Pyramid Head's Power
So I have been playing pyramid head a lot and I am having a fun time with him even if my games aren't successful. I made this thread because I want to know how much in terms of calculation can he do, such as how long does his trails last for by default. Also what are the durations for his add ons, such as how many extra seconds does it give or whatnot. For those people who want to help me or give tips on how to play him in certain maps or in general, please feel free to leave some feedback, I would definitely appreciate it.
Comments
The DBD wiki has a lot of useful info for your calculations. For Tips I dont really know I dont play him that often but I would say try blocking areas that survivors might try to run to before getting into chases.
Ah forgot about that method I appreciate it. Ima check out that site then.
This,
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Pyramid_HeadShould have the answer to everything you need calculation wise.
In terms of tips to play him, here are some:
I'd reccomend this build on him:
Although IF can be swapped out for Nurse's I feel like IF is much better. I'm All Ears is practically the best perk in the game on him due to wallhacks, enabling so many fancy POTD shots. PGTW is still the best killer perk in the game IMO and BBQ gives information and double bloodpoints :D
In terms of add-ons, I'd suggest Spearhead and Forgotten Videotape (or the upgraded versions, Tablet of the Oppressor and Valteil Sect Photograph). These increase the duration of Rites of Judgement (Spearhead and Tablet) and the reacharge rate (Videotape and Photograph). Alternatively you could always use double range (Wax Doll, Burning Man Photo) but I prefer the others.
Best of luck man; if I think of some more tips I'll send them here.
Thanks man - this is some good info. Been my main since release but even I got some info out out it.
Thanks man I appreciate it so much. You gave me a lot of powerful information to work with. I usually run brutal on him because I am bad with his POTD. I will definitely try out those things you mentioned.
No worries to both of you- I've been playing him a bunch recently and he's so much fun to use :D
Though @Psychobeastz it's kinda funny how you shouldnt break pallets due to the animation lock and you've been running BS lmfao
I like to dot his trail on singular tiles, like in between pallets, window vaults, doorways on indoor maps. Most of the time, someone will run into it. Trail the shack if they intend to loop it, they'll either leave or be forced to be tormented. Other than that, as above don't use your ranged attack unless they're in an animation or you're certain you can hit it.
I run Surveillance, Ruin, Discordance and Infectious Fright. - Mostly for the best possible start and mid game, just pray ruin lasts a while, Though you can always switch it out for pop or surge. Either way, try and force a 3-gen on one side of the map, if you lose ruin you can still pressure somewhat.
You still play him? Nice.
From the cage nerf i haven't see any PH.
The cage tunnel was strong.
One thing a lot of people don't quite know how to use well are the trails. A lot of Killers just carve long, unbroken trails wherever it so well pleases them. This is an extremely inefficient use of your power. Here's some tips to maximize the effectiveness of your trails.
When it comes to Torment, there's some things people underestimate about it, and some things people overestimate about it. They certainly save time, but not always, and depending on the location of other Survivors, caging someone might take away your pressure as opposed to giving you more of it. Here's some ideas on when best to cage someone.
Last but not least, Punishment of the Damned. For brevity's sake, we'll just be calling it a shockwave. The shockwave on paper is extremely good, but in practice, the devs have implemented an egregious number of limitations and telegraphs on its use, making it constantly and incredibly obvious what Pyramid Head is doing. It has an audiovisual telegraph at the start of the animation, an audiovisual telegraph at the end of the animation, the Survivors can hear your sword in the ground when you're moving with it ready, and when you finally attack, PH still takes a bit to pull the sword back and then thrust it forward to then send the shockwave out, making a lot of noise in the process.
Oh yeah and it also tells Survivors exactly where they need to avoid if they don't want to take damage.
All these limitations, combined with the insanely long cooldown if you miss, make the shockwave a very risky attack. Because of this, people prefer to "zone" as PH: Because he still moves considerably faster than a Survivor while channeling a shockwave, and has the ability to lunge straight out of it if you time your M1 right (sometimes referred to as the "Pyramid Head tech"), it's very effective to plant your sword in the ground and make the Survivor think you're going to use your shockwave, but instead go into an M1. However, you have no choice but to balance the two out to play optimally: A good Survivor will see you're never using your shockwave, and they'll stop taking the bait. You need to use your shockwave as well to make yourself less predictable. Zoning is piss easy, but learning to consistently hit shockwaves is, in my opinion, one of the hardest things you can master as a Killer.
And at the end of it all, you have this to look forward to: If you master your shockwave... I mean, it goes through walls. I don't need to say much else, really. You're basically a short-range Nurse with 115 speed. But this will take a lot of time—I myself am still far, far away from hitting this point. Don't get discouraged if you can't hit them well at all. You'll need to devote a lot of time and effort, even if stops you from winning that match. Hell, sometimes if I'm winning, I will throw the game away by never using my M1 and practicing hitting shockwaves on the last 2 Survivors. I gotta practice whenever and wherever I can.
That's his power. What Perks would I recommend on PH, though? Well, I'm still trying to figure out what best works with his power, what best compliments his strengths and covers up his weaknesses, but so far here are my suggestions.
Wow that is very impressive. Personally I usually chase survivors with my knife in the ground just to make them think twice or hope they are a potato. You sir have given me new possibilities and scenarios to efficiently play a killer like him. As you say he is a map manipulation killer, so perks that give info or slow down the progress of the survivors are highly beneficial to him. I am still trying to get every perks on him, so it's going to take a while, but eventually I will get there. I noticed an issue not sure its intentional or part of the game, but in one of wraith's map with the broken bus I used my power outside of the bus when the survivor ran inside. The power only reached up to the front of the bus and just stopped. The distance war around 4-6 meters so I guess certain objects with a level cancels your shockwave I guess.
If the shockwave runs into uneven ground or off a drop, it stops. This also means you can't use it on stairs.