New Hit Validation on Killer Powers?

Does the new hit validation affect killer powers, or just M1s? If it prevented me from getting hit by laggy Huntress hatchets, I would be so damn happy.

Comments

  • Yep, nurse can also have seemingly insane lunge ranges, although I think her post blink lunge is indeed a bit longer than the usual lunge. Or it just feels that way bc she has a higher speed for the post blink lunge compared to the normal lunge. I wouldn't know, I hate her with all my heart and skip playing her at all.

  • @Freudentrauma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572260#Comment_1572260

    Yeah, but her hand visually connects better and her animation has more dynamic. Freddy's claws on the other hand are quite thin and don't always seemed to connect. It just doesn't look that good.

    Yep, thats right. Still, bc of her small size I often underestimate her lunge range and get really surprised when i get hit seemingly form too far away. It does not help that you very rarely face a hag in your trails ^^.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572870#Comment_1572870

    Will you ever understand? It doesn't matter one iota what the official stats are, or what the devs says. It doesn't change the fact Freddy is the most common killer when it comes to BS hits that players experience. His weapon size has nothing to do with it. Pyramid Head has a huge blade he drags on the floor, but I don't feel like I've been smacked from Australia when he hits me with it.

    You can repeat over and over that his lunge is the same as everyone else, that's not experience people get from him in game. Accept it or not, it will still be the truth. But go ahead tell us his lunge is the same as everyone else's again, I'm sure that will magically erase everyone's experience with him and his nonsense hits.

    Yeah, screw your "facts" and "statistics", I FEEL that what I'm saying is true, so therefore it is! It's well known that information can only be true if your feelings agree with it.


    Trump 2020 btw

  • @KnotEnthusiast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573027#Comment_1573027

    Yeah, screw your "facts" and "statistics", I FEEL that what I'm saying is true, so therefore it is! It's well known that information can only be true if your feelings agree with it.

    Trump 2020 btw

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185537/which-killers-get-the-most-bs-hits-on-you/p1

    Yeah that's right. All those people are making it up. Every single one them. Its a giant conspiracy. You got us. You're far too clever for us to fool. Damn. We've been rumbled, guys. Stats never lie.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573027#Comment_1573027

    He gets BS hits becauae IT LOOKS LIKE IT but its still the same as everyelse! Go KYF, look for a spot and try it with different killers before you talk trash about things you know nothing about.

    No he gets BS hits because it actually happens. I don't need to go KYF. I face different killers every day. So does everyone else here. Do you see people constantly saying Trapper, Wraith, Myers, Plague, Billy, Bubba, Demo, Pyramid Head etc are always getting BS hits on them? No. Its predominately Freddy and Huntress' hatchets.

    Why is that? Because that's the truth. Or is your truth that all these people are just making it up for giggles? Is that how you rationalize this? And you say I'm talking about things I know nothing about. Pot, kettle, black.

    Now if your only response to this is to just quote his lunge stats again, or give me the whole 'his weapon looks big so it fools you' line, then spare me. If I want to listen to a broken record I'll go find a thread about DS or NOED.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573103#Comment_1573103

    No he gets BS hits because it actually happens. I don't need to go KYF. I face different killers every day. So does everyone else here. Do you see people constantly saying Trapper, Wraith, Myers, Plague, Billy, Bubba, Demo, Pyramid Head etc are always getting BS hits on them? No. Its predominately Freddy and Huntress' hatchets.

    Why is that? Because that's the truth. Or is your truth that all these people are just making it up for giggles? Is that how you rationalize this? And you say I'm talking about things I know nothing about. Pot, kettle, black.

    Now if your only response to this is to just quote his lunge stats again, or give me the whole 'his weapon looks big so it fools you' line, then spare me. If I want to listen to a broken record I'll go find a thread about DS or NOED.

    You don't need to go to kyf and prove it, even though it wouldn't take long, would make us all look stupid, and the devs would be shown to be lying and have to nerf it down to a normal lunge for the sake of consistency. You'd be a hero to every other survivor who insists his lunge is longer than the other killers.

    But you're just not in the mood I guess

  • So I know you asked this a while back, but the short answer is no, it doesn't. Doesn't make grabs better either.

    if you want the shortened version of how I understand it, here you go:

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Dead Hard works a bit like grabs.

    In terms of how it works as confirmed by Peanits, both are buggy because they're checked twice, a remnant of old P2P gameplay. Basically:

    • You input your DH/Grab
    • The server checks to see if it's possible.
    • If it isn't possible, the server returns that as a grab cancel/dying survivor. This happens almost insantly.
    • If it is possible, the server then sends a message to the other player's client (for Dead Hard, to the killer, for grabs, to the survivor).
    • Then, the other player's client sends another check to ensure the grab/dead hard is still possible. This takes some time.
    • If it is still possible, Dead Hard dodges and you grab the survivor.
    • If it isn't possible you get the awful grab cancel/exhausted on the ground.

    Server-sided hit validation wouldn't have fixed this because it wasn't designed to fix this. Dead Hard/Grabs need to be re-coded, which has been confirmed by the devs as something they're looking into.

    If you want the longer version, you're gonna have to go digging very far through Peanits' comment history to find it.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573103#Comment_1573103

    No he gets BS hits because it actually happens. I don't need to go KYF. I face different killers every day. So does everyone else here. Do you see people constantly saying Trapper, Wraith, Myers, Plague, Billy, Bubba, Demo, Pyramid Head etc are always getting BS hits on them? No. Its predominately Freddy and Huntress' hatchets.

    Why is that? Because that's the truth. Or is your truth that all these people are just making it up for giggles? Is that how you rationalize this? And you say I'm talking about things I know nothing about. Pot, kettle, black.

    Now if your only response to this is to just quote his lunge stats again, or give me the whole 'his weapon looks big so it fools you' line, then spare me. If I want to listen to a broken record I'll go find a thread about DS or NOED.

    i will stop replying to you at this point. Its hopeless anyway.


    You just want to belive what you think rather than beliving facts and that you dont even want to check it by yourself, proves this point.

  • It's biased towards survivors, as all decisions are in this game. It makes trying to get gen grabs and window grabs even worse. It also ######### up trying to grab people out of lockers as they are leaping in and out of them

  • There's no "on paper" about it. The ONLY modified lunges are Myers' T1(shorter), T3(longer) and Nurse's Blink (shorter, iirc)

  • @Valor188917 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1570186#Comment_1570186

    The first person in this thread who can give me undeniable proof that freddy has a longer lunge than other 115% speed killers gets a 50€ steam gift card.

    Myer's has a longer lunge in T3, can I have free money now :P

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573271#Comment_1573271

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185537/which-killers-get-the-most-bs-hits-on-you/p1

    Yeah that's right. All those people are making it up. Every single one them. Its a giant conspiracy. You got us. You're far too clever for us to fool. Damn. We've been rumbled, guys. Stats never lie.

    Hearsay does NOT equal evidence. I sincerely hope you never go into law.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573103#Comment_1573103

    No he gets BS hits because it actually happens. I don't need to go KYF. I face different killers every day. So does everyone else here. Do you see people constantly saying Trapper, Wraith, Myers, Plague, Billy, Bubba, Demo, Pyramid Head etc are always getting BS hits on them? No. Its predominately Freddy and Huntress' hatchets.

    Why is that? Because that's the truth. Or is your truth that all these people are just making it up for giggles? Is that how you rationalize this? And you say I'm talking about things I know nothing about. Pot, kettle, black.

    Now if your only response to this is to just quote his lunge stats again, or give me the whole 'his weapon looks big so it fools you' line, then spare me. If I want to listen to a broken record I'll go find a thread about DS or NOED.

    I have every killer unlocked, send me your steam name and I'll compare Freddy to literally any other killer you want in a KYF.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1570052#Comment_1570052

    There's no "on paper" about it. The ONLY modified lunges are Myers' T1(shorter), T3(longer) and Nurse's Blink (shorter, iirc)

    On paper. What it says on paper, and what happens to people in game are apples and oranges.

    @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573388#Comment_1573388

    Hearsay does NOT equal evidence. I sincerely hope you never go into law.

    Thanks for the insult, but I didn't say it was evidence. Not once. Reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it. I said so many players with no reason to lie about it are not making it up. There's no rational reason to believe they would, or do you have one that you can offer up? They have nothing to gain from it. They also don't make these claims about other killers, except Huntress' hatchet hitboxes. So either they're telling the truth, or its a mass conspiracy against Freddy's lunge. Whether you or anyone else choose to believe them is your choice.

    It will still be true whether you do or not.

    @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573433#Comment_1573433

    I have every killer unlocked, send me your steam name and I'll compare Freddy to literally any other killer you want in a KYF.

    I have every killer unlocked, too. Given your snotty insulting attitude toward me, why would I even consider that. Sorry but I'm not that desperate. But since you're so eager to disprove this claim, then you go make a video about it and post it here. Go on put egg on our faces with video evidence worthy of the law. Something I should never work in!

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573926#Comment_1573926

    On paper. What it says on paper, and what happens to people in game are apples and oranges.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573944#Comment_1573944

    Thanks for the insult, but I didn't say it was evidence. Not once. Reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it. I said so many players with no reason to lie about it are not making it up. There's no rational reason to believe they would, or do you have one that you can offer up? They have nothing to gain from it. They also don't make these claims about other killers, except Huntress' hatchet hitboxes. So either they're telling the truth, or its a mass conspiracy against Freddy's lunge. Whether you or anyone else choose to believe them is your choice.

    It will still be true whether you do or not.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1573947#Comment_1573947

    I have every killer unlocked, too. Given your snotty insulting attitude toward me, why would I even consider that. Sorry but I'm not that desperate. But since you're so eager to disprove this claim, then you go make a video about it and post it here. Go on put egg on our faces with video evidence worthy of the law. Something I should never work in!

    I've literally gone into a KYF before to test it.

    They have identical lunge distances.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574167#Comment_1574167

    I've literally gone into a KYF before to test it.

    They have identical lunge distances.

    Doing my best CosmicParagon impression here; Hearsay does NOT equal evidence.

    In all seriousness, the word of the plethora of players, including myself, who say otherwise based on our in game experiences is not good enough. So fair is fair, why should this be?

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574199#Comment_1574199

    Doing my best CosmicParagon impression here; Hearsay does NOT equal evidence.

    In all seriousness, the word of the plethora of players, including myself, who say otherwise based on our in game experiences is not good enough. So fair is fair, why should this be?

    Because I've gone into the game and gotten actual evidence of it being equal.

    If enough people say 2+2=6, that doesn't make it true.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574229#Comment_1574229

    Because I've gone into the game and gotten actual evidence of it being equal.

    If enough people say 2+2=6, that doesn't make it true.

    Exactly. Just like its not evidence because you say you did it.

    That's as much hearsay as everyone else.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574252#Comment_1574252

    Exactly. Just like its not evidence because you say you did it.

    That's as much hearsay as everyone else.

    Well then when I get a spare moment with a friend I'll do it again and record it, just for you. Sound fair?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574256#Comment_1574256

    Well then when I get a spare moment with a friend I'll do it again and record it, just for you. Sound fair?

    Nah man, clearly you're gonna magically fix his lunge JUST for your video :P

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1574290#Comment_1574290

    Nah man, clearly you're gonna magically fix his lunge JUST for your video :P

    Oh yeah definitely

  • You'd assume it would affect all types of hits right? I can't imagine the devs would make something that doesn't apply to a 3rd of the killers.

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572154#Comment_1572154

    There are cases where you hit E and you get exhausted but you get hit nonetheless.

    It's a timing thing I guess, but your supposed to be able to dodge the lunge, avoid beartraps, that sort of thing. It could be that the killer anticipates dead hard and just mindgames you.

  • @ThePilgrim_Scott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572201#Comment_1572201

    It's a timing thing I guess, but your supposed to be able to dodge the lunge, avoid beartraps, that sort of thing. It could be that the killer anticipates dead hard and just mindgames you.

    Yeah but it doesn't make sense to be exhausted even before the perk is activated. What if the person has DS or get saved by flashlight and the killer chases you again?

1 2 ›