If you only play one side, you probably shouldn't ask for changes in the other one

I feel like a lot of the arguments on this forum can be completely ignored or not happen in the first place if the OP plays both sides, in the red ranks at least.

You should experience what your opposition feels before instantly assuming anything or saying it's too easy for the other side without trying.

A very easy example is the NOED bad DS bad threads, but the truth is the game would be even more unfun without them.

If NOED didn't exist survivors would have no incentive do dull bones = quicker games, there's no reason for me to hold m1 for 14s on something that has 0 effect for me and my teammates in the match.

If DS didn't exist killers would just tunnel the injured survivor off the hook, because why would I hit someone 2 times and apply significantly less pressure off someone in their 1st rather than 2nd hook state.


I encourage everyone here to play both sides and get to red ranks, it'll give you an insight on the POV of some people you discuss on the daily with, and make you avoid making threads that would seem like bait at first glance.

Comments

  • Yeah I agree with you. However, you get bloodpoints for doing totems so theres that incentive.

  • @slim0b said:

    I feel like a lot of the arguments on this forum can be completely ignored or not happen in the first place if the OP plays both sides, in the red ranks at least.

    You should experience what your opposition feels before instantly assuming anything or saying it's too easy for the other side without trying.

    A very easy example is the NOED bad DS bad threads, but the truth is the game would be even more unfun without them.

    If NOED didn't exist survivors would have no incentive do dull bones = quicker games, there's no reason for me to hold m1 for 14s on something that has 0 effect for me and my teammates in the match.

    If DS didn't exist killers would just tunnel the injured survivor off the hook, because why would I hit someone 2 times and apply significantly less pressure off someone in their 1st rather than 2nd hook state.

    I encourage everyone here to play both sides and get to red ranks, it'll give you an insight on the POV of some people you discuss on the daily with, and make you avoid making threads that would seem like bait at first glance.

    Yhea... Unfortunately most people keep saying "oh no gens are tooooo slow" or "ds should have a buff and killer shouldn't be able to move for 10 minutes" ecc. I'm not only talking about entitled survs, i say that also for the people who thinks that the nurse and the spirit needs a buff ecc ecc ecc... Well I guess that the community divides more since the ruin got changed and it splitted out even more whit the nerf at billy's addons (bc in my opinion if they didn't change the addons, people wouldn't be so upset)

    I may have went offtopic a bit but still... Bhvr should encourage ppl to play the game for fun and not only for winning and insulting the other side

  • @slim0b said:

    I feel like a lot of the arguments on this forum can be completely ignored or not happen in the first place if the OP plays both sides, in the red ranks at least.

    You should experience what your opposition feels before instantly assuming anything or saying it's too easy for the other side without trying.

    A very easy example is the NOED bad DS bad threads, but the truth is the game would be even more unfun without them.

    If NOED didn't exist survivors would have no incentive do dull bones = quicker games, there's no reason for me to hold m1 for 14s on something that has 0 effect for me and my teammates in the match.

    If DS didn't exist killers would just tunnel the injured survivor off the hook, because why would I hit someone 2 times and apply significantly less pressure off someone in their 1st rather than 2nd hook state.

    I encourage everyone here to play both sides and get to red ranks, it'll give you an insight on the POV of some people you discuss on the daily with, and make you avoid making threads that would seem like bait at first glance.

    The change to DS could be simple , in that it deactivates when you touch a gen , so you can still sabo , get in a locker , open chest open doors, do totems , heal players , but not gens


    As for NOED , make it to where it's not unlimited , change it to where when noed activates it changes all dull totems to noed , and every time you hit someone the totem breaks itself , so a maximum of 5 noed hits , and if the survivors has done 3 totems already then only 2 noed hits

  • @Victor_hensley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1504935#Comment_1504935

    First of all, thank you for actually reading my comment and respecting it instead of getting mad at it because you don't agree with something.

    Second, while I also thank you about pointing out the analogy I made not being good, I still think it's silly that most people in this post seem to come across as saying" if you play the other side once, you automatically know everything" and that there are an extremely small amount of people that only played one side and NEVER the other side (at least on the forums), but they make it out to be much more common than it actually is.

    I totally agree, just the analogy I didn't get on with. It's nice to actually see an articulate argument and not a series of contradictions, insults and contrivances.

    You sir are worth havimg a conversation with.

  • @slim0b said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1506809#Comment_1506809

    Aww come on don't say that man. Sooner or later though you'll realize you can't respond to a good share of topics here. Some people are hard to reason with, if something clearly doesn't make sense like "Calm spirit is overpowered (because OP mains doc)" you probably shouldn't bother with a response because it's either someone deluded or again, someone who doesn't play both sides.

    And you really don't have to be someone important to say something innovative so don't fret over it :)

    Got to say I agree with slim0b. I'm actually hesitant at times to respond to comments or sometimes play the game as I find the represented community on these forums have some really bad aggression issues and are unable to have "conversations" without resorting to sarcasm or insults or the my side you side debate, ad infinitum.

    I had the same feeling with the dark souls community and the Git gud homogenisation.

    It's just dumb.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1504083#Comment_1504083

    imo DS is fine, they just need to add ant-synergy with Unbreakable and Soul Guard. Make it so while DS is active, removes the ability to recover by yourself above 50% progress by any means.

    NOED will be fine when soloQ gets closer to SWF levels of information. I'll still hate the perk but at least I'll be able to do all 5 totems before my teammates eventually do the final gen (and funnily enough the only gen they did all match).

    again though both of these are my opinion and if the devs wanna rework both i wouldnt complain either :/

    wait should probably respond to the op.

    I completely agree. If you only play one side your opinion really shouldn't be taken into consideration in terms of balance. In terms of QOL changes and enjoyability, yes, just not balance.

    Dude unbreakable and soul guard is fine if you hate it so much pick them up if you even suspect them of having them or just pick them up immediately if your that paranoid and if they have ds eat it I do all the time it gets rid of it so you don't gotta worry about it later and soul guard only lasts seconds so wait it out

  • @Larz02Barz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1504094#Comment_1504094

    Dude unbreakable and soul guard is fine if you hate it so much pick them up if you even suspect them of having them or just pick them up immediately if your that paranoid and if they have ds eat it I do all the time it gets rid of it so you don't gotta worry about it later and soul guard only lasts seconds so wait it out

    The thing with Soul Guard I dont like is the recovering fully.

    I don't want to take a 5 second stun because I returned to the hook (after finding nobody on a gen), only to see the injured person, so I down them to continue creating pressure.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1510166#Comment_1510166

    The thing with Soul Guard I dont like is the recovering fully.

    I don't want to take a 5 second stun because I returned to the hook (after finding nobody on a gen), only to see the injured person, so I down them to continue creating pressure.

    I don't find it that bad bc to be honest totems are easy to find 99 percent of the time so the recovering fully only happens 1 in 10 games if that and if it lasts longer than ok they have it but once you know they got it you can just pick them up I don't have a problem with soul guard bc that's usually what I do and I'll run a hex every now and then to

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As someone who mained killer to red ranks and now just play mostly survivor (only solo never tried or want to do swf).

    Survivor is baby mode, it is ridiculous how nonthreatening the killer actually is. Survivors needs nerfs everywhere across the board once you are able to comprehend what 2+2= is.

    It's not necessarily an issue of which side is stronger, it's just how killer is more difficult since you're responsible for 4 different people of different skill levels.

    The core balance of this game is behind the idea of 2 kills 2 escapees. so if both sides play really well this should happen. But playing "really well" as survivor isn't the same as playing "really well" as killer in terms of how good the player is.

    I'm not saying buff this side buff that side, but they should be equally difficult I suppose.

  • I think there is still valid points to me made even if you are a killer/survivor main. However, if they make those comments they should be able to defend their point and be willing to see why they might be wrong when counterarguments come up.

    DS, imo isn't fine. Its not an anti-tunnel perk as many say, at least it doesnt work only as one. It mostly works as an anti-momentum perk which can easily lose you games from a single stun. Some have said you personally dont need to have it on for a killer to choose between eating a ds and leaving you on the ground, as long as someone else has it. But I would say its worse than that. Most of the time you dont need it at all as long as someone is an obsession. Its a terribly designed perk that ruins a lot of come-back potential slower killers have.

    NOED is..technically fine. For 4man SWF its absolutely fine and not a problem, for solo players or swf with less than 4, its sometimes a problem. Players need someway of being able to know how many totems are left, I like running detectives hunch but even with that sometimes a totem eludes me, either because of it being on the other side of the map or because of a scary to play against killer like nurse or spirit.

    And there are many other things a specific side can showcase why they think its a problem. Situations should also be taken into account. Like I said sometimes something thats ok/balanced against 4man SWF can be horribly imbalanced against 4 solos. Or something might be really good against the strongest killers, like DS can destroy the ability of good killers to win games, but it absolutely shuts down the come-back potential of slow or bad killers. Especially if paired with unbreakable.

    My point is this. Dont ignore something just because that player doesnt know any better. View it from his side, but take into account his specific situation, and then explain why he might be wrong or at least doesnt have to full picture. Or agree with him if its something both sides agree on (for the most part) like keys and moris being game changing, in the worst way possible.

  • I don't care what anyone else has to say about this, so I'm not reading any other comments but OP.

    I 10000000% agree with you and have been saying this for a long time.

  • @Reaver_Raziel said:

    I think there is still valid points to me made even if you are a killer/survivor main. However, if they make those comments they should be able to defend their point and be willing to see why they might be wrong when counterarguments come up.

    DS, imo isn't fine. Its not an anti-tunnel perk as many say, at least it doesnt work only as one. It mostly works as an anti-momentum perk which can easily lose you games from a single stun. Some have said you personally dont need to have it on for a killer to choose between eating a ds and leaving you on the ground, as long as someone else has it. But I would say its worse than that. Most of the time you dont need it at all as long as someone is an obsession. Its a terribly designed perk that ruins a lot of come-back potential slower killers have.

    NOED is..technically fine. For 4man SWF its absolutely fine and not a problem, for solo players or swf with less than 4, its sometimes a problem. Players need someway of being able to know how many totems are left, I like running detectives hunch but even with that sometimes a totem eludes me, either because of it being on the other side of the map or because of a scary to play against killer like nurse or spirit.

    And there are many other things a specific side can showcase why they think its a problem. Situations should also be taken into account. Like I said sometimes something thats ok/balanced against 4man SWF can be horribly imbalanced against 4 solos. Or something might be really good against the strongest killers, like DS can destroy the ability of good killers to win games, but it absolutely shuts down the come-back potential of slow or bad killers. Especially if paired with unbreakable.

    My point is this. Dont ignore something just because that player doesnt know any better. View it from his side, but take into account his specific situation, and then explain why he might be wrong or at least doesnt have to full picture. Or agree with him if its something both sides agree on (for the most part) like keys and moris being game changing, in the worst way possible.

    Some suggested a lit candle in the basement for each totem left on the map, I'm really into the idea and it would probably fix the solo queue issues that come with NOED.

    But again, this isn't a NOED problem, it's a solo queue problem. In my opinion and many others Solo queue should be buffed to SWF level so the devs can start working on balance with minor consequences.

    Solo queue should just something like a quick-chat button with pre-input messages, or maybe just base-kit kindred, I think it'd allow for much more organization which solo players desperately need.

  • Reaching Rank 1 as Killer and as Solo Survivor will give you a new perspective.

    I can't take anyone serious that hasn't reached those ranks yet and for some reason still think they know the game.

  • @slim0b said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1517812#Comment_1517812

    Some suggested a lit candle in the basement for each totem left on the map, I'm really into the idea and it would probably fix the solo queue issues that come with NOED.

    But again, this isn't a NOED problem, it's a solo queue problem. In my opinion and many others Solo queue should be buffed to SWF level so the devs can start working on balance with minor consequences.

    Solo queue should just something like a quick-chat button with pre-input messages, or maybe just base-kit kindred, I think it'd allow for much more organization which solo players desperately need.

    Yeah I dont want like full communication in DBD for solo players, but if it would be something like predetermined messages like. "Killer here", "Being chased" "Camping", or "4 totems done". Or maybe just even it automatically telling you something like that would be amazing. But kindred + that shrine suggestion (I saw it as well) would do wonders for the balance between solos and SWF. Or maybe let solos run 1 additional perk (possibly limited to information perks, like kindred, Alert, Detectives hunch and the like) but its possible it would be too strong.

    But in general I agree, if the difference between solos and 4man swfs were a lot smaller the game would be a lot better, considering the balacing would be easier to not give 1 side something that would be hopelessly OP. But wether thats done by nerfing SWF or buffing solo, or both I dont know. But the same goes for killers though. The strongest killers like Nurse and spirit need to be brought down a notch and the weakest killers like Clown and Pig need to be brough up a notch. At the very least one of them needs to happen, if only solos are buffed then up goes the weakest killers, if swf are nerfed down goes the strongest killers, ETC.

    If the rift between the strongest and weakest can be reduced then balancing will be easier as well.

  • @_McCain_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1504153#Comment_1504153

    In terms of Noed, the point if it is to punish survivors who dont cleanse totems, but most of the time when people are hit by it, 4/5 totems have been cleansed & the last one is tucked in some corner somewhere.

    So by doing totems the survivors force noed to spawn in that one nook & get punished anyway.

    An idea I had a little while ago was to base it around how many totems (dull or otherwise) remain on the map when the gates are powered.

    The killer gets 1-5 tokens (based on totems remaining when the gates are powered) determining how many basic hits the killer deals before noed vanishes.

    Possible additional changes: noed isnt a hex & the exposed effect shows up to survivors as soon as noed activates.

    Or even could make it that survivors could cleanse totems late game to remove tokens.

    Just ideas

    That's exactly why i don't cleanse obvious totem. I only cleanse the harder one. A totem counter would help to coordinate with other solo to make sure to cleanse them all so we can bridge the gap between solo and swf. But right now the best strategy isnt to do them all.

  • Okay I changed my opinion from then, if you only play one side you should NEVER have a say in balancing this game with all due respect.

1 2 ›