Question about cross-progression...

It is possible to include the mobile version on the cross-progression?

I'm a mobile player, and i was thinking about buying a pc exclusively to play DbD, but if this is not likely...

Comments

  • I dont think so since the mobile game have a completeley different unlock system etc.

  • no This is not very likely to come because the mobile version is handeled as a different game entirely and the progression is not similar between the two versions..

  • @Demonl3y said:

    I dont think so since the mobile game have a completeley different unlock system etc.

    How it is different? I have no ideia since i've never played the pc version, and i would like to know about it

  • @timewrangler said:

    It is possible to include the mobile version on the cross-progression?

    I'm a mobile player, and i was thinking about buying a pc exclusively to play DbD, but if this is not likely...

    I don't think so. Mobile is free, handles a completely different way of game progression and is developed by a different team.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If you switch to PC for DBD you'll have to start fresh from the beginning. There is no cross-progression between any platforms nor is there any plans for them right now.

    There are plans but not for mobile.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/183111/question-about-cross-progression

    I don't think so. Mobile is free, handles a completely different way of game progression and is developed by a different team.

    Well, it is free, but doesn't mean i should not pay for the pc version. Overall, it's sad, basically i wasted money when buying auric cells for mobile.

  • While it wouldn't be impossible, it's not something we're looking to do at the moment. The progression system on mobile is completely different from the core game so cross-progression wouldn't be such a good fit.

  • @Peanits said:

    While it wouldn't be impossible, it's not something we're looking to do at the moment. The progression system on mobile is completely different from the core game so cross-progression wouldn't be such a good fit.

    Wait so is console to pc cross progression in the works then?

  • @Peanits said:

    While it wouldn't be impossible, it's not something we're looking to do at the moment. The progression system on mobile is completely different from the core game so cross-progression wouldn't be such a good fit.

    Hi @Peanits do you have any update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One cross-progression please? Thank you.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1545557#Comment_1545557

    Hi @Peanits do you have any update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One cross-progression please? Thank you.

    PS4 Cross-Progression will probably come once I get all the perks unlocked for a second time -_-. If it comes at all. (Someone wanna give me 45 million bloodpoints to test this theory?)

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1545557#Comment_1545557

    Hi @Peanits do you have any update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One cross-progression please? Thank you.

    They are working on Cross-Progression for PC, Stadia, and Switch to ideally come out in September of this year. Other consoles and DbD mobile are not currently a possibility (at least based on what was stated in the linked article).

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/breaking-barriers-with-cross-play-and-cross-progression

    I would be interested to hear why cross-progression specifically involving Xbox and PlayStation isn't currently feasible, though I'd imagine it involves some kind of resistance from Sony and/or Microsoft or has to do with how information is tracked and stored for those consoles.

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1545557#Comment_1545557

    Wait so is console to pc cross progression in the works then?

    Cross-progression is confirmed to come to Steam, Stadia, and Switch starting in September. We'd like to bring it to other platforms as well, but that's still a work in progress.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1545576#Comment_1545576

    They are working on Cross-Progression for PC, Stadia, and Switch to ideally come out in September of this year. Other consoles and DbD mobile are not currently a possibility (at least based on what was stated in the linked article).

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/breaking-barriers-with-cross-play-and-cross-progression

    I would be interested to hear why cross-progression specifically involving Xbox and PlayStation isn't currently feasible, though I'd imagine it involves some kind of resistance from Sony and/or Microsoft or has to do with how information is tracked and stored for those consoles.

    Resistance on Sony and Microsoft's part I imagine since they said they don't know if it'll ever come or not.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1545564#Comment_1545564

    Cross-progression is confirmed to come to Steam, Stadia, and Switch starting in September. We'd like to bring it to other platforms as well, but that's still a work in progress.

    That's fine with me it just means I could by a pc to try it without having to worry about starting from scratch took me ages to get every single unlocked killer perk I have so far

  • It would be great if cross-progression becomes available on all platforms. I like the casual experience on my PlayStation 4. My friend let's me borrow his gaming laptop so I can play DBD on the go but I don't have many teachables unlocked PC (Steam).

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    It would be great if cross-progression becomes available on all platforms. I like the casual experience on my PlayStation 4. My friend let's me borrow his gaming laptop so I can play DBD on the go but I don't have many teachables unlocked PC (Steam).

    Yes! I have tendonitis, and playing only with two fingers on mobile isn't so pleasant. So, i was thinking about migrating to PC, where the playing form is thousand times more flexible, but thinking about losing every perk, evey character and etc just because i'm changing platforms is discouraging.