Just Curious...
Why is the idea of a FNaF chapter so hated upon? You could argue that the FNaF community is cancerous, but every community has a few bad apples in it. I just feel that there would be a lot more positives than negatives that would come from a FNaF chapter. Do you hate the idea of a FNaF chapter or would you be okay with it if it were added into the game? Or maybe you couldn't care less whether a FNaF chapter were added. This is just an opinionated debate with no right or wrong answers.
Comments
I was thinking something along the lines of a Springtrap killer, but that's just a thought. A FNaF chapter could be executed in dozens of ways in terms of mechanics and concepts. You could introduce many different play styles to the game. There was a concept I saw on the forums about a FNaF killer a while ago. The concept was all about punishing you if you are out of the terror radius by gradually adding negative effects (essentially a reverse carters sparks thing).
I'd prefer a homebrew animatronic killer to a licensed one, more freedom for cosmetics and map design.
Many fans of Five Nights at Freddy's don't really like actually playing the games. They like the series for other things like story/lore, characters, fan games, and other stuff like that. The whole reason why I suggested bring a FNaF character to Dead by Daylight in the first place is because Dead by Daylight's gameplay. I find the gameplay of Dead by Daylight much more enjoyable than FNaF's gameplay, but FNaF has some really interesting characters that would suit the role for a great killer. So, that's why I thought it would be interesting to see a FNaF killer in this game.
Springtrap would be the best choice for a killer, if a Five Nights at Freddy's chapter were to be added.
I don't really have a preference on licensed vs. original killers. However, I'm sure that the creator of Five Nights at Freddy's would be perfectly fine with cosmetics.
FNAF is a cool game,it was more Omg (tendency) back in 2014,2015,but now is meh.
i dont know how an animatronic could work in DBD So,it's like trying to add the xenomorph from alien movie
it doesn't fit at all
I do agree that this doesn't fit into the game at all: https://pm1.narvii.com/6135/3db0207a9b12941366446715d6023fb0f9f92199_hq.jpg
However, this absolutely fits the game's atmosphere: https://pre00.deviantart.net/ee30/th/pre/f/2017/167/9/2/stylistic_springtrap_render_by_misterfab1970-dbcx2o6.png
Um, wut
Wut
Just not a fan of the overly cartoony look of FNAF and feel it would take away from the overall vibe of the game. If they are gonna add more licensed killers and survivor I could think of a lot that would be much more deserving of the honor.
As I said before:
I do agree that this doesn't fit into the game at all: https://pm1.narvii.com/6135/3db0207a9b12941366446715d6023fb0f9f92199_hq.jpg
However, this absolutely fits the game's atmosphere: https://pre00.deviantart.net/ee30/th/pre/f/2017/167/9/2/stylistic_springtrap_render_by_misterfab1970-dbcx2o6.png
There's only a handful of killers I think would be better than a FNaF killer. Maybe like Jason or Chucky (even though he most likely won't come). I'm just thinking in terms of videogame killers with a legacy. Yeah, there are more scary options, but I didn't see people going around talking about those options in 2014.
Alright, think what you want.
I guess..? Idk it isn't my concept.
Pinhead, Candman, Pyramid Head, and The Tall Man would all be top choices for me but I'm a little old school I see a lot of threads asking for Ghostface from scream and The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers even though we know he won't be getting added. So there are still quite a few they could add before going that route.
They would just not fit in.
Springtrap is literally a rotting corpse in a robot suit, I feel he would fit in really nicely.
I feel like people keep forgetting about Springtrap, the character that is literally a rotting body in a robot suit.
Instantly regretted not listing him as soon as I saw your post, would love to see him added as well.
I'm not saying it has to be the next DLC or even the most likely DLC. Those are all great choices and should get a spot on the roster spot. All I'm saying is that a FNaF killer, like Springtrap, should eventually get a roster spot of his own as well.
I haven't seem him before. He looks like the hag's husband!
I feel like this concept would suffer because of the "stage hazard" concept that games like Smash Bros also suffered from: The abillity to decide a win or loss due to a hazard presented by the stage. I would be ok with it if the map with the hazards could only be spawned in with the use of an offering (maybe like a "very rare" offering), so this way its not totally RNG based.