Stop Cross Play

Hi devs and people of the fog, the worst thing finally happened to dbd in consoles, PC players now can play with consoles... Thats really really bad and i tell you guys why first the "HACKERS" and second "PC rolls 60 FPS". I know cross play can help the matchmaking be more faster and all that but to be honest with you guys i prefer wait 10 minutes to find a lobby than stay 1 minute and find some PC hackers, i say this because i had some matches when i saw some PC players using speed boost and fast healing speed. I had to turn off the cross play because i didn t have fun at all. Devs despite the bugs that it's tradition in every chapter and after some incoming patches,can you plz for love of god. Stop thinking about the cross over idea... atleast for now... Lets be honest over here a little bit devs don t have 100% control of hackers and they don t even have any protection anti-cheat in their servers yet. I know is hard to have that kind of control against PC hackers, so why risk it in consoles... It was because the matchmaking time fix ? Plz try find other solution for it... Thats all...

Thank you dbd devs and community

See you all in the fog !

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Fnatic47 said:

    KIngFrost You can see a globe in their nicknames if they are playing on PC..

    LMAO! All this whining and complaining and you don’t even know! A globe icon doesn’t mean PC only. All players who are on a different platform than yours have the same globe icon. PC, Xbox, PS4, Switch all have the same icon. Sorry to say this but I think you’re lying about encountering that many hackers in a day. I bet you didn’t even encounter any. So many other users here already told you to just disable it and move on but you don’t seem to want to disable it, from what I can see you’d rather have it on and come back here after every other match complaining about “hackers”. Lol.


    How do I know the other players platforms? 

    Players that play on a different platform will have a logo identifying they are connecting from the cross-play feature but it will not specify which platform they are from. 

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/225-f-a-q-cross-play

  • Wdym? It's the one of the best things that happened to dbd (ps4 player btw) because it adds a challenge when console players go up against pc players and Idk what ur going through m8, no hackers have been found when I'm playing the game

  • @Fnatic47 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539732#Comment_1539732

    I am not complaining about a "hacker" i am WARNING that cross play should not be in consoles, atleast for now. The state of dbd experience in PC and consoles are not 100% equal. I will not even talk about the fact that they don t have a pure anti-cheat system.

    So if cross play isn't on console, what is cross play on? Pc and mobile only?

  • I just love that I can finally play with my friends, I'd be pissed if they disabled cross play

  • Man, this troll was hungry.

    You can disable crossplay if you don't want to use it. All that matters.

  • @Gcarrara said:

    At the moment you can only know if people you are facing/playing with are either from your platform, or not from your platform. There is no way to know for sure which specific platform they are from if they have the globe icons. Just wanted to clear this out. 👍️

    Would it be techn. possible or are there plans to show with an icon on which plattforms they play?

    Like for Steam, Windows, Xbox, PS4 and Switch instead of just guessing with the Globe Icon?

  • PS4 player here.

    Loving cross play.

    No hackers encountered.

    PC's running 60 FPS isn't the problem. Consoles running 5 FPS is. It doesn't matter what your opponent sees if YOU can't see.

  • @BassTram said:

    I think that as long as the option to turn off crossplay is there then there isn't a reason to get rid of it. If you don't want it turn it off. If you do want it then use it. The only issue I have playing in Xbox is that there isn't an effective way after the game to message the killer or any of your teammates if they are on a different consoles. So killers and survivors can do whatever they want and not have to worry about getting any salty messages or anything after their games

    Your last sentence sounds like heaven...

  • I've played killer and survivor since cross play went live and am finding it to be great so far. Matchs are much faster and now at an appropriate challenge level - no more rank 20 killer against purple and red survivors. I haven't noticed any cheating, or any advantage to another format (I'm on PS4).

    If you don't want to play cross play, just turn it off.

  • I'm closing this right here because all I'm seeing is arguments over which side is supposed to be better - everyone is supposed to be playing the same game. The Crossplay feature can be quite easily switched off for those that don't wish to play with other platforms, no need to really argue about who is better.

1 2 3 ›