Unbreakable and DS combo.
Ok so I know everyone has STRONG opinions on this. So, first if you refuse to think about a persons clashing opinion and just be belligerent don't argue here go to the other pages. Second, I want an open discussion and yeah things may get heated, but at least try to listen and be respectful to the best of your ability.
Now as to my stance on it coming from a person who has fairly decent experience in both sides, I can definitely say it has counters. Now I in no way think this combo is fair all the time, but I'll break this down as thorough as I can so please, bear with me. First since I prefer survivor ill use that standpoint.
Ok when I am in a match and a gen rush happens and then a killer snowballs with slugs and ultimately loses to unbreakable it sucks. I feel bad that they can't do anything. When they camp for the final kill and its ruined to ds and unbreakable yeah it sucks. But first, why camp for one? Whenever I have to camp endgame I ALWAYS trade, it gives more points and if you can continuously trade hooks the survivors slowly lose their hook states and they are forced to leave or die.
So in that case tunneling is just dumb and if you can slug them go ahead and watch their body and hit people that you can and well there isnt much to say about that because anyone with a brain knows how to defend a body, I hope. And then lets say its beginning of a match on mothers dwelling, since its BIG well if you down the recently unhooked at any point and can hook someone else do it.
That means this person has to waste unbreakable and save that person or get healed which takes off pressure. But if they aren't a swf 2 people have to get off gens and save the 2 and if its a swf that means 1 will and you can pressure the only generator. But maybe the unbreakable person says not to worry about him and so he wastes his unbreakable and he works on a gen. That is either barely progressed or not at all because its a big map and he will want to pressure gens as soon as possible. Now this guy is most likely injured and has to spend 60 to 80 seconds doing gens and more just to heal.
And while he does that you're downing the person as he wastes his unbreakable and his team pops their gen or is healing. So you have another hook and info on 3 survivors. 2 finished a gen or are healing and one got up and is pressuring gens. And saying you have no clue where they are isnt an excuse because anyone who isnt new knows how to check generators and use common sense and if they went farther away to work on a gen then they are either closer to you or have less progress in the gen then is good for the game.
So yeah I do understand that you have less pressure than before, buuuut now there is one less unbreakable and you dont need to worry about slugging and you've started constant pressure.
This is harder on a smaller map yes, but you have easier time getting chases and the reason you lose is either misplaying or failing chases and at that point UB and DS arent the issue your skill is or map rng.
I Don't remember a time where I was EVER screwed over by that perk combo and rarely by the perks in general. Because unlike the people who complain and wait out for ds and unbreakable, I go add more pressure and with the fact that you don't always go against 4 mans and swf usually isnt coordinated very well for the most part if you continue to add pressure they will stutter and fail. And if you go against a good 4 man you mist likely will lose. This is the best counter to the "small PP build, and it works unless the survs are better than you or you just suck or the map is bad, there are TONS of variables.
Now as a survivor ive tried the meta build solo and its pointless and not that strong. Oh haha I have unbreakable and ds he cant pick me up *picks me up* and is a good killer or a strong one then precedes to murder me and my team. Oh haha I unbreakable now I dint have it and he can slug me. Oh no ds is out this guy doesnt tunnel. This is the crap I deal with as a survivor when I ran that build. The perks aren't that strong until you're a swf and for the most parts swf is cocky and not too good and if your experience is not like that well I feel bad.
I digress my point is the meta build just kinda sucks it depends on a bad killer and a good team. If your team sucks it doesn't matter what you do. If the killer is good do you really think deadhard is gonna save you? No unless its for distance and even then if its a good killer your loops won't matter.
As for my opinion in this, I think its a pathetic build that doesnt have a place for the good survivors of dbd. If youre good you can loop and waste time and as much as it sucks to die just wasting the killers time is a big achievement. Dying doesn't always make you bad. But in general this build is used wrong or is useless because the players suck and I also believe if we had people stop tunneling and slugging for no reason when they arent forced these perks wouldnt be the way they are now.
Just in general dont run it as a habit its a small PP build because you want invincibility you dont want to "not get tunneled and slugged by trash." That usually doesn't happen in the same game. And for killers just play smarter and know how to apply pressure and try and force people to waste these perks. If you are getting gen rushed have someone waste ds and then tunnel them out if the game. I had a Wraith do that to 2 of my friends and well it sucked because he purposely ate ds then tunneled them out if the game leading him to win because a 1v2 is an instant win and a 1v3 is as well unless the pallets and survs are good.
So in general play smart and don't make a habit out of scummy plays unless you are pressured, because this build lurks out there and you'll get punished and then you'll be here on the forums crying and this issue wont be solved.
Sorry for the long article but I really want to try and help people out with their ideas on this and to discuss and if you actually got this far well thanks you actualy care about the health of this game and wanna get this issue dealt with instead of complaining
(If you want to complain about nonsensical paragraphs just shut up ive already edited this so people could read it in paragraphs and im NOT remaking this to fit the standards of some English class.)
Comments
I mean yeah I guess as far as counters go its not much of a counter compared to others but at least its a better counter than just do gens
You can do your job but you have to have game sense and yeah cocky survivors are ANNOYING but I make a rule to slug the people who wanna try and get cheeky bt procs and ds hits
Whoa there champ, I am sensing some angst here. We wouldn't want to dismiss what a deep and fulfilling life you've lead, so as a peace offering, I'll let you scratch off a lottery ticket for me.
Let's turn that frown upside-down bud.
Thats true, I'm getting pretty tired of hearing stuff like "Just hit them" Or "Just do gens".
Damn I didnt realize adults were such #########. First Yeah my life may not have been as long or fulfilling but it has been deep. I have gone through many things kids shouldn't and I persevered to this day. So excuse me if I take offense to an assumption my life can not have any deepness due to my age. And really lottery ticket? Oh god so gracious, I am almost 18 meaning a lottery ticket isn't far off at all and I've already scratched multiple. Dont patronize me due to my age. It is ignorant and B.S I may be the age of 17, but my life experiences matter and so do my opinions, just because YOU have a superiority complex due to your age does not mean anything. You are a pathetic excuse for an adult who belittles a teenager for no good reason. My mind and body is of an adult regardless of my age and thats what matters. So quit insulting me like a child.
See take the spirit counters for example, they don't work unless the killer is bad. Doing gens is the only one and that works for EVERY killer and the speed of gens is unfair so whats the point of such a lame counter. The counter to DS and Unbreakable at least work for the most part, but most of this game is variables. Meaning there is pretty much no TRUE counters to anything. Nothing is actually consistent which actually makes sense.
Thats true, thats why I have a problem with this being a competitive game. Competitive games need to be consistent and DBD just isn't consistent.
Watch your language kiddo! We're going to have to wash your mouth out with soap if you keep dropping the D bomb like that.
Everyone knows how hard high school can be - you have peach fuzz tickling your chin AND you have to study for test; life will never get any harder. We know you're a big boy with big feelings, so I spoke with your parents - someone is getting ICE CREAM today after band practice! What do you say sport? Let's buck up, huh? ๐
At this point I don't know if you're yanking my chain or not, so I'm done here.
The unhooker goes down the hooked person starts to run away you picked up the downed person and hooked them the 1st unhooked person immediately starts unhooking you hit them bt activates they get the unhook then you slug and depending on how close the exit gates are they usually both get away and it's worse if there is a third guy because if yoy chase that guy the 1st guy picks himself up and you lose. That's how it goes for me
I see only one way to make UB+DS combo fair: once one of the 2 is used - both are permanently deactivated till the end of a trial.
I am rank 1 in survivors and killer, 1600hrs+. The real problem is ds bad mechanic. If u touch a gen o unhook ds have to deactivate. And ds need another time to use to avoid havy tunneling.