Soooooo devs server side hit validation when?
I already had to deal with bad wifi killers with just xbox hut with crossplay now I get vpn users from China hitting me through windows.
It's very frustrating that you guys wont prioritize this because it really is a turn off getting downed after you fully land through a window let alone take steps.
Actually I wanna say that the fact that you take any steps and getting hit should of been fixed as soon as it started happening commonly especially because like is said before when you fully land after vaulting you are safe.
Point is devs take some time and improve survivor, and killer experience because sometimes it's possible for VPN survivor to ruin killer games.
Comments
They won't prioritize it? Please don't insult others about matters you know nothing about. Setting up something like that is extremely difficult to get done correctly, because if it is off by even just a fraction of a second it can utterly ruin a Killer's ability to even play the game. This is absolutely something they need to take their time with because it effects the core aspect of playing killer. I for one am glad they are taking their time with it.
No joke, I haven't been able to use my Dead Hard ONCE on the PTB because I get Exhausted on the Floor.
I'm so tired of this.
I can smell your Virtual Private Network from a country away.
Then you need to go get your nose checked because you have no sense of smell.
First things first, when you get an unfair hit as a survivor, this doesn't mean that the killer is automatically using a VPN.
This just means that the killer has a slow connection, which can be due to using a VPN, that's right, but that's not the only way of getting a slow connection.
They may be using WiFi, and they may be a little bit far away from their router. This also slows down their connection, which can be seen as "hacking".
In my opinion, people reporting these type of killers are just wasting their time, because you can't prove that the killer is using a VPN or not that easily. Only people at the technical department could do, checking at their public IPs and comparing them with known VPN server's IPs to see if they match or not. To do this, they must track data packages also, is not that easy. It can be done, definitely, but not easily.
Finally, I think that is not a big deal, because in the killer's end is not an instant win. When you have a slow connection as a killer you can't barely move sometimes, and to get unfair hits, the survivor needs to be really close. And to get close to the survivor, first you have to be able to freely move. Which is hard when you have a really slow connection.
Click on the Steam.
If their Steam says a different country AND their comment section has a couple of people using the country of Origin as well then you might have something.
I haven't reported these people, but I will try to get a response from a Mod.
Its very rare everyone in one of my games is from the same country, had a game earlier today where every single person was from a different country actually, do you really think most people use VPNs while playing this game?
It's extremely easy to VPN as a killer, almost every Anti-Virus software has it available. VPN has become popularly hated among streamers, so word catches on and more people start using it.
As a survivor, it's suicidal.
But again with your stating of look if theyre from a different country on steam, how does that work when theres not servers for each specific country.
Since crossplay started there is a big disparity in being able to judge where a killer even is. Hit validation fix is needed for this reason and all of the ones listed here.
Insulting others are you coming with me? I'm tired of getting unfair hits as survivor the fact that you think I'm "insulting" someone makes me suspect you use a vpn frequently but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
Also setting up a VPN is incredibly easy on pc simply download a free vpn move your location to a foreign country and enjoy your free hits. The game will be stable but you will be behind the server giving you unfair hits. The fact that you sont think they should prioritize this is disgusting.
I'll be super glad if they ever fix this bs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mdPO2AMUzx4j85Py4t4GCX-cwKO2nii8/view?usp=drivesdkCrossplay added more stress on the servers.
Somehow the fact that the current servers ruin the experience for survivors is of zero importance, but God forbid the Killer will miss one hit in a blue moon because of the system, right?
Survivors have had it unfair since day one. First they were subjected to The Killers connection, and let's be realistic that there was a segment of people that manipulated their networks to gain an advantage. It took them years to finally Implement dedicated servers and while that's a step in the right direction, it's still not a remedy for the advantage Killers get. Server-side validation might equalize things, but it depends on how far they go. I just hope it doesn't take them months more to start rolling it out. It's disappointing that so far this ptb isn't even testing it. And what's the holdup with the higher tick rate?
I watched that video several times for the cute Feng scream.
It's called geography my man if you're playing in the western US and get some dude from europe in your lobby he's obviously using a VPN.
1 how is that geometry, like at all? 2 If I'm in Ireland and getting people from Norway, Iceland, France,England,Scotland,etc I'm still getting people from different countries, however there's not set servers for each specific country, hence why I took issue with their claim that if theyre from a different country theyre using a VPN.
I want the 60-tick server fort the love of God BHVR just please turn them on.