Can we please have an ETA on the clown buff?

Comments

  • They said in a recent Q&A that Clown was doing fine and people just didn't know how to play him correctly.

  • Didnt clown get buffed recently?

  • You can only expect a clown buff after every other killer in the game has their addons standardized. Probably after graphics update if you ask me.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    They said in a recent Q&A that Clown was doing fine and people just didn't know how to play him correctly.

    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520277#Comment_1520277

    As a seasoned Clown main myself I can confirm they’re 100% right.

    When I’m survivor against Clown, or watch streamers playing Clown, many of them do not play him correctly at all. The perception that Clown is weak stems from many players not understanding what you’re supposed to do with the bottles.

    I still fail to see how differently you can play "throw bottles in the path of survivors and M1".

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520277#Comment_1520277

    As a seasoned Clown main myself I can confirm they’re 100% right.

    When I’m survivor against Clown, or watch streamers playing Clown, many of them do not play him correctly at all. The perception that Clown is weak stems from many players not understanding what you’re supposed to do with the bottles.

    Dowsey and otzdarva have done several videos demonstrating his proper use, and it really isn't rocket science because clown doesn't have a huge skill ceiling.

    Most importantly learn that the bottle is an arc and not a straight line throw

    Throw/Gas bottle techniques (the ones i remember):

    • Throw a bottle at one side of the loop, push the survivor into it from the other side.

    • Throw a bottle at a vertically high position attempting to cover an important position of a loop, such as the connection between a pallet and a window at a jungle gym. Or just throw 2 of them really

    • Bring brutal (optional but recommended), force a pallet drop, zone survivor, throw bottle to slow down, break pallet and you almost have a free hit.

    • Bottle in direction survivor sprinting, hit with save the best for last, slowdown to them plus your faster recovery = quick down.


    And yet if you observe any tier lists that exist even after his minor buff, he would still be the WORST out of all killers.

    I really don't want to see the "oooo because streamer X said clown bad = clown bad? no i play clown and im good = clown good"

    But these many streamers have hours and hours sunk into this game, and if you look at the character generally he has 0 mobility, he has to reload his ability in which he's slowed down IMMENSELY, his ability compared to other chase shutters takes way too long to do its job, and obviously he has no secondary ability.

    He's in desperate need of help.

  • @Zeus said:

    You can only expect a clown buff after every other killer in the game has their addons standardized. Probably after graphics update if you ask me.

    gonna need it after the graphics update, some people told me that clown was crashing them or tanking their fps with his clouds lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520277#Comment_1520277

    As a seasoned Clown main myself I can confirm they’re 100% right.

    When I’m survivor against Clown, or watch streamers playing Clown, many of them do not play him correctly at all. The perception that Clown is weak stems from many players not understanding what you’re supposed to do with the bottles.

    I think that Clown is a good Killer in the right hands, I don't think he needs a complete rework, just a slight addon pass and shorten his reload, it's painfully long.

    Also he could get rewarded more for hitting Survivors with his bottles. (Not just increased blurred vision)

  • Survivors should suffer from the OP haemorrhage status effect when hit by the bottle, and that would fix him.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    Survivors should suffer from the OP haemorrhage status effect when hit by the bottle, and that would fix him.

    sounds like bhvr

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520326#Comment_1520326

    I think that Clown is a good Killer in the right hands, I don't think he needs a complete rework, just a slight addon pass and shorten his reload, it's painfully long.

    Also he could get rewarded more for hitting Survivors with his bottles. (Not just increased blurred vision)

    His add-ons are actually all well designed, I fail to find one that doesn't benefit him / or that is ridiculously done.

    It's him at base, he isn't good enough in the red ranks.

  • Actually, scratch that, it would be too easy to apply a status effect as OP as haemorrhage. As you have said before, you have to turn 30 degrees east of the moon, swing and then you can throw the bottle to apply haemorrhage.

  • @slim0b said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520456#Comment_1520456

    His add-ons are actually all well designed, I fail to find one that doesn't benefit him / or that is ridiculously done.

    It's him at base, he isn't good enough in the red ranks.

    The Redhead's Pinky Finger is really problematic addon, on the level of Iri Head, maybe even higher, but people don't complain about it much because nobody plays the Clown, and if they do not much Clowns play this addon, also the exhaustion addon should get reworked.

    But his addons are mostly good. That's why only a small addon pass.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520277#Comment_1520277

    As a seasoned Clown main myself I can confirm they’re 100% right.

    When I’m survivor against Clown, or watch streamers playing Clown, many of them do not play him correctly at all. The perception that Clown is weak stems from many players not understanding what you’re supposed to do with the bottles.

    Did you ever put out your Clown video?

    I'd be interested to see the secret knowledge in action.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520326#Comment_1520326

    Did you ever put out your Clown video?

    I'd be interested to see the secret knowledge in action.

    ^^

  • Doesn't need a buff. He's already annoying and strong at ending chases faster than most killers

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520502#Comment_1520502

    If you could link directly to his Clown tutorial or a video that uses the secret Clown tech, I'd be much obliged.

    He is making a tutorial, but you can see his technique in all of his clown videos.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520506#Comment_1520506

    He is making a tutorial, but you can see his technique in all of his clown videos.

    I just watched the most recent Clown match and, without commenting on anything else, didn't really see anything I'd consider "secret" tech.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    Doesn't need a buff. He's already annoying and strong at ending chases faster than most killers

    Annoying ≠ Strong.

    And no in fact he isn't strong at ending chases than most killers.

    Spirit, Hag, Pyramid Head, Huntress, Nurse, Oni, Deathslinger all end chases faster than him.

    Doc and Freddy end chases at his same level, doc probably even faster.


    @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520509#Comment_1520509

    I just watched the most recent Clown match and, without commenting on anything else, didn't really see anything I'd consider "secret" tech.

    Yeah same.


    Cheers for the early reply 2nd.

    After watching @DudeDelicious's clown videos, it appears that he's playing the game at a mediocre level for the most part, and from watching all the videos here's the ranks he went against and count. I observed all 13 matches of clown he had uploaded, here were the ranks

    Yellow Ranks - 16 players

    Green Ranks - 16 players

    Purple Ranks - 12 Players

    Red Ranks - 8 Players

    Exact match ranks version below

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    G = Green ranked

    Y = Yellow Ranked

    P = Purple Ranked

    R = Red ranked

    GGGY

    YYYY

    GGPP

    YYGP

    YYYY

    YGGG

    GGGP

    RYPP

    RRPY

    GPPY

    GGGY

    RRRR

    PPPR


    And when he went against 4 red ranks for the only video, it was on hawkins with a 3k, and hawkins is heaven for any killer that isnt nurse.

    As for the techniques used in the videos there wasnt anything special, just bottle one side push other side etc..

    My point is, for me and many other killers who goes against red ranks every single match, he's simply not viable. There's a reason the community and content creators who have dumped hours into this game think he's the weakest killer of all, he's lacking.

  • @slim0b said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520505#Comment_1520505

    Annoying ≠ Strong.

    And no in fact he isn't strong at ending chases than most killers.

    Spirit, Hag, Pyramid Head, Huntress, Nurse, Oni, Deathslinger all end chases faster than him.

    Doc and Freddy end chases at his same level, doc probably even faster.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520539#Comment_1520539

    Yeah same.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520502#Comment_1520502

    Cheers for the early reply 2nd.

    After watching @DudeDelicious's clown videos, it appears that he's playing the game at a mediocre level for the most part, and from watching all the videos here's the ranks he went against and count. I observed all 13 matches of clown he had uploaded, here were the ranks

    Yellow Ranks - 16 players

    Green Ranks - 16 players

    Purple Ranks - 12 Players

    Red Ranks - 8 Players

    Exact match ranks version below

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲ ▼

    G = Green ranked

    Y = Yellow Ranked

    P = Purple Ranked

    R = Red ranked

    GGGY

    YYYY

    GGPP

    YYGP

    YYYY

    YGGG

    GGGP

    RYPP

    RRPY

    GPPY

    GGGY

    RRRR

    PPPR

    And when he went against 4 red ranks for the only video, it was on hawkins with a 3k, and hawkins is heaven for any killer that isnt nurse.

    As for the techniques used in the videos there wasnt anything special, just bottle one side push other side etc..

    My point is, for me and many other killers who goes against red ranks every single match, he's simply not viable. There's a reason the community and content creators who have dumped hours into this game think he's the weakest killer of all, he's lacking.

    I can keep Hag, Oni, Doctor, and Freddy in a chase much longer than a Clown.

    When Hag places traps on a loop, you just use that time to run to the next loop or pallet

    Oni is only an except when he has his power active. Otherwise, he's a regular m1 killer in a chase and is not better than clown.

    Freddy's blood pools are a joke and I'm much for afraid of fake pallet Freddy than the blood pool one.

    Doctor.... it really depends on where you're trying to loop him and how well you can time your vaults or pallet drops around his shocks.

    But none of them have the literally ability to slow your character down and blurry your vision and stop you from even making it to the next loop

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520554#Comment_1520554

    I can keep Hag, Oni, Doctor, and Freddy in a chase much longer than a Clown.

    When Hag places traps on a loop, you just use that time to run to the next loop or pallet

    Oni is only an except when he has his power active. Otherwise, he's a regular m1 killer in a chase and is not better than clown.

    Freddy's blood pools are a joke and I'm much for afraid of fake pallet Freddy than the blood pool one.

    Doctor.... it really depends on where you're trying to loop him and how well you can time your vaults or pallet drops around his shocks.

    But none of them have the literally ability to slow your character down and blurry your vision and stop you from even making it to the next loop

    What do all those killers have in common? A second ability or a different way to use it outside of chase.

    Hag: too much to say, radar, tracking etc.

    Oni: mobility (in his power).

    Freddy: generator teleport.

    Doctor: tracking.

    Clown has no secondary ability to allow him to pressure the map, just a strong chase ability that is easily countered by pre dropping pallets.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520554#Comment_1520554

    I can keep Hag, Oni, Doctor, and Freddy in a chase much longer than a Clown.

    When Hag places traps on a loop, you just use that time to run to the next loop or pallet

    Oni is only an except when he has his power active. Otherwise, he's a regular m1 killer in a chase and is not better than clown.

    Freddy's blood pools are a joke and I'm much for afraid of fake pallet Freddy than the blood pool one.

    Doctor.... it really depends on where you're trying to loop him and how well you can time your vaults or pallet drops around his shocks.

    But none of them have the literally ability to slow your character down and blurry your vision and stop you from even making it to the next loop

    A hag who knows what he's doing (which i don't blame you, but you probably never pass by) already has his web set up before getting into a chase with you. They won't follow you into a loop then place that trap, they'll have that trap and many others around it set up.

    As for oni, duh he gotta have his power. But it's not achieving the impossible with the current no heal meta, not to mention that oni has an instadown on the other hand.

    If you consider freddy's snare a joke then again, you haven't gone against a good freddy, he probably places them right in front of pallets rather than having a bit of distance to make the snare help him achieve that distance preventing the pallet drop.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520554#Comment_1520554

    I can keep Hag, Oni, Doctor, and Freddy in a chase much longer than a Clown.

    When Hag places traps on a loop, you just use that time to run to the next loop or pallet

    Oni is only an except when he has his power active. Otherwise, he's a regular m1 killer in a chase and is not better than clown.

    Freddy's blood pools are a joke and I'm much for afraid of fake pallet Freddy than the blood pool one.

    Doctor.... it really depends on where you're trying to loop him and how well you can time your vaults or pallet drops around his shocks.

    But none of them have the literally ability to slow your character down and blurry your vision and stop you from even making it to the next loop

    My point was solely focused on chases. I'm aware the other killers have better abilities and secondary abilities outside the chase. But I was only referring to when that chase music starts, who is most likely to catch me the fastest and I still stand by it being the Clown over those killers I listed because of his massive slow down ability.

    @slim0b said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520578#Comment_1520578

    A hag who knows what he's doing (which i don't blame you, but you probably never pass by) already has his web set up before getting into a chase with you. They won't follow you into a loop then place that trap, they'll have that trap and many others around it set up.

    As for oni, duh he gotta have his power. But it's not achieving the impossible with the current no heal meta, not to mention that oni has an instadown on the other hand.

    If you consider freddy's snare a joke then again, you haven't gone against a good freddy, he probably places them right in front of pallets rather than having a bit of distance to make the snare help him achieve that distance preventing the pallet drop.

    I think what you're setting up is not exactly what I'm talking about because I don't disagree that if a Hag already has their whole set up down, they have really strong chase potential. Removing that hypothetical though, in a straight up chase, a Clown has better chase potential than a Hag. Even if the Hag has traps set up already, if I know where they are, I can avoid that area of the map. Basement usually has a trap near, strong pallets that can't be mind gamed, hooks that people were pulled from. It's not hard to guess where most Hags will put their traps.

    If Oni has his power, that's a different story of course, but without it, he's no better than a Trapper in a chase. Plus I don't participate in the No Heal meta. I run inner strength and then my other 3 perks on my main are We'll Make It, For the People, and BT. All altruism and 2 of them designed to make sure people are healed quickly (For the People leave me injured but I have the pocket heal of Inner Strength for later)

    And I've unfortunately gone up against every kind of Freddy imaginable and I've always found snare Freddy far inferior to fake pallet Freddy, especially when I play solo because I don't know how many pallets those randoms threw in their chases.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1520578#Comment_1520578

    What do all those killers have in common? A second ability or a different way to use it outside of chase.

    Hag: too much to say, radar, tracking etc.

    Oni: mobility (in his power).

    Freddy: generator teleport.

    Doctor: tracking.

    Clown has no secondary ability to allow him to pressure the map, just a strong chase ability that is easily countered by pre dropping pallets.

    Exactly, he's simply lacking it. Hopefully they come out with something for him sooner or later.

  • Haven't you heard?

    Apparently he's pretty good, but no one in the community, apart from 2-3 guys and the devs, can play him properly.

    Everyone else, those who play Billy, Nurse, Huntress, you know, the low skill killers are just trash players that can't play Clown properly.


    I swear to God, look at this bullsh.

  • https://www.twitch.tv/deadbydaylight/clip/StupidDirtyFalconPraiseIt

    This is the kind of thing I'd consider fresh/forbidden tech - You can easily explain what is happening, and it exists!

  • I love the clown. I run gen perks on him. Usually get 2k or 3k. I like Pop and Overcharge

    he’s like a few killers that map a little map pressure issues.