We need to encourage healthy playstyles, here's an idea of my own which could help
I'm trying to make this as unbiased as possible, but let's cut the chase. I have an idea
We need to find a way to make killers feel rewarded for their emblems/points rather than kills. And a way to make survivors feel rewarded for their points/emblems rather than escaping or not.
I know it sounds a bit ridiculous, but if we're able to achieve this. A lot of killers will start 2 hooking and avoid tunneling/camping to go for pips, and lots of survivors would start prolonging the game slightly by healing/getting in chases rather than rush gens.
The idea is, since the new "MMR" system is coming out, and ranks will not be involved in matchmaking until the devs figure out a use for it, well here's a use.
About 3-5 weeks after the MMR is implemented and everyone's MMR score is judged, all players' ranks get reset to rank 20.
From there, with each rank up or two (BHVR judges) you get. You unlock a fully random cosmetic from a character of your own choice, maybe a full yellow set or like a part of a purple set, again it's a bit random.
You also receive a bloodpoint reward which increases as you increase in rank, like rank 19-18 = 40,000. Rank 18-17 = 75,000 . etc.. This is good because if you're a high rank killer you most likely will upgrade a higher levelled survivor which will cost more. Obviously the reward doesn't happen if you depip then pip again/alr earned reward.
Additional to that, for every 5 ranks, you get a 24 hour character pass, this pass exists in dbd mobile, and it grants you access to a character for 24 hours, when your time is locked your progress on that character is saved in case you buy it / use another pass. Although I'm not sure if they'd allow this for licensed characters.
Tell me what you think below and feel free to highlight any mistakes/additions to the idea.
TL;DR: Rank rewards will encourage people to aim for a pip or two rather than quickly ending the game or guaranteeing the 4k by any means necessary. Potentially ending "genrushing" "tunneling" "camping"
Comments
Yeah I feel like this sounds better than sort of "forcing" a playstyle onto people through nerfs or buffs etc..
So what happens if I'm not interested in cosmetics, I don't need the bloodpoints, and I already have every character unlocked? What incentivizes me to adopt a "healthy playstyle?"
That's only like 0.5% of the playerbase.
Maybe it'd be easier to let people keep a tally of their emblems and "spend" them on certain things. Spend 3 bronze emblems for a yellow medkit. Exchange one iridescent emblem for 15,000 bloodpoints. So on and so forth.
Really good idea, it'll help avoid lots of the RNG and grind that comes with bloodwebs too.
Source? :P
I mean the only people I know who maxed out the game are streamers. idk but again it's a very few amount which I guess can be ignored. And who doesn't like cosmetics
I don't give a ######### about cosmetics and already have the perks I want. It's not about maxing everything, it's about what I actually want to have.
I also find it quite interesting that, to you, "healthy playstyles" are ones that don't focus on the actual goal of each role - killing and escaping.
Trust me this wont fix genrushing and killers tunneling because.. if a low tier killer doesnt tunnel asap they will be gen rushed like mad and survivors gen rushing barely hurts their emblem system.
Thats why killers who play fair are punished heavily by this emblem system and i dont get it. instead they should be rewarded heavily for going after a different survivor.
Ive played against spirits on red ranks that literally tunnel the person off hook and proxy camp around the hook as soon as they hear the unhook notification they chase that person again and the poor guy didnt have DS and literally got hooked 3 times in a row, but can you blame the killers who do that? 3 hooks 1 guy dead and the game now is heavily slowed down pretty much a win win situation for the killers who tunnel emblem wise.
So basically what im trying to say isnt to nerf tunneling but how about we reward players who try to play fair and give them increased emblem points?