To the people that claims x killer has counterplay but can't do it themselves.

This is a double standard a major one. If I were to say as a survivor main billy is op without playing him and not even playing killer in general I would be attacked. But I see people say slinger had counterplay then tell me they arent good st survivor and cant preform it themselves.

That's all I have to say just a double standard I noticed.


Edit: if the dc penalty is removed I think we can close this case. No penalty it's an easy dodge against slinger, and ph, maybe spirit she isnt that bad if she of she doesnt have stridor of course.

Edit: thank you all the killer mains who commented on my post. It really helped show who is the majority of the forums it really helped prove my point!

Comments

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569069#Comment_1569069

    Fun should always be first before balancing s game otherwise what would the point be to play a game without having fun.

    Why would you come back to a game you have no fun in?

    But fun is super subjective especially in this game where survivor fun and killer fun are opposites

    118065892_2554441188202208_2971890686888033210_n.jpg


  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569618#Comment_1569618

    Definitely enjoyable for the people abusing them, that's for sure.

    No it's not fun for a killers character to be nerfed but neither is it fun for your preferred side to be nerfed for like what a year straight?

    It goes both ways.

  • Regardless it's the devs fun they have to make the take fun for to opposing sides facing eachother.

  • @azame said:

    This is a double standard a major one. If I were to say as a survivor main billy is op without playing him and not even playing killer in general I would be attacked. But I see people say slinger had counterplay then tell me they arent good st survivor and cant preform it themselves.

    That's all I have to say just a double standard I noticed.

    How many threads are you going to create moaning about DS,PH and Spirit? (You already have this still open.. Close this.)

  • @Sinister0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185806/to-the-people-that-claims-x-killer-has-counterplay-but-cant-do-it-themselves

    How many threads are you going to create moaning about DS,PH and Spirit? (You already have this still open.. Close this.)

    I want to leave this one up what I said is ver uh much true the same people who claim x cant do y.

  • Every killer in technicality has counterplay.


    The problem is is just how effective the counterplay is.

    For deathslinger the counter players to keep distance and just make sure there are objects between you and him.

    Well that's good in theory and it is in technicality counterplay it just doesn't feel responsive or skillful.

    Most of the time you just don't have the luxury of of tons of trees or objects in front of you at which point you just have to hope Mr cowboy misses.


    Pyramid head falls under a similar bubble you have to try to force out the punishment. However not every loop gives you that option so then you fall into a similar spirit like situation where you have to just guess what he's going to do and I hope you made the right decision.

    However unlike spirit pyramid head has a lot more reaction time on his part he can notice what you're doing and instead of committing just fake it or vice versa

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569706#Comment_1569706

    Well, that's definitely not the answer I was expecting and also blows my intended argument out of the water. With that said, I'm curious: do you think "fun" should be the main factor when deciding how to change the game?

    Yes, it should, its a game and games should be fun first of all things. You cant please everyone obviusly, fun is subjective but in my opinion people who demand to get 4K always or to escape always should be ignored entirely while discussing balance issues, its not the game what is wrong, its their sense of fun.

    In my experience from friends, family, online interactions etc most people enjoy winning a fair challenge and hate losing to cheesy tactics, thats why things like Moris and Keys are so widely hated (especially Moris) they give a free win with very low effort and a very high reward. Thats also why Spirit and Freddy are so hated yet God-Nurses or super good Trappers are not, the first are braindead, the second require inmense amount of skill and insight to pull stuff, same goes with things like old Adrenaline genrush and old MoM. They should aim to give everyone a fair chance to at least get 2 kills and 2 escapes IN EQUAL SKILL (a lot of trouble also comes from average players paired against gods, the game may be perfectly balanced but if someone is way way better than you... he will win, you will lose and we all have to be aware when we are getting outplayed instead of cheesed).


    On a sidenote, I usually play Myers and Jigsaw, 2 of the weakest Killers according to the community with numerous posts crying how bad their basekits are (I disagree, its the maps whats wrong, not their basekits, they could use some QoL changes to make them less clunky and more consistent tho), I tried Spirit when her tome got out, I found her so mindlessly boring I dropped her entirely once I got all challenges and her related achievements, I dont like my wins to be spoonfed.

1 2 ›