Adding proximity voice chat

will they ever add a proximity chat for survivors who solo queue?

I think it would be a nice idea for the solo queues to make sure they don't struggle and wonder if anyone has ever mentioned this before.

Also will killer mains cry about it like they do against swf cause of communication?

Comments

  • They say they won't because people with different languages play their game ๐Ÿ™„, but that's what dedicated servers are for. Honestly imo they are just too lazy, and don't want to give solo the same advantages as SWF - so they will come up with every excuse not to implement the only thing that would close the gap between solo and SWF. Voice Chat.

    Sure proximity chat wouldn't be as good as SWF, but it would be cool and still fit the games aesthetic and atmosphere.

  • The Killers will riot.

  • @Unicorn said:

    The Killers will riot.

    Lol they cry about everything, Idk why tbh. I play killer mainly before they start attacking me, just gonna throw that out there.

  • @TheButcher said:

    They say they won't because people with different languages play their game ๐Ÿ™„, but that's what dedicated servers are for. Honestly imo they are just too lazy, and don't want to give solo the same advantages as SWF - so they will come up with every excuse not to implement the only thing that would close the gap between solo and SWF. Voice Chat.

    Sure proximity chat wouldn't be as good as SWF, but it would be cool and still fit the games aesthetic and atmosphere.

    Yeah, the language barrier is a lazy excuse. Hey, people with different languages play Overwatch, especially if you're on EU servers, and it has voice chat.

  • @Unicorn said:

    The Killers will riot.

    I wouldnt, as long as they buff killer or increase gen times, or add a second objective. I think voice chat is the only way to achieve a good balance in this game.

    @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1524423#Comment_1524423

    Yeah, the language barrier is a lazy excuse. Hey, people with different languages play Overwatch, especially if you're on EU servers, and it has voice chat.

    I've been online gaming since before voice chat and this was always an issue, never stopped them

  • @AestheticCharms said:

    will they ever add a proximity chat for survivors who solo queue?

    I think it would be a nice idea for the solo queues to make sure they don't struggle and wonder if anyone has ever mentioned this before.

    Also will killer mains cry about it like they do against swf cause of communication?

    As a killer I wouldn't complain asking as I could hear them if I was in range to do so. They could hear me as well.

  • I am not even kidding when I say that I would quit the game if this happened.


    Can you imagine being able to HEAR the toxic Nea 4-man who are flashlight spamming you all game?

    One of many examples of how this would be TERRIBLE.

  • @AestheticCharms said:

    will they ever add a proximity chat for survivors who solo queue?

    I think it would be a nice idea for the solo queues to make sure they don't struggle and wonder if anyone has ever mentioned this before.

    Also will killer mains cry about it like they do against swf cause of communication?

    I mean it would be about as boring as Friday the 13th. Provided I can turn it off i wouldn't mind though.

  • Oh dear god no! No.... Just no. I'd never play survivor again!

  • Sure why not that way i can hear ######### music and actually be called every bad word and racial slur in the book.

  • See, yes this would probably be the most toxic game of all time if they did add voice chat, but they can just add an option to have it turned off if you don't feel like being yelled at.

  • I wouldn't mind it being added in the game for sure, but as long as it also came with the option to mute it since I don't really enjoy hearing a 12 year old raging at me down mic because they're losing.

  • @AestheticCharms said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1524424#Comment_1524424

    Lol they cry about everything, Idk why tbh. I play killer mainly before they start attacking me, just gonna throw that out there.

    It is a massive potential buff that brings solo que to the level of 4-person SWF, so... Yeah. Maybe if you played killer against decent survivors you would shed that "killers are crybabies" mentality.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1524427#Comment_1524427

    It is a massive potential buff that brings solo que to the level of 4-person SWF, so... Yeah. Maybe if you played killer against decent survivors you would shed that "killers are crybabies" mentality.

    Na too bad I'm too good.

  • Friday the 13th already proven that voice chat in this kind of game is an awful idea, it just brings unecessary toxicity into the trial.

  • Yes, also I'm sure people with bad mics will have the ZZZZZZZ sounds so that will actually make the Killer have some advantage xD

  • @handfulofrain said:

    I am not even kidding when I say that I would quit the game if this happened.

    Can you imagine being able to HEAR the toxic Nea 4-man who are flashlight spamming you all game?

    One of many examples of how this would be TERRIBLE.

    I imagine that the Killer wouldn't be able to hear the voices of the survivors, either that or have the option to mute it. Same with survivors, would have the option to mute it, or mute specific people.

  • @Veen said:

    Friday the 13th already proven that voice chat in this kind of game is an awful idea, it just brings unecessary toxicity into the trial.

    that's not the game though, it's the people.