What is a chapter?

I know i’m gonna sound like a idiot when I ask this but I am a fairly new player so bear with me. I just bought the Shattered Bloodline chapter and I was wondering whats the point of buying chapters? What do you even do with a chapter?

Comments

  • It just means it comes with a killer and survivor. A paragraph means it only comes with a killer or survivor.

  • A chapter contains both one survivor and one killer some chapters include an exclusive cosmetic for that chapters characters or a charm. New chapters also include maps however the maps are free. The chapter you just got contains the survivor Adam Francis and The killer The spirit along with a exclusive shirt for adam.

  • I'm concerned that you decided to buy one without knowing what it was.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    I'm concerned that you decided to buy one without knowing what it was.

    It sounds like something that those who like to shop online always do.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    I'm concerned that you decided to buy one without knowing what it was.

    well i knew that i was getting a killer and a survivor. thats enough knowledge for me to want to buy it

  • @theman43 said:

    A chapter contains both one survivor and one killer some chapters include an exclusive cosmetic for that chapters characters or a charm. New chapters also include maps however the maps are free. The chapter you just got contains the survivor Adam Francis and The killer The spirit along with a exclusive shirt for adam.

    alright i see, thanks for informing me.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    I'm concerned that you decided to buy one without knowing what it was.

    if you’re not gonna answer my question then dont bother commenting since i never asked for your concerns

  • A chapter is just a killer and a survivor bundled together, and the survivor gets an exclusive (but usually insignificant) cosmetic.

    One more thing to note, a $6.99 for the chapter is slightly cheaper than buying the 2 characters individually. (sales are frequent so you can even get it cheaper than $6.99)

  • @NimaKh1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547287#Comment_1547287

    if you’re not gonna answer my question then dont bother commenting since i never asked for your concerns

    Geez dude, I didn't answer because multiple people already did. If you don't want people talking about your post them don't post on a public forum.

  • It's a dorky way of saying DLC. As an author I appreciate the dorkiness though.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547347#Comment_1547347

    Geez dude, I didn't answer because multiple people already did. If you don't want people talking about your post them don't post on a public forum.

    Maybe don’t be rude then

  • @theman43 said:

    A chapter contains both one survivor and one killer some chapters include an exclusive cosmetic for that chapters characters or a charm. New chapters also include maps however the maps are free. The chapter you just got contains the survivor Adam Francis and The killer The spirit along with a exclusive shirt for adam.

    ohh okay. thanks for letting me know!

  • Not every chapter contains a killer, survivor and map though. Ghostface was a chapter that only came with a killer. However other killers or survivors that came ‚alone‘ were called a paragraph, eg Leatherface, Ash. The naming is a little confusing. But that’s just a little side information and not important

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    It just means it comes with a killer and survivor. A paragraph means it only comes with a killer or survivor.

    Wrong. Ghostface was considered a chapter.