How I counter gen rush as a killer main

If your getting gen rushed the survivors are doing gens without considering other things like generator placement. So camp the 3 generators close to each other. If you don't have 3 generators close to each other you probably weren't gen rushed so work on getting better. That or the map spawn was not in your favor. :(

You'd be suprised though how you can quickly turn a bad game into a good one by focusing on 3 gens close to each other. Especially with perks like pop goes weasel. As the survivors gotta play risky and often get downed if they wanna get any gens done. :)

Anyway hope this helped as I see many killers complaining about this issue.

Comments

  • I'd add to not chase a survivor thats obviously trying to bait you to a place with no gens left or is a pallet town.

  • Just play nurse or spirit and they wont be able to do gens.

  • @Opex said:

    Just play nurse or spirit and they wont be able to do gens.

    Idk man Nurse has little map pressure since they reworked her.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562531#Comment_1562531

    Idk man Nurse has little map pressure since they reworked her.

    its a shame they confused her base power for one of her add onds considering it was an add on rework

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562531#Comment_1562531

    Idk man Nurse has little map pressure since they reworked her.

    She still has one of the highest map pressures in the game. The rework did almost nothing. You have to wait 4 seconds before blinking, that's pretty much okay. Most of the time people use blink recharge add-ons that also make her cooldown to like half a second. Or people use range add-ons and they can just move 42 meters so the cooldown doesn't really do much.

  • @Pipefish said:

    If your getting gen rushed the survivors are doing gens without considering other things like generator placement. So camp the 3 generators close to each other. If you don't have 3 generators close to each other you probably weren't gen rushed so work on getting better. That or the map spawn was not in your favor. :(

    You'd be suprised though how you can quickly turn a bad game into a good one by focusing on 3 gens close to each other. Especially with perks like pop goes weasel. As the survivors gotta play risky and often get downed if they wanna get any gens done. :)

    Anyway hope this helped as I see many killers complaining about this issue.

    Ah, the old "jUsT GeT BeTtEr" tactic. Why didn't killers just think of that sooner! 🤪

  • @Opex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562704#Comment_1562704

    She still has one of the highest map pressures in the game. The rework did almost nothing. You have to wait 4 seconds before blinking, that's pretty much okay. Most of the time people use blink recharge add-ons that also make her cooldown to like half a second. Or people use range add-ons and they can just move 42 meters so the cooldown doesn't really do much.

    Yeah but thanks to the cooldown you basically travel the same distance you would've if you just had walked normally they really butchered even at the highest levels of play using Blinks for traveling is risky and Nurse's just get gen rushed

  • @BillyBigBrainBoi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562704#Comment_1562704

    She has map pressure, I play her, stop with this non sense and play her, dont listen to salty content creator.

    If anything, the rework did nothing, it only added a lot more bugs and dedicated servers kill her (but let's be honest, dedicated servers are bad for both sides)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562721#Comment_1562721

    exactly lol, she only has a lot more bugs and dedicated servers kill her, but if you have a REALLY good connection this isn't a problem tbh

    I do play her, quite often actually. While I wouldn't consider myself top 100 Nurse players (I mean maybe tbf idk 100 Nurse players) I know I'm better than some big content creators so theres that lol. Even I've noticed myself that a lot of the map pressure you previously had with blinks is gone thanks to the extra 3 second cooldown. While I can end a chase within a couple seconds and never have a moment where someones not on a hook I myself get HARD gen rushed within seconds unless I'm on a map like the Game.

  • The only thing that the nurse rework did was making her unfun to play.

    90% of her add-ons are just trash and straight up troll add-ons, the only viable add-ons now are blink recharge and range.

    She is the buggiest mess in the entire game since her rework and the devs are fixing no bugs at all.

    Her cooldown was not needed and also just causes a lot of bugs.

    I mean she is still the strongest killer in the game so its not that bad, just the bugs should get changed.

    But I mean this is not what this discussion is about lol.

  • @BillyBigBrainBoi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562740#Comment_1562740

    please go somewhere else with your bias, if you know who is OP by looking at his comment history you can clearly see he plays a lot as killer, and he never said gen speeds were "fine".

    I'll go where I please, thanks. He's not the only person who plays a lot as killer, either.

  • Just pretend you're dumb the whole time, then when the last gen is powered, be a real hero by using NOED to down and hook one and then rely on their relentless altruism to secure your Blood Warden play!

  • if the best method is camping 3 gens, why are there 8 gens to begin with

  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185202/how-i-counter-gen-rush-as-a-killer-main

    Ah, the old "jUsT GeT BeTtEr" tactic. Why didn't killers just think of that sooner! 🤪

    😂 I guess you got a fair point. I probably should have been more specific. To get better I reccomend watching Otzdarva or some other fog whisperer as they can make strong competitive builds that'll massively improve your game. Then I'd just try to grind as many hours as possible. You'll make mistakes and you'll learn from them.

    I will also say I play purple ranks. This game is very unbalanced against red ranks SWF. This is all assuming you aren't going against a SWF.