To people who use VPNs, why?
I'm genuinely surprised to the amount of people I see using them, and I can't help wonder, why?
There's nothing fun to rubberbanding back and forth as you vault a window, so I'm assuming you have your own reasons? Help me understand
Comments
To people who play an online game. Why do you think ppl are using a vpn suddenly? I'm asking you seriously. Why is this becoming a topic?
There's less killers right now so you might be matched with ppl around the world. There are already ppl complaining that it's going all over the place for some ppl.
Also to answer your question. The one thing that's been mentioned time and time again from near the beginning of dbd is that when queue times are long try a different region.
There are two reasons to use a VPN, the first and most often is because it allows you to have a smoother and often faster connection. The best way to think of it is a traffic shortcut, you could take the main highway or you could take this back road that you know about that cuts off 10min from your drive. The second reason is to ping into a server you otherwise wouldn't access normally, such as someone from China pinging into the west coast US. Normally with how the game works you can't ping into a server like this but a VPN is capable of tricking the server into thinking you are closer than you are by "changing" the IP address that the server sees. This is an extremely basic explanation from a tech perspective but that is the basic jist of what is happening. In short, the worse your connection as killer the easier it is to get hits you really shouldn't be getting, and that is the primary reason people VPN into servers they really have no business playing on, other people however use it to improve their connection to the server they always play on anyway, which is a good thing for everyone involved.
I not agree about easier hits. I not using vpn but I live far from server so I have ping 100+. So yes, sometimes game register hits when survivor managed to hide behind corner. But from killer's perspective it is absolutely normal hit. Not harder, not easier. It is harder for survivor to dodge this hits, maybe. But it doesn't mean easier hits for killers.
I'm just answering the OP's question, I said nothing about your reasoning for using a VPN (if you use one.)
As I said I don't use vpn. I just saying for killer it is not easier to hit target with a high ping. It doesn't make you aim better. If I could play with normal ping I would never make my ping higher because there is no advantage in having high ping. For killer there is no difference to play with high ping or low ping. So I wouldn't consider vpn use to get easier hits for killer as you said.
One small note: - VPN connections will NEVER be faster.
I'm connected to the closest server to me cause I get the sync error 112 if I do not use a vpn. :(
They don't get the chance to react to your ranged attack or to dead hard your lunge because they think they are safe around a corner. You also have a tendancy to hit through fully dropped pallets when you shouldn't
Yes it is an advantage no matter how you try to justify it.
Because if I don't use a vpn, i get error 112 and rank update errors and can't earn any bloodpoints. i'd rather have a bit of lag but be actually able to play the game.
"There are two reasons to use a VPN, the first and most often is because it allows you to have a smoother and often faster connection."
Faster... lmao. You clearly have no clue what VPN is and how it works.
It's my career field but okay friend, tell me how it works from your with all of your education and experience.