Your thoughts for Chapter 17th

People are saying that the new killer sucks (perk wise) same as the survivor. Do you like there designs? I personally do, but they seem like a knockoff. We now have a male survivor.

Comments

  • @redhex45 said:

    People are saying that the new killer sucks (perk wise) same as the survivor. Do you like there designs? I personally do, but they seem like a knockoff. We now have a male survivor.

    Anyone that says the new killer perks suck is lying very heavily. Even the killers worst perk is still a solid perk.

    It looks visually amazing.

    I don't play male survivors often unless I have to so I probably won't buy him. All 3 of his perks are literally BS trash. The best one is still worse than Botany Knowledge

  • @redhex45 said:

    People are saying that the new killer sucks (perk wise) same as the survivor. Do you like there designs? I personally do, but they seem like a knockoff. We now have a male survivor.

    My impression is Meh; Underwhelmed at best. The Alchemist is such a cool concept and worse pinball Billy seems like wasted IP. The "graphical improvements" make scratch marks impossible to see (watched Otz's stream), and will likely come with a steep performance hit. This game is already severely in need of optimization. I would rather they work on that and bug fixes, but those don't print money.

  • I'm not a huge fan of the Blight's power right now. It seems janky and a little unoriginal but maybe with some tweaks it could be a lot of fun. Right now though, the hitboxes seem weird and the repetitive bonking gives me a headache.

    I haven't seen the much of the new survivor but from what I hear about his perks, I might skip buying him.

  • I'll give a quick review:

    Survivor: Felix looks great, I like Desperate Measures and will play with it, Visionary is great when you're down to 3 gens and can't for the life find the other two. If you're an item user and you have a perk slot in your build, using the item refresher is a no brainer.

    Killer: I don't like how he turns after using his power to slam into something, so it looks like you have to tap a wall with your shoulder and keep going from there. That said mobility is stupid powerful on a killer and I can see him being very, very strong. Blight with Spirit Fury/Enduring/Hex: Palletblock and Hex: Undying is a zoom of doom.

    New generators look neat, and I like the model updates on what I've seen so far. I'm so used to everything looking a certain way so until I get used to it stealth players will have a leg up on me.

    I'm looking forward to it!

  • I really like the new killer's power, although he definietly needs some tweaks and buffs. And Desperate Measures, the new survivor perk, can be paired up with botany and self care - you can heal yourself at nearly normal speed and heal others very quickly - definietly makes for a fun healer build

  • Only Dragons Grip is okay, people aren't thinking about the others will work in a practical sense;

    a. Undying- You can see they are by your totem, but giving up a perk slot for that little knowledge when survivors can just wait for you to be busy to cleanse is awful.

    b. Blood Favor- Blocks Nearby Pallets on hit. Sounds okay right? Well any half decent survivor is going to use the speed from getting hit to make as much distance as possible, nullifying the perk.

    As to power, hes honestly worse than Legion, and that is quite something.

  • Another dlc i won't buy. Survivor perks are useless.

  • Thoughts on New Killer: Can't try him for myself, but others have said he's difficult to control. Power seems to need some serious tweaks. A bit more control on the bounce. Especially since he's not an insta-down killer.

    Thoughts on New Killer Perks: Haunted Grounds for Generators is pretty awesome. Hex Replacement perk is one I've seen bounced around before, so it's outright amazing. Especially since it works with Ruin and Haunted grounds very well. Losing tokens makes sense for Devour Hope (Yikes if it didn't!) but for Huntress Lullaby... poor lullaby just stays pretty weak. Thrilling Tremors for Pallets is also pretty good. Solid perks all around.

    Thoughts on New Survivor: Ruggedly handsome eye candy. Still waiting for Aya Brea myself, though.

    Thoughts on New Survivor Perks: Deja Vu 2.0 seems useless except for newbies. Gens really aren't that hard to find, and Detective's Hunch is way better anyway. Self-Replinishing Items could be okay I guess if you use items a lot. Anti-Thanataphobia could use a slight buff of some sort. Unhooking action speed isn't a big deal. I wouldn't say repair speed, but maybe totem cleansing speed as well?