Sincere thanks for crossplay, Devs :3
Crossplay is becoming the norm for any game with staying power.
Unifying the player base and providing everyone with new people to play with was an excellent move and will help further the lifespan of the game.
I am, personally, really happy to see this.
Comments
My expectations were a lot lower, I was expecting a buggy mess, maybe a slight improvement in queue times maybe even worse ones. My reticence was completely unfounded and this is by far the best thing I've seen them do since I started playing in late June during the anniversary event.
This is amazing. Great job.
It was a pleasant surprise, for sure.
I'm happy that you have also had a positive experience.
<3
This is a great milestone for the games health. You are absolutely correct that it will help keep the game active, especially in regions less populated like Oceania. I'm so happy to have lightning fast matchmaking in NZ.
I'm NA EST PC and day time queues are usually ~15+ minutes for killer, they're literally 10 seconds now. It's great.
I honestly don't care that much for cross-play (but it's great that it's in for the people that wanted it!). Cross-progression is what I'm really interested in. Hopefully that's the next step, as it shouldn't be too hard to convince Sony and Microsoft to allow cross-progression if they were fine with cross-play and cross-friends.
To me crossplay has 2 benefits:
Some time ago I created a twitter thread recording queue times as killer + time of the day (note that I'm from Spain). This thread is a bit "outdated" because I just started tweeting againg since the MMR system came out. I just added like 2 or 3 new tweets tho.
But still, comparing the whole list and the newest tweets, you can see that actually there has been a change in time.
I'm really happy about this, because long queue times were certainly an issue in this game. Sometimes I literally had to wait 15 minutes to get a match, was awful.
And lastly about easier matches you know, when you play on PC like me and you find 2 or 3 console players you are happy. Is not fair but hey, I had to suffer in the past a lot getting the whole time red rank survivor SWFs in the game. I think this is called "karma".
Some of my matches I'm destroying people, other games I'm getting stomped, others it's a close call either way.
I'm really enjoying it though, as queues are a bit better and the matches aren't all identical.
The system feels pretty good with the queue times and the inability to cross-play chat is really nice too.
I think it's also way better for onboarding, as it gives new/returning people a chance to jump right back in after a win/loss to figure the game out instead of waiting 5ever for a requeue.