Add Confidential Mode - Hide Real usernames
Quite often I get matched with people with names I consider inappropriate. Like "leave me if you have small PP", dicksomething, virgindwight and so on. I don't want to see those names an I want those user names to be renamed on my game UI to something like "surv1", "surv2"... "killer". Please give me that option, like a checkbox in the settings "Hide real usernames".
Another aspect is when I am watching a popular killer streamer on twitch, they usually dodge lobies with "TTVs" in it. Just because some people from the killer community can go and offence those "TTVs", and "TTVs" would blame killer-streamer for that.
Another aspect is making and posting screenshots to DBD forum usually requires hiding the names. I know how to use paint for this, but I would rather enable "Hide real usernames" and won't do any editing.
Thank you
Comments
I honestly feel just about every game should have something like this nowadays, especially because streamers are as common as they are.
Even if a streamer themselves isn't some massive dickhead that encourages harassment of people they run into, individual viewers might decide to do some vigilante "justice" for example. If instead of some unique name that's easy to find it just said "Meg Thomas 1" or something that wouldn't be possible anymore.
Fall Guys on Steam has to disable names entirely for exactly this reason, if I recall correctly.
It wasn't just toxic names - they had a bug that allowed Steam players to add HTML/CSS to their usernames to change costume colors.