I am just nosy. I myself love playing survivors, just like playing killers. That said, it's way more interesting to me to watch killer streams than to watch a guy sitting on gens or totems 90% of the match XD
I find killer more interesting. Seeing what they do, how they use their power, what perks and add ons they use and how it all works together is really good. I just feel like I can learn more about how to play, and specifically how to play killers I don't do well at, from watching how others use them. Watching survivor tends to be watching someone follow the killer around with a torch and smol pp then running in circles for a long period of time, and either laughing as all their safety nets go off or blaming the game when the killer outplays them/counterplays their safety nets.
There's a lot more to learn seeing a good killer play than watching xXsUrViV0rMa1nXx spin rank 20 Billies and hold M1.
Yeah that's always the highlight of the stream, when they brag about what an insanely good match they had and it's cos they're in swf with a bunch of rank 20s to get a killer who barely knows which button swings the weapon.
Most survivor streamers are just SWF groups doing the clicky-clicky, tea-bagging and being toxic whenever possible. Give me a Killer streamer any time of the day.
This is probably because half the survivors I see nowadays have a .ttv in their name, and at least 1 in 3 games one of those ttvs will screech at me about how I slugged them as Infectious Myers or something
Killer streams are way more interesting. Survivor videos need some editing to skip the sitting on gens moments for example bc it can get kinda boring to watch lol
I watch both but Killer streams offer a lot more variety. Survivors are just skins, they all play the same. Killers, for the most part, all require a slightly different approach and that, for me, makes them more interesting to watch. I think my favorite streamer so far is Fungoose. He definitely takes an educational approach to the game, which is a godsend for those of us who are less experienced. Also, he doesn't talk slowly (a pet peeve of mine); win-win!
Like @CalamityJane said, you'll find a bunch of useless Survivor streams where they just follow the killer around all game. Interesting the first time you see it, not so much after that.
Killer is more entertaining. Survivor games spend a lot of time just sitting at a gen or healing or hiding. Killers are always actively doing something more interesting to watch.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I find killer more interesting. Seeing what they do, how they use their power, what perks and add ons they use and how it all works together is really good. I just feel like I can learn more about how to play, and specifically how to play killers I don't do well at, from watching how others use them. Watching survivor tends to be watching someone follow the killer around with a torch and smol pp then running in circles for a long period of time, and either laughing as all their safety nets go off or blaming the game when the killer outplays them/counterplays their safety nets.
That said, I don't watch a lot of streams.
There's a lot more to learn seeing a good killer play than watching xXsUrViV0rMa1nXx spin rank 20 Billies and hold M1.
Yeah that's always the highlight of the stream, when they brag about what an insanely good match they had and it's cos they're in swf with a bunch of rank 20s to get a killer who barely knows which button swings the weapon.
Most survivor streamers are just SWF groups doing the clicky-clicky, tea-bagging and being toxic whenever possible. Give me a Killer streamer any time of the day.
This is probably because half the survivors I see nowadays have a .ttv in their name, and at least 1 in 3 games one of those ttvs will screech at me about how I slugged them as Infectious Myers or something
Killer streams are way more interesting. Survivor videos need some editing to skip the sitting on gens moments for example bc it can get kinda boring to watch lol
I watch both but Killer streams offer a lot more variety. Survivors are just skins, they all play the same. Killers, for the most part, all require a slightly different approach and that, for me, makes them more interesting to watch. I think my favorite streamer so far is Fungoose. He definitely takes an educational approach to the game, which is a godsend for those of us who are less experienced. Also, he doesn't talk slowly (a pet peeve of mine); win-win!
Like @CalamityJane said, you'll find a bunch of useless Survivor streams where they just follow the killer around all game. Interesting the first time you see it, not so much after that.
Both are entertaining and can be helpful if you're new.
Killer is more entertaining. Survivor games spend a lot of time just sitting at a gen or healing or hiding. Killers are always actively doing something more interesting to watch.
For me it's more about the streamer playing and how they play; not which side they're playing.