What is fun about vsing swf?

I personally find it boring. The moment i see the communication flying i want to just switch off because there is no point.

I can down and hook them all i want, but nothing can stop the gens being done when they evenly spread out and warn each other about where you are going.

The most simple example is this. Chase a survivor off a gen at 80% and they just call over someone to finish it while being chased.

You can't keep them injured as they just organise group heals so gen "pressure" goes out the window as every chase starts from full health

You can't make plays as a killer because they just tell each other what you are doing so what is the point?


I really don't get where the "challenge" is in a stacked game.

And no.. they are NOT overly altruistic like everyone keeps spouting.

Comments

  • Im a survivor main who play with my friends a lot and i really feel sorry for killer mains, i only play killer to do my challenges and it's always a hell, now im anxious before every match when i try to play killer. But just keep in mind that not every swf is a bully squad, me and my friends are pretty chill, due to the bad mmr we had a match against a baby huntress last week, we only realised that she was new in the endgame, we went after her and started to point to the hooks but she refused and carried us to the gates, she was a rank 18 and we had a pretty good talk with her afterwards.

  • If anything, I find vsing SWF better than solos as they actually give you a challenge. Additionally, the amount of super altruistic groups you get who are determined to get everyone out, you can abuse them just as much as they can abuse you.

    Although, I feel when you get SWF they should go up against a much stronger killer player skill-wise. I think the biggest mistake people make especially in red ranks is just assuming every good team are SWF. They can just be really good players.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Easiest question I've had to answer all week lol

    • Won't hide in the corner the whole game.
    • People to talk to (I love to talk).
    • Know how to loop.
    • Know when exactly to rush gens, while also not creating a 3 gen.
    • Reliable help against campers/tunnellers.
    • Can play fun meme builds.
    • While levelling survivors they might give you free items.
    • Help me with challenges.
    • Drinking weekends (the best reason to play swf).
    • Know their perks.
    • Can give some useful information.
    • Build up friendship that can transfer over to other games.

    Think I'm missing about 10 but this is my initial thoughts. Hope that explains things.

    And it seems the easiest misunderstanding all week. The question was about "vsing" and not playing.

    But I think you knew that and just listed those points you like about swf not why it is fun to play against.

  • @evil_one_74 said:

    What do you killers say all the time? Oh yeah! " deal with it ", " get good ", " it's part of the game ", ect...

    Just to comment, VoIP were never part of the game and are the essential point why swf feels/is an unfair advantage.

    But hey I may have only 150 hours (since release) in this game and may not know what I am talking about, but using logic.

  • Depends on the SWF, not all are death squads. Generally more frustrating as killer to play against though.

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1490086#Comment_1490086

    I am all for them making solo stronger by making aura perks baseline and adding a quick chat option with common phrases

    "I am being chased!"

    "i am not being chased!"

    "barn"

    "shack"

    etc

    Identity v does it and it works great.

    The killer nerfs have made it clear they are not going to do anything. Even tho they promised a year ago that they would buff solo and all we got was a buff to a perk (literally useless as swf take all meta perks with no need for aura perks)

    Then why not just play Identity V? I play solo survivor because i like the lack of information this game resolve around. And while swf is a problem, the solution is not buffing solos, but seperate them from swf.

    Yeah, i know its not gonna happen, but some people like the uncertainty.

  • @smappdooda said:

    And if you accuse them of it after, they all say "Nah solo" but their profiles are private. They get off on it.

    Except killers literally have accused me of being in a SWF while I was streaming in solo queue so it actually happens all the time. Just because you get dominated, doesn't mean it was a SWF

  • SWF is good for people that simply enjoy playing games with there mates and the interaction that is part of it.

    Yes I play with Comms but don't bully the killer, and spend most of the time talking to my mate about random stuff.

    Yes SWF for bullies and tryhards, no but SWF gaming is important for the social and fun aspect too

  • @KissingxToast said:

    I play SWF just because it's more fun than solo and dying on first hook a lot. Tbh, I wish my friends and I were as coordinated as some of these posts seems to suggest all SWF are because we mostly just screw up and laugh about it. xD

    My point is not all SWF are looking to give you a bad experience or are sweaty. Keep that in mind :)

    Pretty much this right here. Half of my friends are trash at the game. If I encountered them as randoms, I would flame them in post game chat for being useless XD

    That said, as friends.... we are pretty chill and sometimes we make stupid plays and laugh about them. Or I'll just run and give someone For the People just so I can get tunneled because altruism is our main things. It's pretty much the reason we hate camping so much. We don't care about escaping, we care about getting as many teammates out as possible. If 3 of us die, but I make a play that allows the 4th person to escape, that's a gg for me.

  • When I decide to play Survivor, a majority of my time is spent in Solo. But when I do play with friends, none of us even run the meta, besides Borrowed Time if the Killer decides to camp. I like using Aftercare, one of my buddies likes Alert, and my other friend likes using Windows of Opportunity because she's not the best in chase. But like, who cares? We just wanna have fun when we play.

    We're no exception to the 'MURDER ALL SWF' rule (Killers running Moris, using Ultra Rare add ons, slugging, tunneling, etc). But we don't complain too much. It's a shame the game has come to such a level, but it's understandable in the same sense. The sweat squads have gotten the less sweaty, genuine for-fun groups stereotyped into the 'ALL SWF'S ARE SWEATY' mentality.

    I guess it's the old saying. A few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1495004#Comment_1495004

    And it seems the easiest misunderstanding all week. The question was about "vsing" and not playing.

    But I think you knew that and just listed those points you like about swf not why it is fun to play against.

    Yea I'm just that much of a troll I'd just deliberately misread the title and list reasons why I like swf lol definitely not because I was having a few drinks with a mate that night 😉

    I actually do find it fun to face swf teams. Here's some reasons why:

    • Not a guaranteed 4k
    • Beating a sweaty team feels amazing
    • Beating a cocky team is brilliant
    • Beating a swf team with a meme build is hilarious
    • Easier to predict what they're doing (I.e flashlight saves)
    • More likely to get salt (personally the funniest thing in this game)

    There is more I could probably think of but these are the only ones I could think of in 5 mins.

  • @snozer said:

    I personally find it boring. The moment i see the communication flying i want to just switch off because there is no point.

    I can down and hook them all i want, but nothing can stop the gens being done when they evenly spread out and warn each other about where you are going.

    The most simple example is this. Chase a survivor off a gen at 80% and they just call over someone to finish it while being chased.

    You can't keep them injured as they just organise group heals so gen "pressure" goes out the window as every chase starts from full health

    You can't make plays as a killer because they just tell each other what you are doing so what is the point?

    I really don't get where the "challenge" is in a stacked game.

    And no.. they are NOT overly altruistic like everyone keeps spouting.

    Nothing. When you start feeling like a Home Alone villain it's time to alt-tab and go back to watching YT videos until it's over. Let them waste their time.

1 2 ›