Ive never seen both sides as equally pissed about something like this midchapter

Even the uproar about AA was nothing compared to this. I have not seen a single post praising the devs from either side at all. Would anyone care to explain everything that is upsetting them as of this moment?

Comments

  • Auras, bugs, servers, cosmetics,... Do I go on???

    Sorry, forgot the infamous, new matchmaking

  • Eh, just the auras. I have not been having that many problems with the new MMR system, the matchups got better after a while.

  • I only saw two people posting positively about the new MMR:

    1) played 1 match as killer, and 1 match as surv "everything looks fine on my end I played 2 matches, one each side and all looks good"

    2) had not even played the game since new MMR but "give it time to balance out guys"

  • The MMR does work, but the communication has been astoundingly bad on it.

    There was no precalibration done for many people, or if there was, it didn't work. I'm back to playing against who I normally played against on Nurse, but it took about 6-7 games of me stomping baby survivors to get there.

    I don't understand how you put out a QA saying "we have built in protections for new players" on the same day that the forums and twitter are littered with screenshots of rank 1s playing fresh rank 20s with 1 perk. That's hilariously tone deaf. Are you memeing? Again, stop saying you precalibrated MMR. You didn't. Unless you did but it was only for some people, in which case, say that.

    But more importantly, there needs to be some common sense built into MMR. Do we need to see a college basketball player 1v1 a middle schooler to see who's better? Why are we matching 2-3k hr vets against <300 hr accounts in the first place?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The MMR does work, but the communication has been astoundingly bad on it.

    There was no precalibration done for many people, or if there was, it didn't work. I'm back to playing against who I normally played against on Nurse, but it took about 6-7 games of me stomping baby survivors to get there.

    I don't understand how you put out a QA saying "we have built in protections for new players" on the same day that the forums and twitter are littered with screenshots of rank 1s playing fresh rank 20s with 1 perk. That's hilariously tone deaf. Are you memeing? Again, stop saying you precalibrated MMR. You didn't. Unless you did but it was only for some people, in which case, say that.

    But more importantly, there needs to be some common sense built into MMR. Do we need to see a college basketball player 1v1 a middle schooler to see who's better? Why are we matching 2-3k hr vets against <300 hr accounts in the first place?

    Totally agreed. If someone is playing their third match ever their MMR should start low, at the bottom. The learning curve for this game is BRUTAL. Someone who just bought the game has no idea what they’re doing. Maps, perks, offerings, items and add ons, status effects, killer powers, stats, all of this stuff is totally unknown to a new player and absolutely crucial for a vet. How on earth will a newbie know to slug against DS, or what “exposed” means, or how to dodge a chainsaw?

    The fact that the devs didn’t account for this at all is completely baffling to me.

  • probably the first time both killers and survivors agree about something.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    Even the uproar about AA was nothing compared to this. I have not seen a single post praising the devs from either side at all. Would anyone care to explain everything that is upsetting them as of this moment?

    Auras broke the game for me. I can't play when I can't find my traps or the hook, gens, etc. I have not played again since the auras. I've watched plenty of streams while doing other things, but can't play until they fix it.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1512206#Comment_1512206

    Totally agreed. If someone is playing their third match ever their MMR should start low, at the bottom. The learning curve for this game is BRUTAL. Someone who just bought the game has no idea what they’re doing. Maps, perks, offerings, items and add ons, status effects, killer powers, stats, all of this stuff is totally unknown to a new player and absolutely crucial for a vet. How on earth will a newbie know to slug against DS, or what “exposed” means, or how to dodge a chainsaw?

    The fact that the devs didn’t account for this at all is completely baffling to me.

    For what it's worth, I'm doing what I can to walk them through game mechanics when it's clear they don't know how to run, unhook, or perform basic tasks. And in postgame chat I'm explaining that matchmaking is messed up since the other day and they should stick with it. But I've had more than a few new players upset in postgame chat about the new player experience since MMR dropped.

  • Mmr is God awful, and it's because I'm facing people much higher and better than me. It's been like 30 games and I hate it. Depiping is too easy to do as killer and it just sucks.