should players be allowed to submit skins/cosmetics to be voted by the community to be in the game , possibly for free or for a small price which would be shared with BHVR , like a new tuxedo top hat and monacle for clown ?
i really don't see the need of this, plus we do competitions for this type of thing. We have our own art team, why would we pay an outside source to create cosmetics? It makes no sense from a business perspective.
I feel like this could ruin the aesthetic of the game, even if we have a wide range from cotton candy colors to dark hues, I think that letting people create custom cosmetics could get out of hand if not monitored. But on second thought, if there was a team to allow people to create cosmetics for the game and implement them, I wouldn't be opposed.
the pink suit of the clown was done by an outside source @all the replies so there are a lot of talented artists so I think this would benefit BHVR , BHVR do not need to pay just accept good submissions and put them in the shop and if they are purchased then the earnings would be split between BHVR and the artist @mandy
the pink suit of the clown was done by an outside source @all the replies so there are a lot of talented artists so I think this would benefit BHVR , BHVR do not need to pay just accept submission and put them in the shop and if they are purchased then the earnings would be split between BHVR and the artist @mandy
Also I do think no. It will make it hard if we want to continue contests and BHVR has a dedicated art team full of awesome people that incredible creativity. Businesswise speaking, like pointed out before, it wouldn't make munch sense either.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Technically speaking, some are in the game from contests. Personally I'm fine with it being like this.
I'm only voting no here because there's no real reason for BHVR to implement this, it'd just create a competitor to the ingame store.
I can see survivors with only black clothing.
i really don't see the need of this, plus we do competitions for this type of thing. We have our own art team, why would we pay an outside source to create cosmetics? It makes no sense from a business perspective.
I feel like this could ruin the aesthetic of the game, even if we have a wide range from cotton candy colors to dark hues, I think that letting people create custom cosmetics could get out of hand if not monitored. But on second thought, if there was a team to allow people to create cosmetics for the game and implement them, I wouldn't be opposed.
the pink suit of the clown was done by an outside source @all the replies so there are a lot of talented artists so I think this would benefit BHVR , BHVR do not need to pay just accept good submissions and put them in the shop and if they are purchased then the earnings would be split between BHVR and the artist @mandy
We held a contest last year and two users won: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/76245/community-third-anniversary-contest-winners
Here's the link to this year: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/173801/4-anniversary-contest-winners#latest
Also I do think no. It will make it hard if we want to continue contests and BHVR has a dedicated art team full of awesome people that incredible creativity. Businesswise speaking, like pointed out before, it wouldn't make munch sense either.