Clown builds?

@DudeDelicious, What are some good clown builds?

Comments

  • select another killer

  • I'm not DudeDelicious but I too am a Clown main.

    For addons (if you don't count the pinky finger) the flask of bleach is the best addon on Clown, use it if you have it. It slows down survivors more which is nice. Another really good addon is the Starling Feather which decreases the cooldown you have between your throws, making yourself get slowed down less. ANOTHER very good addon is the Thick Cork Stopper. You can use it too. Most of Clown's addons are quite good (except the ones where you speed up yourself when you are reloading, don't EVER touch them).

    An underrated addon is the middle finger. It's actually really good for mindgames, its basically an I'm All Ears but for your bottles. The Solvent Jug is really good but it'll probably be reworked at some point because its very outdated so don't get used to it. The Sulfurid Acid Vial is really bad, just use Sloppy Butcher if you want people to be Mangled. The addons which expand the gas area are decent, you can use 'em too. The ones that increase the intoxicated effect duration are good, especially when combo'd with the Flask of Bleach.

    Overall, if you don't count the pink addons you should use the Flask of Bleach with the addons I talked about above (except the bad ones, of course).

    For perks, I'm going to list some perks that are useful on him.

    • Brutal Strength
    • Pop Goes the Weasel
    • Thrilling Tremors
    • BBQ&Chili
    • STBFL
    • Sloppy Butcher

    and all the other generally good perks (Enduring, Nurse's Calling, Whispers etc.)

    Edit : I forgot to mention Surge, its a really good perk especially for Clown who (if playing against a decent SWF team) doesn't have time to kick a gen. Hex : Ruin + Surveillance is good on every killer (if you can protect your hex totems) but its really good on Clown who can end chases fast but struggles to find survivors without tracking perks.

  • @Erk said:

    I'm not DudeDelicious but I too am a Clown main.

    For addons (if you don't count the pinky finger) the flask of bleach is the best addon on Clown, use it if you have it. It slows down survivors more which is nice. Another really good addon is the Starling Feather which decreases the cooldown you have between your throws, making yourself get slowed down less. ANOTHER very good addon is the Thick Cork Stopper. You can use it too. Most of Clown's addons are quite good (except the ones where you speed up yourself when you are reloading, don't EVER touch them).

    An underrated addon is the middle finger. It's actually really good for mindgames, its basically an I'm All Ears but for your bottles. The Solvent Jug is really good but it'll probably be reworked at some point because its very outdated so don't get used to it. The Sulfurid Acid Vial is really bad, just use Sloppy Butcher if you want people to be Mangled. The addons which expand the gas area are decent, you can use 'em too. The ones that increase the intoxicated effect duration are good, especially when combo'd with the Flask of Bleach.

    Overall, if you don't count the pink addons you should use the Flask of Bleach with the addons I talked about above (except the bad ones, of course).

    For perks, I'm going to list some perks that are useful on him.

    • Brutal Strength
    • Pop Goes the Weasel
    • Thrilling Tremors
    • BBQ&Chili
    • STBFL
    • Sloppy Butcher

    and all the other generally good perks (Enduring, Nurse's Calling, Whispers etc.)

    Edit : I forgot to mention Surge, its a really good perk especially for Clown who (if playing against a decent SWF team) doesn't have time to kick a gen. Hex : Ruin + Surveillance is good on every killer (if you can protect your hex totems) but its really good on Clown who can end chases fast but struggles to find survivors without tracking perks.

    I use flask and %15 and it works like a charm

  • Ether 15 vol % is a very good add on. Its one of my favorites. It increases the intoxication duration. Basically survivors are intoxicated longer which makes them slower for longer. Im personally not a fan of any of the pinky fingers. Red head pinky finger allows you to one shot survivors but u have to hit them directly on their body. Which can be hard to do since many survivors bob and weave anyway. Id rather mind game.

    Brutal strength is very good with the Ether 15 vol %. If a survivor throws a pallet ill throw a a bottle at them or around them over the thrown pallet or ill throw it at them if I anticipate them to throw the pallet sometimes even make them throw the pallet. so while their intoxicated I'm breaking the ballet with brutal but they don't make it very far because their slowed down and can't make too much distance cuz of the intoxication.

  • Yeah, thats what I am talking about, good luck on your games man, Clown might be the worst killer in the game but you can still make him work !

  • Real build

    The problem with clown is map control, is no bad ad loop but no so good.

    perks:

    corrupt intervention

    PGTW

    STBFL

    optinal:

    bamboozle

    Brutal S

    Add-ons : ether , solvent jug, flask of bleach

    Strategy:


    The idea is not to play all over the map, look for an area that you can defend and defend the generators there. Corrupt intervention helps in the early game, play 3 gen strart and clean pallets in the sector. Use the bottles to guide the survivors to the dead zones.

  • @C_Frank said:

    Real build

    The problem with clown is map control, is no bad ad loop but no so good.

    perks:

    corrupt intervention

    PGTW

    STBFL

    optinal:

    bamboozle

    Brutal S

    Add-ons : ether , solvent jug, flask of bleach

    Strategy:

    The idea is not to play all over the map, look for an area that you can defend and defend the generators there. Corrupt intervention helps in the early game, play 3 gen strart and clean pallets in the sector. Use the bottles to guide the survivors to the dead zones.

    Will do. Thank you!

  • Anti gen perks. Surge, pop, surveillance and STBFL to aid in chases.

  • I've been pretty much playing only clown for the past week 5-7 days and otz's suggested build had perks that had their value come out everytime.

    The build:

    • Discordance

    • Pop goes the weasel

    • Surge

    • Save the best for the last

    Save the best for the last is a MUST on clown, it helps him become super aggressive and gives him the lethality he needs.

    You down someone, surge affects nearby gens, and then you go pop the slightly further gens, or even the same gens if someone came over and tapped them.

    Discordance is WONDERFUL early game, and throughout the game if survivors feel like they need to get a gen done SUPER QUICK this will notify you, and you SHOULD almost always drop a chase for a discordance notification nearby.

  • save the best for last is a must

    pop goes the weasal

    information perk(i like discordance)

    im all ears(unless you have that finger addon that does it better)

    spirit fury helps alot + enduring if you have space

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Because I believe it’s important for Clown players to learn how to end chases fast, and get into fresh chases as quickly as possible (because this is where Clowns pressure truly lays), it’s incredibly important to learn how to track and quickly find survivors.

    If this is something you struggle with then I’d recommend using whatever tracking perks you have access to. Whispers & Spies are better than what most players give credit to.

    Even when you get really good at hunting/tracking it’s still perfectly fine to stick with tracking perks. For the longest time I ran Coulrophobia, Distressing, Sloppy, and Bloodhound.

    • Difficult healing
    • area control (some injured survivors will move out of the debuff zone)
    • easy tracking of injured survivors.

    I now almost exclusively stick to anti heal builds because I’m of the frame of mind that with Clown already good at chases as he is, then it’s very dangerous for survivors to stay injured against him, thus I want to keep them injured for even faster chases.

    My current favourite build is either Thana or Nurses, then Coulrophobia, Deathbound, Forced Penance, Sulphuric Vial, fourth add on is free choice. If I run out of Sulphuric Vial I replace Thana/Nurses with Sloppy. It’s been a very successful build for me and stalls the game immensely because the survivors are so frequently distracted with saves, and eventually reaching a point they’re far too desperate trying to heal because they’re tired of being one shot downed so quickly, or go into full skittish stealth mode if they can’t heal.

    I’ve also experimented with Mindbreaker, Blood Echo, Ruin or Forced Penance, Coulrophobia, Sulphuric Vial, Solvent Jug. It’s basically an exhaustion build. I see exhaustion perks across pretty much all games, so this build removes their ability to use them for most of the match.

    • so I keep them injured where possible.
    • Thus keeping them exhausted where possible.
    • If I use Ruin then I attempt to keep gens under 50% wherever possible.

    This has has also been a very successful build for me.

    Will use. Thanks!

  • my fear of clowns is begging you to pick someone else lmao

  • BBQ, pop, nurses, and unrelenting ☺️

    BBQ and pop synergize well to slow down gens, nurses is just good meta all around, and unrelenting because clown is built like a T-rex, he has a small reach (tiny arms +tiny knife+ big belly) and he needs a quick m1 cool down to compensate.

    His add-ons don't make a huge difference once you've gotten his throws down.

    I only reload once I've put someone in a hook and while I'm scoping with BBQ activated.

    Use his potions to steer survivors where you want them, to end chases quickly by hitting them with them while in certain loops, and to punish survivors for using vaults and pallets by throwing potions where they'll end up landing their vaults.

    Have fun!