Weaker perks that have potential

There are so many perks in the game that have great concepts but are pretty mediocre. Examples include Second Wind, Autodidact, Cruel Limits, Technician, Mindbreaker, Predator, Third Seal, etc.

Ideas I have for these perks:

Second Wind: Give it a token-based system. Up to 2 tokens, if you fully heal a survivor, you get a token. Each token is consumed when you are unhooked. The same effect for Second Wind remains, where you are later instantly healed.

Autodidact: Make it so you get healing skill checks more frequently, well, kind of. My idea is that the odds of getting healing skill checks are reduced for each token you get. So maybe when you have no tokens, the odds of getting a skill check is increased by 50%, then for 1 token it's 40%, then for 2 tokens 35%, 3 tokens 30%, 4/5 tokens 25%.

Cruel Limits: This one is pretty easy to buff, just make it so that every window outside of the killer's terror radius is blocked instead of every window near the completed generator. If the killer has the undetectable status effect, then every single window on the map is blocked. And bam, this perk is perfect! Absolutely nothing else to change for the perk. This perk could be pretty good on the Hillbilly and the Cannibal if it gets this buff.

Technician: Also an easy perk to buff. Make it so that generator explosions are always prevented, but the generator still loses progress. For its other effect, buff the repair noise reduction to 8/10/12 metres. This perk can be used as a counter to the Nightmare.

For the rest of the perks, I'm not exactly sure how to buff them, but The Third Seal could probably use a secondary effect. For example, when someone cleanses its totem, the blindness effects are gone, but there is another effect that is given to the killer or all survivors. I'm not really sure what it should be, but I know people could come up with interesting ideas.

Comments

  • I always liked the idea of second wind and really thought it'd catch on with survivors. As for The Third Seal, depending on the amount of stacks you have, blindness effect remains for a certain duration? Like maybe it lasts for a minute if you had everyone blinded already, it was already a pretty weak effect so I don't think it'd be overpowered.

  • Not a fan of the increased odds of skillcheck on autodidact, since it retains the fundamental problems of RNG. Personally, I'd want it to get: 'When healing another survivor without a medkit for 3 seconds, press the active ability button to set skill check chance to 100% for one second. 30 second cooldown.'

    Basically, a once-per-heal guaranteed check.

  • Oh my god I just realized this thread finally got revived (somewhat) after I acknowledged that I made this thread months ago. Thanks guys. Let's get started!

    @LazyPayday said:

    I always liked the idea of second wind and really thought it'd catch on with survivors. As for The Third Seal, depending on the amount of stacks you have, blindness effect remains for a certain duration? Like maybe it lasts for a minute if you had everyone blinded already, it was already a pretty weak effect so I don't think it'd be overpowered.

    Thanks, I've always been bummed with knowing I've healed survivors twice but never got any other use out of that second heal.

    @Firellius said:

    Not a fan of the increased odds of skillcheck on autodidact, since it retains the fundamental problems of RNG. Personally, I'd want it to get: 'When healing another survivor without a medkit for 3 seconds, press the active ability button to set skill check chance to 100% for one second. 30 second cooldown.'

    Basically, a once-per-heal guaranteed check.

    Yeah, looking back at what I said months ago, I can honestly agree. I love your idea a lot better than mine. WAY better.