Devotion Level and your overall Player Level progression will reset to 1 – as will XP requirements and Iridescent Shard rewards. Each level of Devotion represents 100 Player Levels gained.

    Coolio, got a ways to go then :sweat:

  • It’s exactly like prestige with no reward nor consequence 
  • Zagrid said:
    It’s exactly like prestige with no reward nor consequence 
    except the reward is more Iridescent shards for cosmetics :3
  • @Mechkiller3425 said:
    Zagrid said:

    It’s exactly like prestige with no reward nor consequence 

    except the reward is more Iridescent shards for cosmetics :3

    I hit level 1 devotion and have not seen an increase in shards. Looks pretty much the same as it was.

  • It's your player level reset. After you hit level 100 you gain a devotion level and get reset to player level 1 so you can keep earning shards

  • A waste of time :chuffed:

  • It would be cool if ya got like 5% more shards every devotion rank!

  • It would be cool if ya got like 5% more shards every devotion rank!

    should be, for being so devoted
  • @Lowbei said:
    Might_Oakk said:

    It would be cool if ya got like 5% more shards every devotion rank!

    should be, for being so devoted

    I'm getting close to devotion 3 now and had been blowing it up when it started but getting to devotion 1 the rewards were a letdown. The devs stated they want to tweak it so it's more meaningful.