I want the sacrificial wards already

Comments

  • I love this so much, I've wanted new offerings (besides map ones) since 2016. This is so lovely.

  • Its kind of a waste of an offering because a map offering may not even be getting burned as there is no way to know. Plus you could end up going to a map you hate anyway. End up wishing you'd brought a blood point offering instead.

    This also works against killers, too. Stealth killers wanting indoor maps, Docs wanting the Game, or killers simply wanting an Autohaven or Mcmillan because the RNG has been giving them nothing but corn, Ormond, Haddonfield, or Red Forest for the last ten matches.

    The hatch offerings are nice though. Can give both sides an edge for end game.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Its kind of a waste of an offering because a map offering may not even be getting burned as there is no way to know. Plus you could end up going to a map you hate anyway.

    This also works against killers, too. Stealth killers wanting indoor maps, Docs wanting the Game, or killers simply wanting an Autohaven or Mcmillan because the RNG has been giving them nothing but corn, Ormond, Haddonfield, or Red Forest for the last ten matches.

    The hatch offerings are nice though. Can give both sides an edge for end game.

    as killer, i dont like to choose a map but i also dont like the chance that the survivors bring a really bad offering. this is amazing!

  • I really like that we're finally getting new offerings. Offerings are one of those game features that haven't been updated in years, beyond taking certain offerings out of rotation entirely.

  • I'm assuming the annotated blueprint offerings will be secret? This could be interesting for key matches and for making people less likely to DC immediately against a secret killer offering (since there would be multiple offerings that can be secret)


    However, with how killer sided the current hatch mechanic is (whether you want to believe it or not, the way hatch works now is undeniably killer sided), I hope there is something to compensate for difficult it will be to get hatch if you burned an annotated blueprint offering.

    I suppose that if it is a secret offering like I suspect it will be, it will be a true 50/50 for killer and survivor, so that actually wouldn't be too bad, but as it is, you have to wait a LONG time for the hatch to open as the last survivor gets sucked into the sky by the entity. If the offerings aren't secret, then the killer can just off the last person and be immediately ready to shut the hatch before it is even visible on the map.


    This could also be a really good little band aid for keys, too- if you see a key in your lobby, burn your offering and you'll have stronger tracking ability there and possibly be able to intercept a MASS KEY ESCAPE. You'll at least be able to immediately check shack or main landmark once the requirements for the hatch spawning are met.


    Very interesting offerings, the basement hook aura one is kind of weird, though. I don't really see the point of it as the basement isn't a huge deal unless you are up against Hag or Bubba LOL

    Not really a fan of the Sacrificial Ward, either. I probably won't play any map offerings unless I'm in a full SWF and I don't see that offering being much use to survivors as survivors either generally are more accepting of certain maps, or killers don't tend to play map offerings. (The only maps I really dislike going to are The Game and the Swamp maps)

  • Well, IMO there are 5 useless Offerings coming with the Patch. Not so bad for Killer, but more rubbish for Survivor Bloodwebs.

    The Hatch and Basement Offerings only really make sense when they are Secret IMO.

    And the Anti-Map Offering, since it is rare, it will be hard to get in the Bloodweb. And there is always the chance of burning a Map on your own. e.g. when the Survivors burn Coldwind, I can still burn Azarov to get on a good Map. But if I cancel the Coldwind-Offering, I might still end up on Coldwind, if I understand it correctly.