How is Leatherface after the rework?
I haven't been around the community for a while know to get an opinion on if he's 'broken', strong or just mediocre.
Worst game I've had with Leatherface so far is when I got a 4k with three gens left with just his base perks against pretty decent players who knew how to loop, ranks are broken so it was never consistent but it feels like Leatherface can be a real struggle.
If you all want a good Leatherface build, run Infectious Fright, Surveillance, Ruin and Monitor and Abuse, feel free to trade any of these perks except Infectious Fright with Play with Your Food and Nemesis.
Comments
Leatherface is in a weaker Freddy-state. He's still super easy, but now he's pretty damned strong and his only real weaknesses are gens (who doesn't have that weakness) and windows (bamboozle exists and pallets are finite). Which basically means people think he's a lot stronger than he is.
He doesn't need nerfed or anything, I thinks he's fine, but I can definitely see people coming into the forums and complaining because he really is, and I cannot overstate this, extremely easy to play and decently strong to boot.
I have faced him and went against him, windows are easily not an issue if it's not killer shack loop, if you can master an already easy killer, wins constantly, I thought he was pretty damn good cause I played two matches in a row in The Game map and 4k 5 gen'd, then proceeded to get the map again after playing again the next day.
He's ok. Eats pallets for breakfast, but he's deadly in open areas. Not really viable against an optimal team, but fine for regular games.
Leatherface is now a threat in chases, but he still has the same issue as before where his map pressure is non-existent so survivors can just rush gens against him.
Leatherface still has a few weak areas in chases. Leatherface has a worse matchup against windows with the lack of charge add-ons however with the right timing you can still catch survivors mid-vault with your chainsaw it's just very risky. Leatherface can also struggle to make tight turns around corners and survivors can get distance running tight turns around corners.
He's a pallet vaccum and you need to use windows effectively to waste time.
As a chase killer I think Bubba is pretty good now.
He now has the most reliable instadown in the game, at least compared to other killers with instadowns. I do think Oni and Billy are better due to their mobility, and Michael and Ghostface fill their niche as a stealthy killers, but Bubba has his power available from the start and is much more easy to understand. he even stole some of Billy's tricks like fake revving and pallet breaking after getting stunned with Enduring.
The fact that he can hit multiple people means he is still great at defending hooks, and I've found he can even hit through BT and still catch up to hit you again with the saw, due with that info as you will. I feel he destroys pallets faster than any other killer in the game, so removing survivor defenses and creating deadzones with an instadown should speak for itself.
His main weakness is a lack of mobility and tracking, so he really has to rely on getting into chases and winning those chases fast to generate pressure. Slugging with Infectious fright is quite effective, you can continue your sprint after downing somebody and be right be behind somebody else to threaten them as well, and with the increased speed you can catch people through sprint burst. Windows are probably his biggest weakness in a chase but even then at 5.29 m/s with 3 charges you can pull off some mindgames at a few windows.
Honestly I'm happy with Leatherface now. He always should have been more dangerous in chase to make up for not being able to sprint like Hillbilly. Is he the best killer in the game, of course not. but I think he fills his niche much more effectively than before.
If you want to ascend Bubba to a whole new level, use Bamboozle.
Played correctly, he is good to great in normal games, against swf he is average.
Mediocre map pressure but seeing as how gen times means every Killer has mediocre map pressure against good Survivors it's not really worth paying attention to. His chase is the most insane thing I've ever seen and it baffles me that people are actually out here saying he "takes skill" or "is balanced" because it's just positively false. If people thought Spirit's and Slinger's chase potential was way too powerful for how easy they were, Bubba with Bamboozle is on a whole other level.