Shroud of separation

Ok, i mean, noone really cares but in its current state shroud of separation is not just useless - it gives you a huge disadvantage to early game - you lose time and power just because you cant pressure everyone at a time, by the time you get to one surv 3 gens would be done by half, when you down 3 gens would pop. . So as for me has to be reworked. Thoughts?

Comments

  • Yup. Shroud of Separation should appear on survivor Bloodweb, and Shroud of Binding and Unity should be on killer Bloodweb. Currently, they are just wasted BP.

  • Well they don't turn in the loading screen if I remember correctly?

    If yes then they make survivor DC during loading screen in fear of a Mori.

    Job well done. /S

    That's the only "use" for them right now, I think, but don't really know since I never really use offerings outside of bp increase.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It’s not entirely useless. When it’s used with Corrupt Intervention it increases the odds of pretty much tripping over your first survivor almost straight away, with the benefit of having them most likely hooked before the rest have made significant progress on the unblocked gens.

    I think you are really wrong here. With CI everyone, or at least more then one surv 100% will be trapped with it, it really shows its full potential there. With shroud it is litterally a waste of a slot.

  • Ah, yes - The offering that basically guarantees to give you a bad early game, no exceptions. Admittedly, that's because the meta has shifted from "actually play DBD" to "hold m1 real good".

  • @burt0r said:

    Well they don't turn in the loading screen if I remember correctly?

    If yes then they make survivor DC during loading screen in fear of a Mori.

    Job well done. /S

    That's the only "use" for them right now, I think, but don't really know since I never really use offerings outside of bp increase.

    *Harvard* : bro, want a membership?

  • Devs don't understand their own game. That's why the Killers get an offering that guarantees three gens popping during the first chase.

  • Tbf that offering is very outdated. But yep, unless you're a masochistic, theres absolutely no reason to run it. Most of your map pressure is instantly out the window

  • @MotherOfRaccoons said:

    Yup. Shroud of Separation should appear on survivor Bloodweb, and Shroud of Binding and Unity should be on killer Bloodweb. Currently, they are just wasted BP.

    100% agreed

  • @JustZed32 said:

    Ok, i mean, noone really cares but in its current state shroud of separation is not just useless - it gives you a huge disadvantage to early game - you lose time and power just because you cant pressure everyone at a time, by the time you get to one surv 3 gens would be done by half, when you down 3 gens would pop. . So as for me has to be reworked. Thoughts?

    It's only good for a mori bluff to hope for a disconnect, and it comes at a hefty price.

  • The Shroud Offerings in general are all bad for the roles they are available to.

    • Shroud of Separation hurts killer by spreading out survivors (giving them peak efficiency more easily).
    • Shroud of Binding and Shroud of Unity hurt the survivors by diminishing their initial efficiency, forcing them to spend time spreading out (or to work together and risk being interrupted en masse).
    • Vigo's Shroud has a high chance to backfire because of how default spawn mechanics work. The killer is usually aware that survivors will spawn in the corner of the map opposite where they spawned and will just beeline there immediately (putting the user of this Shroud in a more obvious starting location). If killer spawned in the middle of the map instead, then it was basically wasted by being unnecessary anyway.

    A rework for them would be great, but honestly I would be fine with them just being decommissioned. I haven't encountered anyone running a Shroud Offering in almost 2 years, so I'd rather just have them be replaced by different, more useful nodes in my bloodwebs.

  • @JustZed32 said:

    Ok, i mean, noone really cares but in its current state shroud of separation is not just useless - it gives you a huge disadvantage to early game - you lose time and power just because you cant pressure everyone at a time, by the time you get to one surv 3 gens would be done by half, when you down 3 gens would pop. . So as for me has to be reworked. Thoughts?

    Haven't used one in years. 3 survivors on seperate gens with one chased is suicide.

  • I brought one to a match recently and because it's a secret offering, 2 survivors disconnected after I downed them because they thought it was a mori. Fun times.

  • I had a game once where the killer brought a shroud. I thought it was a Mori, and played super carefully. He didn't get a hook until end game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1558822#Comment_1558822

    I’m not talking theoreticals here. This is a key strategy I do with Plague so I can infect the unblocked gens, or as Freddy while I set up Pallets, but it increases the probability I come across one of the survivors because of how spread out they are. 9/10 within seconds of moving I come across someone straight away, which addresses one of the key concerns with killers and early game: starting and ending your first chase.

    SoS on its own? Not so great.

    SoS + CI = Solid Gold.

    Try it for a few games and see how it averages out for you.

    I wish i could ._. Im just a very low rank killer who hasnt donated exept for buying the game.

    Well, you mean more like a sos + ci + plague. And here you are right