Unless I'm playing a build that has no flex or a Killer without it; in which case I play around the Key (i.e. Slug others if they're on death hook and Key isn't, focus on Key as much as is safely possible, pay attention to where I death hook Key and/or of it's still in their hand at any given time, etc.)
6 times out of 10 Key is just some goober playing alone or with goober friends, so I can ease up a bit.
But those 4 out of 10 times, it takes everything you've got to try and counter a squad with a Key.
I start by playing normally and gauge what they do. Most of the time it's random players who don't know how to play the game and probably just brought an item. If it's a sweaty game instead, then they get the sweat.
I know it'll be extremely annoying if it comes into use, but it provides me with a challenge. A hard challenge at that. If I see a map with it, I'm usually out. Just in case it's rainbow.
If it's more than one with a key, I might be inclined to equip a franklins or a mori. But then again it's pretty much the same mentality when a Myers is attempting Evil Incarnate. Instead of jumping in lockers and disconnecting, we're lobby dodging or trying to target the key-bearer.
I understand there are key/hatch associated challenges and the 'Where Did They Go?' achievement. I also understand that they're frustrating enough without the killer purposely making the exercise even more testing.
For those reasons alone, if it's just one key, I very rarely change my set-up.
you got a couple of choices. one: if you think you can, just outplay them somehow. (bringing franklins is good) or just bring your best killer, best perks (to you) and slug if you want, its whatevs or maybe try to plan ahead with some stupid idea i guess
play normally but remind myself that I have to start slugging like a maniac if there are three survivors alive and only two gens left; wouldn't want the hatch to spawn for the last two.
I never see no damn keys in the lobby because they're so tiny and hard to spot ffs. /s
To be completely honest I either leave the lobby (usually, when they're also bringing a map) or I just play normally. I'm too lazy to change my whole build just to counter a key tbh.
OP -- you should do one of these on what you do if you see a mori on the loadout screen.
Keys got a counter with the Franklin's rework and moris (which are more aggregious and allow skipping more steps in the game than keys) have yet to be touched.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Unless I'm playing a build that has no flex or a Killer without it; in which case I play around the Key (i.e. Slug others if they're on death hook and Key isn't, focus on Key as much as is safely possible, pay attention to where I death hook Key and/or of it's still in their hand at any given time, etc.)
6 times out of 10 Key is just some goober playing alone or with goober friends, so I can ease up a bit.
But those 4 out of 10 times, it takes everything you've got to try and counter a squad with a Key.
SPIRIT, FRANKLIN'S DEMISE, MOTHER-DAUGHTER RING, YAKUYOKE AMULET, EBONY MORI. Or something as toxic as this.
Dodge, got not time for that noise, I'm here to play a game not half of one.
Green Mori specifically
I start by playing normally and gauge what they do. Most of the time it's random players who don't know how to play the game and probably just brought an item. If it's a sweaty game instead, then they get the sweat.
I know it'll be extremely annoying if it comes into use, but it provides me with a challenge. A hard challenge at that. If I see a map with it, I'm usually out. Just in case it's rainbow.
i tunnel the key user. they want to be toxic? well, i'll be toxic too. :)
If it's more than one with a key, I might be inclined to equip a franklins or a mori. But then again it's pretty much the same mentality when a Myers is attempting Evil Incarnate. Instead of jumping in lockers and disconnecting, we're lobby dodging or trying to target the key-bearer.
I understand there are key/hatch associated challenges and the 'Where Did They Go?' achievement. I also understand that they're frustrating enough without the killer purposely making the exercise even more testing.
For those reasons alone, if it's just one key, I very rarely change my set-up.
It depends on the other survivors:
If its a full sweat squad item loadout for the survivor I dodge.(Unlikely to happen)
If its just one survivor when no one else has items I just play like normal.(The most common occurrence due to archives)
I never use my mori's almost ever, so I've got stacks and stacks of them. The only time I throw them on are to counter keys, that's it basically.
you got a couple of choices. one: if you think you can, just outplay them somehow. (bringing franklins is good) or just bring your best killer, best perks (to you) and slug if you want, its whatevs or maybe try to plan ahead with some stupid idea i guess
Hippety Hoppety, I dodge that Lobbity.
And to justify this, I never ever burn moris unless there's a daily ritual for it.
play normally but remind myself that I have to start slugging like a maniac if there are three survivors alive and only two gens left; wouldn't want the hatch to spawn for the last two.
I never see no damn keys in the lobby because they're so tiny and hard to spot ffs. /s
To be completely honest I either leave the lobby (usually, when they're also bringing a map) or I just play normally. I'm too lazy to change my whole build just to counter a key tbh.
OP -- you should do one of these on what you do if you see a mori on the loadout screen.
Keys got a counter with the Franklin's rework and moris (which are more aggregious and allow skipping more steps in the game than keys) have yet to be touched.
Don't feel like having the extra stress of worrying about a key
I don't pay attention though. Most of the time I listen to the music at web while in lobby.
I play normal if it's just a key and one other tool, but if at least 3 survivors have a tool I will usually bring franklins.
Franklin's + Ivory Mori.
I mean, I might bring Franklin's if there are literally 3-4 keys, but I usually couldn't care less about their items.
Dodge. I’m not playing against a key if I can help it.