Why do we groan and moan so hard over totems?

We are silent at generators. What up with dat?

Comments

  • The grunting working on totem always seemed so unnecessary. Cheryl saying "oof" while working on a totems cracks me up everytime. 😂

  • It's just to make things even easier for The Killer to find you. And also a great excuse for them to create a useless perk to address it. "Silent Sanitizer: cleanse totems without making any noise, successfully cleansing a totem results in you becoming te Obsession, your Aura is revealed to The Killer for 60s and you suffer from the Exposed Status Effect." OT but has totem cleansing animation changes?

  • Where did all you survivors gain the power to cleanse a hex anyway? Are you all shaman? Maybe you groan because your messing with Hexes and have no knowledge or experience in cleansing.

  • I mean, they're rubbing bones. Maybe it's just the excitement. I mean, it has to have been a while since... You know 😉

  • I don't know, but I love the cleansing sounds the survivors make!

    Feng sounds like a squeezy toy and samination's parody including it is so funny. Tapp though when he cleanses sounds like he should take a good amount of laxative...

  • @Nicholas said:

    It's just to make things even easier for The Killer to find you. And also a great excuse for them to create a useless perk to address it. "Silent Sanitizer: cleanse totems without making any noise, successfully cleansing a totem results in you becoming te Obsession, your Aura is revealed to The Killer for 60s and you suffer from the Exposed Status Effect." OT but has totem cleansing animation changes?

    You seem a little too butthurt over the fact that survivors make noises while cleansing totems.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I mean, they're rubbing bones. Maybe it's just the excitement. I mean, it has to have been a while since... You know 😉

    Maybe for Dwight. If these forums are any indication, David was getting it in the tall grass regularly. Though, it seems they might get bored with him as soon as Felix arrives. 😂

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1557197#Comment_1557197

    You seem a little too butthurt over the fact that survivors make noises while cleansing totems.

    I really don't care, I have wondered why but I do think it is to provide more opportunity for The Killer to locate you. It's also why we make so much noise rummaging through an empty chest with a blanket on the bottom and why we slam the chest shut after we already opened it! The perk was a joke.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1557364#Comment_1557364

    I really don't care, I have wondered why but I do think it is to provide more opportunity for The Killer to locate you. It's also why we make so much noise rummaging through an empty chest with a blanket on the bottom and why we slam the chest shut after we already opened it! The perk was a joke.

    Ok, then I apologize for misjudging.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1557217#Comment_1557217

    Maybe for Dwight. If these forums are any indication, David was getting it in the tall grass regularly. Though, it seems they might get bored with him as soon as Felix arrives. 😂

    Well I mean can you blame them? David's second best. #shirtlessFelix!

  • @bm33 said:

    The grunting working on totem always seemed so unnecessary. Cheryl saying "oof" while working on a totems cracks me up everytime. 😂

    oh my, i haven't noticed that. am stalking cheryls from now on :|

  • @Deathslinger said:

    Where did all you survivors gain the power to cleanse a hex anyway? Are you all shaman? Maybe you groan because your messing with Hexes and have no knowledge or experience in cleansing.

    Just kick it over and bam

  • You Gotta love the way people talk about Cleansing totems like we don’t have a choice half the time hex ruin will be up and as soon as some killers hear a gen they will not leave it majority of killers I come across 4 out of 5 will have noed The saddest Perk in the game for people Who cry when they can’t get a kill developers giving too much to killers and it’s sad because these people for lack of a better word are just trash maybe go play Fortnite that’s more your skill level if you rely on noed

  • @Buttercake said:

    We are silent at generators. What up with dat?

    I was sure you would like it. :o

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1557371#Comment_1557371

    Well I mean can you blame them? David's second best. #shirtlessFelix!

    I don't know. I'm a straight man so I don't look at David that way. Some Kate though, especially in some of those skins . . . . 😝

  • @bm33 said:

    The grunting working on totem always seemed so unnecessary. Cheryl saying "oof" while working on a totems cracks me up everytime. 😂

    I never noticed that. Must check it out.

  • Mate have you ever tried breaking apart a totem by only milking the air around it?

  • I understand that survivors take their time to break totems silently, but since devs add more wallhacks, survivors should be allowed to stomp totem and break it in 3s. Being careful is unnecesssry and dumb now.

  • @ghostps10 said:

    You Gotta love the way people talk about Cleansing totems like we don’t have a choice half the time hex ruin will be up and as soon as some killers hear a gen they will not leave it majority of killers I come across 4 out of 5 will have noed The saddest Perk in the game for people Who cry when they can’t get a kill developers giving too much to killers and it’s sad because these people for lack of a better word are just trash maybe go play Fortnite that’s more your skill level if you rely on noed

    NOED is niche. NOED is stronger if one or more survivor are already dead after all gen are done but beside that survivor can easily find and break the hex while someone else is being chase.

  • @Nicholas said:

    It's just to make things even easier for The Killer to find you. And also a great excuse for them to create a useless perk to address it. "Silent Sanitizer: cleanse totems without making any noise, successfully cleansing a totem results in you becoming te Obsession, your Aura is revealed to The Killer for 60s and you suffer from the Exposed Status Effect." OT but has totem cleansing animation changes?

    You're literally destroying their perks. It's a small disadvantage in light of that.

  • Actually, I don't think I've ever caught a survivor cleansing a totem because of the grunts. It's always the clickity clacks of breaking bones. I know I make sounds when I'm charging Inner Strength, I just never hear it as a killer.